To prevent mass shooting

Player, the question should be: “Did YOU watch Yannis’s video?”

(Yannis is also spelled Ioannis.)

You seem to have a major bug up your butt about Capitalism. But then you posted the Yannis video. Yannis is a strong proponent of Capitalism. He also recognizes that Capitalism will inevitably go off track if not held in check. He does NOT propose an end to Capitalism. He proposes that strong progressives effectively defend against the dysfunctions of capitalism that will arise unless held in check. But not by Ending Capitalism. LISTEN TO his 1st 2 sentences in the video. Capitalism is great.

I think you need some serious but basic sophistication in your political/economic stances. As of now you seem to me to be a toddler, perpetually pissed off that you are not getting what you think you want, when you don’t have a clue as to what that really is.

Write4U, the Black Carnegie Hall soundtrack was funny! I especially laughed about his conjecture of how a priest might come up with the appropriate penance for different sins, with the sin that popped into his mind as a “for instance” being: what if you fu@ked a monkey.

Yeah great for who is the question

Write4U, the Black Carnegie Hall soundtrack was funny! I especially laughed about his conjecture of how a priest might come up with the appropriate penance for different sins, with the sin that popped into his mind as a “for instance” being: what if you fu@ked a monkey
You just can't marry a snapping turtle! It's not right!

“Capitalism is a remarkable system. On the one hand, it produces remarkable wealth and fantastic technologies, by which to create more wealth…”

Keep going. Finish the sentence

The problem is that you ONLY pay attention to the rest of the sentence.

The sweet spot in capitalism is maintaining the remarkable wealth and fantastic technologies development, while preventing the inevitable abuses.

Your simplistic orientation seems to be “throw the baby out with the dirty bathwater”. That would lead, eventually, to no babies, or maybe all dirty babies who never get a bath.

The aim should be to keep the clean babies and get rid of the dirty bathwater.

Why wont you give the whole sentence? Something to hide?? Doesn’t suit your narrative??

The part that doesn’t fit players narrative is “on the one hand”

Right. He wants the narrative to be “Capitalism is evil and must be overthrown.” The righties want the narrative to be “Capitalism has been undermined by the left but we can save you.” (All the while only making capitalism worse and driving us toward fascism.)

But we progressives no longer have the luxury of screwing up the real narrative. Which is “we need the power of capitalism, but must not allow its abuses of exploitation and wealth disparity and injustice and environmental destruction to continue.”

Which is “we need the power of capitalism, but must not allow its abuses of exploitation and wealth disparity and injustice and environmental destruction to continue.”
I disagree, nothing else in nature needs the power of capitalism. All that is required "sufficiency where there is necessity", no more no less.

All other non-symbiotic behavior becomes parasitic and results in the eventual death of the host. In the case of human parasitism, the Earth itself becomes the dead victim.