Story of God, Morgan Freeman

My greatest interest right now is the time period from 1700 BC to 1300 BC.
Then start your own thread
You got to be kidding. People look at history in the same way they look at religion, more weight is given to belief than facts.
You got to be kidding. People look at history in the same way they look at religion, more weight is given to belief than facts. No, he isn't kidding. You're highjacking this thread.
You got to be kidding. People look at history in the same way they look at religion, more weight is given to belief than facts. No, he isn't kidding. You're highjacking this thread. I’m sorry, go ahead and make your next post about Morgan Freeman and the Story of God.

Looks like they are putting them up now. I found at least 6 episodes]
They move a little bit slow sometimes, but the two episodes I’ve seen connect a theme across centuries. I’ve been a Morgan Freeman fan since the Electric Company, so I can’t get enough of that.

I like Morgan Freeman too. I watched a couple of the episodes, that’s all I had time for right now. By the way, thanks for posting the link. I think it will help a lot of people.
I got to say I was very disappointed about the Tutankhamun data in the part they claimed Akhenaten thought there were too many gods and closed a lot of temples. That is not being proven by today’s findings as the reason for closing those temples. In Memphis for example he built temples of gods of other countries. And yes I do agree about the monolithic god part, as one main god. But I think they missed the target of new thinking as of why. It sort of set the tempo for how far into the logical history of God that Freeman was willing to go.

I didn’t notice that, since I didn’t know that history. Or, let’s say, I haven’t heard that history.
I did notice one very subtle turn of phrase. When they went to Jerusalem and saw the Wailing Wall, the Al-Aqsa and Dome of the Rock, Freeman talked about the god who didn’t need a place. He said, there were many temples built, and in 70 AD the Romans destroyed the Temple in Jerusalem. He cleverly avoided saying anything specific about the earlier, so-called 1st Temple, the one in the Old Testament. Its existence is not proven and the religious leaders protect the supposed spot for it from archaeologists.

Annnnnd, they’re down again. Removed. “EternallyProfound” went to a lot of trouble, but got caught.

Back up again. Different YouTube user.] I watched #5 on the problem of evil. It wasn’t the best. He interviewed a couple criminals. I’ll be binge watching the rest before they get taken down again. The video was reversed and the audio was slowed down just slightly, but it was watchable.

No biggie on the link. There is even a worse one that is an advertisement for some sort of "free TV" website. It has the title of this program on it, but if you click on it, it has some annoying graphics and a message about clicking the link in the description. I also meant that you were wrong in your assessment of the program. Although it's true that even PBS has done that, this is definitely an open minded exploration of all religions. I first heard about it in an interview on "Life After God" podcast, with one of the filmmakers. I'll guess I'll have to wait for the DVD, or whatever they offer after the season is over. I think it's just a one short season thing.
Product Details Story of God with Morgan Freeman, The Season 12016 CC Amazon Video $2.99 - $14.99Buy episodes or Buy TV Season Pass 4.1 out of 5 stars 28 Amazon Video:See all items

Saw on the news today that Nat Geo is going for another year with Morgan.

Saw the first four episodes. Found it mostly shallow and perfectly tuned to the boring bandwidth of political correctness. Not interested in watching more of the same.

Saw the first four episodes. Found it mostly shallow and perfectly tuned to the boring bandwidth of political correctness. Not interested in watching more of the same.
What "story of God" would you like to see told?
What "story of God" would you like to see told? I'd like to see the story of the destructive and supremely cruel god that humans have created, with no holds barred.
What "story of God" would you like to see told? I'd like to see the story of the destructive and supremely cruel god that humans have created, with no holds barred. One of the episodes is on the problem of evil. He gets backstage with Joel Osteen. Does not make him look good.