Unfair legal system?

So the distinction has been made between Committing a crime and being Convicted. The BJS report as far as I can tell doesn’t mention that “Offending” is from Conviction rates. I’d think if it were why not just use the word “convicted”. I’d also like to see stats on ethnicity of police forces and judges. If a black judge finds a black guy guilty, is he being racist? What about if the black judge was “fair skinned black” and the criminal “dark black black”? That kind of prejudice does exist in A-A populations. That can’t be missed.
I guess one of the reasons I started this thread is because I hate discrimination of ANY KIND. And what I often (not always but often) see is a sort of double standard. Somehow it’s “the white criminals have it coming to them”, but “the black guys are just victims of racism”. If we’re against racism, then we have to be against ALL of it, including so-called reverse-discrimination.

Of course it is well documented fact that blacks commit more crime than whites.
Aren't the issues whether more blacks are wrongly convicted than whites and whether the sentences for like crimes are unfairly different? Stephen They could be, but I doubt it. If the crime rate of Jamaica was lower or the same as that of Uruguay, I would be suspicious of racism playing a major role in the US legal system. I don't know why you doubt it. I don't doubt it, there is a history of the most awful racism and it's got a lot better but I don't see why you think it's been completely eliminated. edit: oops that was highly inaccurate, you don't think racism has been completely eliminated. I mean I doubt that racism is playing as small a role as you think. Stephen
The blacks commit crime because they are poor and the black football players commit crime because they are rich. You can twist it anyway you want. I'll stick to the "raw numbers."
This is exactly what I would expect from a Czeck immigrant who lives in Canada. Raw ignorance. Race bating! Did you cull your data from more of those dime store Parlour novels about science and genetics you read George?

Are the moderators too blind to see obvious racism coming from George and Cussbert?
Hello?

Maybe you should send me to a deserted island and buy me a tractor.

That's it? A sardonic phrase? I guess that means you think my posts were silly or naive...they probably were. I suppose I should try projecting a more cold, pseudo-science based approach that is pragmatic, and controversial. I'm in need of more attention lately.......
Ok, I'll bite, what would you do on a deserted island with a tractor? Farm coconuts? Cap't Jack
And the bjs article says, "Blacks were disproportionately represented as both homicide victims and offenders. The victimization rate for blacks (27.8 per 100,000) was 6 times higher than the rate for whites (4.5 per 100,000). The offending rate for blacks (34.4 per 100,000) was almost 8 times higher than the rate for whites (4.5 per 100,000)." Of course, they get their "offending rate" from the conviction rate,
This is your opinion, and is not reflected in the data. This data doesn't deal with conviction rates. What does it mean, then, when they speak of "offending" rates? Are they only counting arrests without convictions? Arrests without convictions can hardly be called an offending rate. If it has nothing to do with convictions, what do the figures come from? Lois
Aren't the issues whether more blacks are wrongly convicted than whites and whether the sentences for like crimes are unfairly different? Stephen Yes, and I'd like to know where George got his figures that Blacks commit more crime than Whites. Lois
Yes, and I'd like to know where George got his figures that Blacks commit more crime than Whites.
I learned about it during our last KKK session.

What is the Latin for the single cause fallacy? Post hoc ergo propter hoc, I suppose; though on a literal translation that doesn’t work. Sorry to intrude, but for some reason this thread brought the question to mind.

Are the moderators too blind to see obvious racism coming from George and Cussbert? Hello?
Just a few posts before yours I wrote this: "I guess one of the reasons I started this thread is because I hate discrimination of ANY KIND. And what I often (not always but often) see is a sort of double standard. Somehow it’s “the white criminals have it coming to them", but “the black guys are just victims of racism". If we’re against racism, then we have to be against ALL of it, including so-called reverse-discrimination." Tell me how you go from that statement to "obvious racism"? The only thing I can think of is you haven't mastered English yet so somehow you're innocently missing the meaning of sentences. (And no that's not a racist comment. I speak a tiny bit of German, and if I were on a german forum I'd expect to misunderstand a fair amount of what was being posted.)
Cuthbert-Somehow it’s “the white criminals have it coming to them", but “the black guys are just victims of racism"
This is good for starters....where is this written? Where did you get these facts? Let's discuss the "somehow" factor. I am interested in what "somehow" even means. Usually when people say "somehow" it implies "it came out of thin air" or "I don't know". As in...."This car just somehow showed up in my driveway."
Aren't the issues whether more blacks are wrongly convicted than whites and whether the sentences for like crimes are unfairly different? Stephen They could be, but I doubt it. If the crime rate of Jamaica was lower or the same as that of Uruguay, I would be suspecious of racism playing a major role in the US legal system.
VYAZMA-Obviously they are refuting the grander theme here. Which is perfect for them…they can fall back and deny having provided any questionable evidence themselves. All the while using petty little tricks to plant suggestion.
Above is a little quote of mine I copied and pasted here. I used it in the Twin Towers thread to show the techniques conspiracy theorists use. It works equally well when dealing with Race Baiters. Jamaica has the 49th densest population in the world. 656 people per sq. mile. The per capita GDP is $5402 Uruguay has the 196th most densest population in the world. 48 people per sq. mile. The per capita GDP is $16,607. Now George, I beg you to argue that these are not major contributors to crime rates! Please humor me. Or maybe Blacks have inferior genes like you have suggested in the past...you racist!

Hmm, I wouldn’t call them inferior. Maybe adapted to more violent behaviour? And speaking of genes, they seem to be doing just fine. After all, their fertility is much higher than Uruguay’s.

Hmm, I wouldn't call them inferior. Maybe adapted to more violent behaviour? And speaking of genes, they seem to be doing just fine. After all, their fertility is much higher than Uruguay's.
Excellent! :lol: Thank you.

And your theory regarding population density is nonsense not worth replying to. Sorry.

High population density would likely set the stage for more opportunities for criminal behavior. Also, it could provide greater stressors and competition for resources. This could also set the stage for a higher incidence of criminal behavior.
As far as the original point in this thread, about white collar criminals in prison being mostly white rather than black, you would need to consider the percentage of persons of white collar status who are white vs. black, to make a relevant point as to whether incarceration rates are equitable.

I refuse to go down that rabbit hole after George again. It is a worse than useless exercise in futility. >:(

Maybe the moderators should close this thread. The kiddies here (VYAZMA and maybe George - unless he’s just playing devils advocate) evidently can’t seem to have an adult conversation about a serious topic.