A blood test for cancer???

I always say wait, when hean I hear the words potential cures or postential universal blood tests. This article said "potential universal blood test for cancer but went on to mention only three “types” of cancer. At least it did say potentilal as there are at least 75 main types of cancer with many of these having several sub “types”. That being said, hopefully the article is correct.

I agree. Different cancers have different sensitivities. For example, breast cancer reacts to estrogens, prostate cancer reacts to testosterone. I’m sure Macgyver and Asanta can expand on this, but I’ll bet that while those three cancers put out a hormone or other chemical that can be detected in the blood, others don’t produce it so can’t be detected that way.
Occam

I agree. Different cancers have different sensitivities. For example, breast cancer reacts to estrogens, prostate cancer reacts to testosterone. I'm sure Macgyver and Asanta can expand on this, but I'll bet that while those three cancers put out a hormone or other chemical that can be detected in the blood, others don't produce it so can't be detected that way. Occam
There is a blood test that can detect a minor or incipient heart attack being widely used now. http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/cardiac-enzyme-studies It seems logical to me that diseases leave traces in blood, not just cancer. It's discovering what they are that will lead to more effective testing of blood as a regular procedure. This line of diagnostic research is exciting to me and I think it will become more and more important in diagnosing many diseases early, bedore they do serious damage and when they can be more effectively controlled. Lois