Trump wants to shut down the Internet

Donald Trump said he would ‘close the Internet’
By brooklynbadboy
2016/07/22
I want to remind people of Donald Trump’s words and what it means in the larger context of what is at stake in this election. This is from December of last year:
"We’re losing a lot of people because of the Internet and we have to do something. We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what’s happening. We have to talk to them, maybe in certain areas closing that Internet up in some way. … "
What Donald Trump is saying here is that he would be willing to use Federal power to order the private companies that own and control most of the basic infrastructure to curb free speech in the name of security. He is being very explicit here about what he believes are the scope of the power of presidency, which is essentially limitless. This is not unusual in right wing populist circles, but I want to take a few moments to place it in a broader context.

Donald Trump said he would 'close the Internet' By brooklynbadboy 2016/07/22 I want to remind people of Donald Trump's words and what it means in the larger context of what is at stake in this election. This is from December of last year: "We're losing a lot of people because of the Internet and we have to do something. We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. We have to talk to them, maybe in certain areas closing that Internet up in some way. ... " What Donald Trump is saying here is that he would be willing to use Federal power to order the private companies that own and control most of the basic infrastructure to curb free speech in the name of security. He is being very explicit here about what he believes are the scope of the power of presidency, which is essentially limitless. This is not unusual in right wing populist circles, but I want to take a few moments to place it in a broader context. http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/7/22/1550852/-Donald-Trump-said-he-would-close-the-Internet -- -- --
Mr Trump laid out a rough plan for stopping the influence of Isis. "We're losing a lot of people because of the internet," Trump said. "We have to see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. “We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that internet up in some ways. Political talk, nothing to worry about. Other countries do banding all the time. For example I was band from China’s internet for talking about the man-made islands. I brought up the point that China’s claim using ancestral rights don’t hold water. In US Supreme court cases for ancestral debt owed to United State bondholders China claimed they were a new nation and therefore not liable for ancestral debt or treaties. If that was true then China should have no claim for the reefs or any of the water rights in that area. Israel did the same thing to me when they were coming out with the Patriot missiles. I ask if any studies had been done on use the Patriot missiles to defend against “dirty bombs". What would the effect be of blowing up a nuclear dirty bomb over Israel as opposed to letting the bomb hit the ground? I don’t think Trump is too far out of line here.

Political talk is worth worrying about. Trump has called Mexicans rapists and thieves, hinted he’d default on art of the national debt, denies global warming, and asked Russia to hack Hillary Clinton’s emails. He is a fear-mongering narcissist. Dismissing this as “political talk” is naive at best. Words have consequences, and Trump’s rhetoric is dangerous.

I have also been “band” by China. I haven’t checked in a long time and don’t remember the site you can do that. I’m sure it was the “religious” part of the title of my blog.
The reference to Bill Gates just cracks me up. He thinks, mmm, computers, ah, Bill Gates, get him on it. Trump lives in a cartoon world where there is one New York and the rest of the world where they have corn fields or something, where is one person at the head of the opposition party and they are evil, where someone with a disability of any kind is also unable to have a regular job like being a reporter.
I don’t care how hard it is for you to hold your nose and vote against your conscious or whatever you call it, but don’t let him win.

I have also been "band" by China. I haven't checked in a long time and don't remember the site you can do that. I'm sure it was the "religious" part of the title of my blog. The reference to Bill Gates just cracks me up. He thinks, mmm, computers, ah, Bill Gates, get him on it. Trump lives in a cartoon world where there is one New York and the rest of the world where they have corn fields or something, where is one person at the head of the opposition party and they are evil, where someone with a disability of any kind is also unable to have a regular job like being a reporter. I don't care how hard it is for you to hold your nose and vote against your conscious or whatever you call it, but don't let him win.
Remember Regan. President Regan could not even get reports with correct data from the government departments. So, President Regan turned to his friends in business for help. It changed the whole Cold War policies from what our government was wanting President Regan to do. Myself, I think it is great Trump will use sources other than the government to look at government policies. And, it is not that Bill Gates knows the answers, it is that Mr. Gates has the resources to find the answers and Trump can trust his data.
I have also been "band" by China. I haven't checked in a long time and don't remember the site you can do that. I'm sure it was the "religious" part of the title of my blog. The reference to Bill Gates just cracks me up. He thinks, mmm, computers, ah, Bill Gates, get him on it. Trump lives in a cartoon world where there is one New York and the rest of the world where they have corn fields or something, where is one person at the head of the opposition party and they are evil, where someone with a disability of any kind is also unable to have a regular job like being a reporter. I don't care how hard it is for you to hold your nose and vote against your conscious or whatever you call it, but don't let him win.
Remember Regan. President Regan could not even get reports with correct data from the government departments. So, President Regan turned to his friends in business for help. It changed the whole Cold War policies from what our government was wanting President Regan to do. Myself, I think it is great Trump will use sources other than the government to look at government policies. And, it is not that Bill Gates knows the answers, it is that Mr. Gates has the resources to find the answers and Trump can trust his data. Government works with business all the time. Reagan didn't invent that. This naive notion that there is some kind of wall between the government and business is just plain silly. Like Mike.
Remember Regan. President Regan could not even get reports with correct data from the government departments. So, President Regan turned to his friends in business for help. It changed the whole Cold War policies from what our government was wanting President Regan to do. Myself, I think it is great Trump will use sources other than the government to look at government policies. And, it is not that Bill Gates knows the answers, it is that Mr. Gates has the resources to find the answers and Trump can trust his data. Government works with business all the time. Reagan didn't invent that. This naive notion that there is some kind of wall between the government and business is just plain silly. Like Mike. Of course the government works with business. That was not the issue. What I said was the government was supplying the President with bad or inaccurate data and the President had to rely on none-governmental data to form national policies. And those policies from data supplied by none governmental businesses changed the direction of the Cold War. Today we have not gotten all the answers about the IRS and what actions they did that may have changed the outcome of the Presidency. The government hasn’t acknowledged or prosecuted anyone in the government for the political Coup against the opposing party. Yet, all I see on this website is this haltered for Trump because of his personality and being a Republican. It is very obvious that the Democrats need to be knocked down and brought back to reality. I agree that Trump will set the nation back. And it will bring Christian values back into play that will take decades to repeal. But the Democrats have no one to blame but themselves for being dishonest and endorsing the crooked actions that have taken place.