When will these gun-tragedies end in the USA?

By Peter Manseau March 21, 2013
Melancholy Accidents | The New Yorker

By Peter Manseau March 21, 2013 https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/melancholy-accidents
Sure, 'he came to his death by the providence of God'!! No wonder the gun-fools are also God-fools!

Yeah. guns don’t kill people.
Blame it on blood loss.

Students demand action on gun violence with nationwide walkout

Will the gun-crazy adults and the people who make money through making and selling guns hear the cry of these lovely young kids?

I heard one kid put it quite well
When the adults and like kids,
and the kids need to act like adults,
something has got to change.

US Boy, 9, Kills Sister, 13, over Video Game

Another senseless premature end of a human life, thanks to the gun-nut culture! Shouldn’t the parents here be charged for aiding the death of a human being by their careless storage of a gun in the house?

Maryland school officer stops armed student who shot 2 others

The gun-nuts surely would make a hero out of the school resource officer for protecting other kids, as opposed to feeling sad about the shooter’s death or his girlfriend’s critical condition at the hospital!
So, the boy was angry with his girlfriend, or even that he shot two kids and was willing to shoot more. Would any of these have gotten him a death sentence in a court of law?
Yes, the death of that shooting kid is also a tragedy that did not have to happen, and would not have happened if guns were not so callously available in this country.

True but did you have a suggestion on how to make guns less available. You did ask if gun-tragedies would stop, so what’s your idea?

Gun violence in the US won’t end until Republicans are voted out of Congress and the White House, the NRA is declared a terrorist organization and the populace gains a modicum of common sense.
Until that day arrives the US will remain the gun violence capital of the world. The US has proven that an armed populace encourages violence and terrorism.
I won’t be holding my breath.
Lois

True but did you have a suggestion on how to make guns less available. You did ask if gun-tragedies would stop, so what's your idea?
Thanks for asking the question. I apparently did not make my ideas for stopping gun-violence clear in this thread. I think the gun ownership laws of Japan and much of Western Europe are good. To sum up my ideas, gun ownership should not be a right; it should be a privilege that must be earned and maintained through passing serious reviews of mental health, sense of responsibility and need. Of course, the congressional leaders and the president would need to have that common sense in order for the USA to have the level of gun safety that much of the developed world has. Here is a link that discusses how Japan has almost no gun violence: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38365729

Who knows, but it has damned well started.
Beltane, MikeYohe take note, these kids don’t fall for the sort of utter fraudulent bullshit reasoning and amoral disregard for facts that your posts represent so well.
Meet your match! :snake:

11-Year-Old Naomi Wadler Speaks At The #MarchForOurLives https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzjYls6KjdE Resonant Muse] Published on Mar 24, 2018 Full Naomi Wadler speech at the March For Our Lives on March 24, 2018. This young girl's poise and articulation, as she spoke in front of thousands of people, blew me away. She is the future.
Students Lead Huge Rallies for Gun Control Across the U.S. By MICHAEL D. SHEAR - MARCH 24, 2018 https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/24/us/politics/students-lead-huge-rallies-for-gun-control-across-the-us.html
Maryland school officer stops armed student who shot 2 others https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/20/us/great-mills-high-school-shooting/index.html The gun-nuts surely would make a hero out of the school resource officer for protecting other kids, as opposed to feeling sad about the shooter's death or his girlfriend's critical condition at the hospital! So, the boy was angry with his girlfriend, or even that he shot two kids and was willing to shoot more. Would any of these have gotten him a death sentence in a court of law? Yes, the death of that shooting kid is also a tragedy that did not have to happen, and would not have happened if guns were not so callously available in this country.
It's just another rung on the escalation ladder. Of course, a trained prepared armed guard will have a good shot at blowing the head off of a young shooter. So next shooters wear flack jackets, and so on and so forth. They will give no quarter, until gun in every hand, ......................... :down:

"We need each and every one of you screaming at your Representatives and Senators.

WOW! What a speech from a young girl to Donald Trump & Senators. @realDonaldTrump #MarchForOurLives https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJYNLwTCjfA This speaker is Jacqueline Coren - https://www.romper.com/p/who-are-the-march-for-our-lives-organizers-the-faces-behind-the-march-are-on-a-mission-8344172 - "The upcoming march on Washington was organized by five student survivors of the Parkland shooting — Jacqueline Coren, Emma Gonzalez, Cameron Kasky, David Hogg, Alex Wind — along with school staff, members of the Parkland community, and a nonprofit. The march is planned to begin at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time on March 24 and organizers are anticipating a crowd of 50,000 attendees and protesters, according to The Washington Post"
This one is well on the way to being an adult! I don't think they are going to give any quarter either, and they have love and honesty on their side, we'll find out what else they have soon enough. I wish them the very best, may they not become the disgusting failures* my generation was. * For the record - for me success would be measured is how nice/secure of a life and biosphere and planet and livelihood we leave for those who follow. As opposed to the entire "Libertarian" Tea-bagger, GOP 'hate the government' thing, which is all about me, me, me, I'm gonna get "mine", I got "mine" and fuk the rest of 'em. It's rotten to the core and will implode in any event, not even considering certain other historically absolutely unique situations that are barreling down on a Willfully Ignorant leadership and populace.
¶ "We need each and every one of you screaming at your Representatives and Senators.
WOW! What a speech from a young girl to Donald Trump & Senators. @realDonaldTrump #MarchForOurLives https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJYNLwTCjfA This speaker is Jacqueline Coren - https://www.romper.com/p/who-are-the-march-for-our-lives-organizers-the-faces-behind-the-march-are-on-a-mission-8344172 - "The upcoming march on Washington was organized by five student survivors of the Parkland shooting — Jacqueline Coren, Emma Gonzalez, Cameron Kasky, David Hogg, Alex Wind — along with school staff, members of the Parkland community, and a nonprofit. The march is planned to begin at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time on March 24 and organizers are anticipating a crowd of 50,000 attendees and protesters, according to The Washington Post"
This one is well on the way to being an adult! I don't think they are going to give any quarter either, and they have love and honesty on their side, we'll find out what else they have soon enough. I wish them the very best, may they not become the disgusting failures* my generation was. * For the record - for me success would be measured is how nice/secure of a life and biosphere and planet and livelihood we leave for those who follow. As opposed to the entire "Libertarian" Tea-bagger, GOP 'hate the government' thing, which is all about me, me, me, I'm gonna get "mine", I got "mine" and fuk the rest of 'em. It's rotten to the core and will implode in any event, not even considering certain other historically absolutely unique situations that are barreling down on a Willfully Ignorant leadership and populace.
Indeed, the speeches of the adolescents and young adults in the rally were great and a ray of hope for the USA. After a long time, I wrote an article, especially to honor the young Americans that have organized the March for Our Lives movement. http://enblog.mukto-mona.com/2018/03/25/the-most-intractable-problem-of-the-usa/ Please feel free to share this article. I would also very much appreciate it if someone helped me publish it in a more US-centric web or paper publication; that would be allowed as per the policy of where I posted the article as a regular registered contributor. Thanks.
Indeed, the speeches of the adolescents and young adults in the rally were great and a ray of hope for the USA. After a long time, I wrote an article, especially to honor the young Americans that have organized the March for Our Lives movement. http://enblog.mukto-mona.com/2018/03/25/the-most-intractable-problem-of-the-usa/ Please feel free to share this article.
That's a pretty good summary.
I would also very much appreciate it if someone helped me publish it in a more US-centric web or paper publication; that would be allowed as per the policy of where I posted the article as a regular registered contributor. Thanks.
Yeah, there's the rub finding people interested enough to network and help circulate stuff like this. If I had any connections I'd share them. But, it's still the sound of one hand clapping over here.
Indeed, the speeches of the adolescents and young adults in the rally were great and a ray of hope for the USA. After a long time, I wrote an article, especially to honor the young Americans that have organized the March for Our Lives movement. http://enblog.mukto-mona.com/2018/03/25/the-most-intractable-problem-of-the-usa/ Please feel free to share this article.
That's a pretty good summary.
I would also very much appreciate it if someone helped me publish it in a more US-centric web or paper publication; that would be allowed as per the policy of where I posted the article as a regular registered contributor. Thanks.
Yeah, there's the rub finding people interested enough to network and help circulate stuff like this. If I had any connections I'd share them. But, it's still the sound of one hand clapping over here. Thanks, Peter. Hope the youngsters' messages would hit the conscience of some of the seemingly incorrigible gun-nut voters and politicians. The USA has come a long way toward law and order and public safety since the adoption of the Second Amendment to its Constitution in 1791. The gun-ownership right is much overdue for repealing, with a common sense replacement by the privilege for sane and responsible people to own guns based upon real needs.
True but did you have a suggestion on how to make guns less available. You did ask if gun-tragedies would stop, so what's your idea?
Thanks for asking the question. I apparently did not make my ideas for stopping gun-violence clear in this thread. I think the gun ownership laws of Japan and much of Western Europe are good. To sum up my ideas, gun ownership should not be a right; it should be a privilege that must be earned and maintained through passing serious reviews of mental health, sense of responsibility and need. Of course, the congressional leaders and the president would need to have that common sense in order for the USA to have the level of gun safety that much of the developed world has. Here is a link that discusses how Japan has almost no gun violence: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38365729 Sam, if you don’t mind I would like to be objective here. Boiling the issues down to the core and what you end up with is. Are American’s willing to give up their rights and turn them into privileges? It is clear that Hilary’s deplorables want to keep their rights and fight the caste system they are being pushed into. Using children to front political agendas is being watched by the voters. Answer this, who has the democrats got that’s creditable to lead such an issue. I don’t see Obama stepping up. Do you think Hilary should lead the effort? Using the kids is not only wrong it is going to backfire. As far as Japan and much of Western Europe, it is simple, they don’t have the rights that we do. And we have to use guns to protect Japan and Western Europe. So, if we become like them, then who is going to protect us? Side note, Japan’s culture has had the "Sword Hunt". America dates back to Cowboys. Japan does not have auto theft either. Umbrellas and bicycles are a theft problem. Just culture differences.
Sam, if you don’t mind I would like to be objective here. Boiling the issues down to the core and what you end up with is. Are American’s willing to give up their rights and turn them into privileges? It is clear that Hilary’s deplorables want to keep their rights and fight the caste system they are being pushed into. Using children to front political agendas is being watched by the voters. Answer this, who has the democrats got that’s creditable to lead such an issue. I don’t see Obama stepping up. Do you think Hilary should lead the effort? Using the kids is not only wrong it is going to backfire. As far as Japan and much of Western Europe, it is simple, they don’t have the rights that we do. And we have to use guns to protect Japan and Western Europe. So, if we become like them, then who is going to protect us? Side note, Japan’s culture has had the "Sword Hunt". America dates back to Cowboys. Japan does not have auto theft either. Umbrellas and bicycles are a theft problem. Just culture differences.
You do not need my consent to be objective or even subjective, Mike. However, you are hardly objective here. You talked about 'using the kids'! Really? Do you not have any feeling for the kids that were killed in Parkland, or for their friends who survived through the horror? You talked about 'America dates back to Cowboys'! Buddy, all of us have ancestors that were savages one time or another. Do you want our generation and future generations to remain savages? You talked about 'we have to use guns to protect Japan and Western Europe'! Pure BS! In reality, by our misguided sense of protecting them, we spend billions of our tax dollars to support our weapons industry. As for the Democrats, there are plenty of gun-nuts among them too. I am a registered "Independent". I do not like the Democrats' immigration and diversity policies that allow wrong ways of life (Islam, for example) and wrong people to settle in my adoptive homeland. In any case, I do not see a solution to America's gun problem in the horizon; and I am quite frustrated about that.

Cowboys? That’s your reasoning? The Sheriff made you check your gun at his office in a lot of those small towns.
And “using the kids”, Mike, you have gone nowhere but downhill since you started posting here. I suppose “The Storm” is next for you.
The “using the kids” attack on the gun control rallies is blatant propaganda. When a young person starts preaching the word, that’s the holy spirit. It certainly couldn’t be that the parents told them how cute there are when they imitate a preacher. No. But if a young person wants sensible gun legislation, based on a history of his country having sensible gun legislation, then his government teachers are “giving them talking points.” Since when is learning something a talking point?

When I was boy, we had memes like “dont’ trust anyone over 30” and “question authority”. These kids are getting support directly from their parents and teachers, the very people conservatives said we should be listening to, and you figure out a way to make that wrong. A-f-ing-mazing. It’s just one more nail in the coffin of “family values”. When that means patriarchy and child abuse, it’s not about values at all.

Ok, lets see if we can get the points back in order on the table. Cowboys, was to point the culture difference between Japan and the US. Japan used swords and not guns. The government took the swords away. Why, so the people could not revolt. The cowboys are still here today. And they still have guns. And when the government wanted to take the Bundy land, the cowboys came out with guns and stopped the government. And as of today, the Bundy ranch has not been taken by the government. If you think that we would be better off to be like Japan and let the government take all the guns. Then the Bundy ranch would be under government control today and they would be no ranch.
Next, if you think the kids did the demonstrations on their own, you need to get real. The kids can demonstrate all they want. I don’t care. That is if they do it on their own time and dime. They can demonstrate about guns or start preaching the holy spirit. I don’t care. Just keep it out of the schools and being paid for with tax dollars. And trying to tell me it is ok because it is educational. Next, I bet you will be trying to sell me swamp land.
At some point you are going to have to make the decision to live by and use the United States constitution. Which only works with transparency. And does not work with secret courts, lawyers, judges, jails, and police. We have secret armies and secret budgets for secret departments. We have secret space programs that put secret spy satellites to watch us. The constitution says, “We the People". There is no “We" in the Deep State. And as long as there is a Deep State and secret courts, We the People will keep our guns.
It is becoming simple enough for the working man to understand. The left or democratic party wants secret departments. People understand the secret departments are mainly located in DC area and the DC area is almost completely democrats. Which is easy to figure that all the secret departments are controlled by democrats. Which brings us to the FBI and DOJ working with the secret courts to control the presidency of the United States. But let’s not worry about that. Let’s get the general public to follow high school kids’ political directions. Because we damn sure don’t want the public talking about the secret courts or the public being controlled. People might get the idea that they are the boss and the government should be working for them. Take the guns away and everyone will then know who the real boss is. The guys with the guns.