Useful new word

Found a great word we can use. Found it playing Words With Friends.
To post a reply to a long thread on a message board without reading the entire thread first, resulting in asking or answering questions that were already answered in the thread.
Named after a poster on the TiVo Community message boards with the handle of jsmeeker who had a reputation of replying to the original poster in a long thread without reading the thread repeating what had already been posted.
Poster 1: What color is the sky?
Poster 2: The sky is blue.
Poster 3: Blue is a pretty color.
Poster 3 (smeeker): The color of the sky is blue.

Hmmm. But we also need a word for somebody who only reads the last post of a thread, and does not react on previous postings, in which critical arguments are given, and questions are asked about viewpoints she has given, effectively ending the discussion. Such a person also leaves out reading, not of a complete thread, but of parts of that thread, especially those parts she is not able to answer rationally.
A ‘lois’ is my first suggestion.

Here’s another… a “GdB”. Meaning: forum poster who acts like a dick for no reason.

Here's another... a "GdB". Meaning: forum poster who acts like a dick for no reason.
Thanks! Lois

:lol:
Why do I find other people being petty dicks to each other so funny? I must be a bad person.

Here's another... a "GdB". Meaning: forum poster who acts like a dick for no reason.
Obviously you do not follow any of the free will threads, otherwise you would know I very well have a reason.

Now, now folks. Let’s work to keep focus on the claims and arguments rather than the persons involved.

Aww… And I was getting ready for a WWE Smackdown style (computer posting edition) grudge match.
Oh, it’s just as well. Civility is the wisest course. (I read something to that effect, somewhere.)

Back to the topic. I have been a smeeker, on occasion, when jumping in on particularly long threads. So I don’t consider it completely inexcusable, though I would generally frown on it. “Smeeker” does have a rather pejorative sound to it. Glad it’s not my last name.

Back to the topic. I have been a smeeker, on occasion, when jumping in on particularly long threads. So I don't consider it completely inexcusable, though I would generally frown on it. "Smeeker" does have a rather pejorative sound to it. Glad it's not my last name.
Eveyone on CFI Forums has been a smeeker at one time or another, including GDB, who may be the worst offender. In addition, some posts are too inane to read or consider.
...including GdB, who may be the worst offender...
Now that phrase wasn't really necessary, unless you smeeked past the administrator's last post.
...including GdB, who may be the worst offender...
Now that phrase wasn't really necessary, unless you smeeked past the administrator's last post. I said "maybe". :) Lois
Obviously you do not follow any of the free will threads, otherwise you would know I very well have a reason.Im not talking about justification. I'm talking about motivation, as in wanting to put someone down like you've done. If you dislike how Lois et al respond in this forum, I suggest you participate in a tea party forum, or a fundie forum. See how discussion about professional wrestling, women's ability to stop a birth due to rape, etc. goes.

Folks, and by that I mean everyone in this thread, let’s leave behind the personal attacks and discussions of personal attacks and move on to more productive discussion.

4. MARMITE It’s yeasty. It’s salty. You love it or you hate it. And now it’s “used in reference to something that tends to arouse strongly positive or negative reactions rather than indifference."

Thanks for your useful information. I read it carefully . so many many thanks for your information.