7:20 Mtn Time Full Moon Eclipse

Sweet, finally the timing of a lunar eclipse is convenient -
It’s cooling watching the moon rise with
the umbra is already laying down a shadow on the moon’s left flank.
Happy moon gazing folks. :slight_smile:

W are totally socked in here, complete cloud cover since this morning. Drat! NASA is live streaming the event though.
Cap’t Jack

W are totally socked in here, complete cloud cover since this morning. Drat! NASA is live streaming the event though. Cap't Jack
I never saw the moon tonight and there were no clouds. A friend on the East Coast who could see it well said it was supremely disappointing. Few of us will be around for the next one in 2033 or we'll be gaga. Lois
I never saw the moon tonight and there were no clouds. A friend on the East Coast who could see it well said it was supremely disappointing. Few of us will be around for the next one in 2033 or we’ll be gaga.
My wife and I watched it on the NASA streaming site and saw it reach the full eclipse before the site started to crash. And I'm already Gaga. That's the name my granddaughters gave me. Cap't Jack
I never saw the moon tonight and there were no clouds. A friend on the East Coast who could see it well said it was supremely disappointing. Few of us will be around for the next one in 2033 or we’ll be gaga.
My wife and I watched it on the NASA streaming site and saw it reach the full eclipse before the site started to crash. And I'm already Gaga. That's the name my granddaughters gave me. Cap't Jack
Gaga, that's quite a compliment coming from your granddaughters.

Well we had totally clear sky, and being far from city lights the whole landscape glowed.
It was cool.

I had a nice, clear view here in New England.
An enjoyable sight. I was able to see an amazing number of stars during totality, although the moon’s south polar region never quite fully dimmed (making it hard to see the rest of the moon). Because it got rather chilly outside by 11:30 pm, I didn’t stay for it to come fully out of totality (I just looked outside occasionally).

Gaga, that’s quite a compliment coming from your granddaughters.
Yeah, our oldest couldn't say "grandad". Ironically I like the singer too. Cap't Jack
That's cute. Lois

My small pictures…

That’s cute.
Thanks Lois. They're both great kids and it's been a lot of fun watching them grow up. They both love Science too. Cap't Jack
That’s cute.
Thanks Lois. They're both great kids and it's been a lot of fun watching them grow up. They both love Science too. Cap't Jack
Well, they would, wouldn't they? ;-P Lois