The shroud of turin

Until recently the shroud was a proven hoax. case closed, but it isn’t closed. The dating was flawed as even the daters say. Even as a medieval hoax, we do not know how it was done and we cannot replicate it - many have tried.
Some links for the interested:
Wikipedia has a good alround summary: Shroud of Turin - Wikipedia
Shroud.com is a good site on it. It is worth reading the debunking page: Debunking The Shroud: Made by Human Hands
The C14 dating: http://www.innoval.com/C14/
What do you think?

This may be an important issue for some but for others it offers no interest whatsoever. Yes, there are still unanswered questions and the likelihood of it being traced to a single individual seems very remote.
The biggest questions are would it really change anything if it was “authenticated” and will it prove anything beyond the fact that it belonged to someone who died (tests haven’t even established a gender).

It was my understanding that the shroud had been duplicated, notably by Joe Nickel, and that the bas-relief technique he used was well known in the middle ages. It doesn’t surprise me that the believers in the shroud refuse to call the case “closed”. Believers in the paranormal never let the facts stand in the way of a good story.

Let’s say, for the sake of argument, that the Shroud of Turin Is proven to be thae burial cloth of the figure known in the New Testament as Jesus. What next? What will happen? What will change. It won’t prove that Jesus was the “son of god” or anything supernatural, and not just an ordinary man. It wouldn’t prove he was resurrected. It wouldn’t prove that Jesus was divine. I doubt that anyome who’s not a Christian is going to become a Christian because it’s been shown to be the genuine shroud of the man, Jesus. It could send some people into paroxisms of Christian belief, but many things have done that. In practical terms, what will it mean?
Lois

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the Shroud of Turin Is proven to be thae burial cloth of the figure known in the New Testament as Jesus. What next? What will happen? What will change. It won't prove that Jesus was the "son of god" or anything supernatural, and not just an ordinary man. It wouldn't prove he was resurrected. It wouldn't prove that Jesus was divine. I doubt that anyome who's not a Christian is going to become a Christian because it's been shown to be the genuine shroud of the man, Jesus. It could send some people into paroxisms of Christian belief, but many things have done that. In practical terms, what will it mean? Lois
If I understand correctly, the shroud proponents claim that the image was created by an extraordinary, supernatural phenomenon associated with the resurrection of Jesus' body. So if they can prove that it was in fact created by this extraordinary process, it would definitely be significant.