The Letter documentary

Just say down with my evening snack and caught a few minutes of this on PBS (it’s pledge time).

Not endorsing the Pope, but, interesting still. And attempt to bring the faithful into the fight for the earth

1 Like

I never understood why christians were so against taking care of the planet. You’d think they’d think Hey God gave us this incredible home, we should protect it with our lives. Then again, true to religion, the same thing can be taken to mean exact opposites - Hey God gave us this incredible home in order to do with it whatever we want, rape and pillage it as we see fit. (I think this was what that awful Ann Coulter expressed).

What is the meaning of dominion? - SJV Kirkland.

Listened to 2 chapters. Lots of brief statements without depth, but good stuff. He addresses economic issues too, saying the orgs that comment on what we should are often removed from an experience of the poor, so they only get mentioned in passing.

I don’t remember the words exactly but he addresses being stewards of the planet, not using it like it belongs only to humans.