The Day the Music Burned

Into the Dream

An exercise in expectation by the brain.

Mongolian Throat singing

Dave Brubeck covers The Stranglers “Golden Brown” … kind of … not really (read the notes on the video)

1 Like

And to see the world of modern jazz/fusion here is a masterful guide to take you on a tour

And “Facing West”

Another gem by Paul Simon

I ran across this album while tooling around Peter Gabriel / Laurie Anderson 's, etc “World Music” phase.
WOMAD
World Of Musicians, Artists and Dancers

I was looking for a specific U2 song, and happened upon this list. Pretty comprehensive. I had not heard of the “They Might Be Giants” songs, or the “Red Hot Chili Peppers”, Baba Brinkman sounds interesting, I thought I knew every Steely Dan song, but apparently not. Roy Zimmerman is a lesser-known guy with a lot of talent. I never thought of Holly Near as atheist. I have a Shelly Segal collection.

This one is good: "I Am A Humanist" - YouTube

I’ve likes this one for a long time now: I ain't afraid - YouTube

Dan Barker has some good songs too.

Neighbourhood Atheists isn’t one of them I listen too, a lot. My favourite of his is “The Battler Between Church and State”. He also has a couple more on here too:

Where have all the flowers gone?

[Joan Baez - Where Have All The Flowers Gone - YouTube]

War: a massacre of people who don’t know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don’t massacre each other.

by Paul Valery, a French thinker who said after WWI : " We modern civilizations have learned to recognize that we are mortal like the others."

[Paul Valery, "Disillusionment" (1919/1922)]

1 Like

This may be an interesting diversion

And on a different note: Coming to a venue near me!

I’ve seen them before.
They reproduce old Genesis concerts down to the images, costumes and instruments!

(the image shows “2020”, but they’re back at it!)

Here’s one by Barbra Streisand:

1 Like

I happenstanced across this album in the early 90’s and bootlegged it because I couldn’t find it anywhere.

I wish I would have kept that cassette tape.

I found it on ebay tonight and purchased it.

This is the first track:

I need to look further into Frisell … (Did he collab with Jon Hassel?)

Great song from 1982 by Nicole Seibert called “Butterfly

It was only released in the UK and didn’t chart, but it’s completely awesome. :slight_smile:

OK.
I won’t distract another thread with my musings, but …

I don’t blame you. I’m a U.S. citizen and I’m afraid of Americans.

A little throwback to the good old days of swinging blues.

Some music has changed for me due to other media. One song in particular is “Magic Carpet Ride” I will always see the movie Team America in my mind when I hear it and those dancing puppets will get me laughing so it not all bad. They are starting to rehash lots of great songs even in commercials which i think takes away from the music.

For me, it’s Star Trek: Next Generation movie First Contact. They played “Magic Carpet Ride” in that one too.

1 Like