What's The Deal With This "Alternative Medicine" Crap.

Oh wait, hold the phone everyone, Joyce says these are good medicine. Ignore the reports, the data, the centuries of refinement of herbs into tested drugs we all use, the accumulated wisdom of generations, none of that matters. Joyce is healthy.

sorry if that’s harsh. You did call the other posts “horse puckie” and the commenters have “no clue”. So, anyway.

You’ve been 83 soon for a long time now on this forum. When I reach that age which I doubt I will, I’d hope never to find myself bickering on a forum, but you go girl! You keep it up until you’re happy. Other than that I have nothing left.

AKA Probably medicines I should have take 30 years ago.

[quote=“joycemartino, post:20, topic:5785”]

What a bunch of horse puckie talk here. And from all the members who have no clue.

Of course, you wouldn’t know because you do not read what other members post.

For instance;

[quote=“write4u, post:18, topic:5785”]

I go by historical use of (alternative) natural medicines. After all, about 75 % of all modern medicine is based on and refined from natural ingredients or their molecular properties.

One example is garlic, which was once listed as a medicine, because of its historical usefulness as a medicine for a host of ailments.

So, you owe me an apology. Let’s see if you have that in you.

Well, forum Mitch, since I can’t go out dancing anymore, and my walker is my constant companion due to mess hip replacement, the forums give me a lot of pleasure and I’m not bickering, that’s what you choose to call what I do, but I offer info and take it where I feel is appropriate for me life. And yes I was going on 83 and arrived there in August. bye

You think I owe you an apology, ok, I apologize, … what I’m sorry for I’m not sure. MANY have attacked alt medicine.

I’ve been using is since the 80’s and garlic has been big in my life. Grapes much bigger. Thanks Write.

1 Like

The deal is placebo and paying or otherwise engaging with someone to be nice to you.

Very good comments here.

I think the classification should be:

1. Insurance driven treatments
  2. Non insurance driven treatments.