Stop being the "Stupid Party"

Did you guys see this? Governor Bobby Jindal wants Republicans to “stop being the stupid party”! I saw this on the TV while I was waiting to get my cholesterol tested and I just started snickering like mad. Everybody was looking at me. What? Isn’t this the same Bobby Jindal who supported Creationism being taught in schools?

I expect he’s talking about the stupid use of rhetoric rather than actual stupidity of false reasoning or false beliefs. Basically, he’s saying that the Republicans would be better served by packaging their stupidity with a prettier bow, or by putting prettier lipstick on the pig.

I expect he's talking about the stupid use of rhetoric rather than actual stupidity of false reasoning or false beliefs. Basically, he's saying that the Republicans would be better served by packaging their stupidity with a prettier bow, or by putting prettier lipstick on the pig.
That's a great way to put it. They know they're gonners demographic and ideology wise. So they can choose either getting not stupid, or staying stupid with a prettier bow like you said. My guess is they're too stupid to even realize how stupid and on the wrong side of history they are.

Jindal’s referring to the off the wall quotes by the candidates such as the rape scenerio and how evolution originated in the pit of hell BS by Broun. The reps. Say they’re doing an about face on social issues and sticking to fiscal and governmental policies as they were smoked in the last election. They are going after the immigrant vote especially but what is a real howler is that they publically stated they weren’t backing down on their bedrock policies such as gay marriage and Roe v. Wade. You wonder how many more millions they will waste in the next election. More importantly how they plan to rig it in their favor by going to direct election, which may actually work against them in the long run.
Cap’t Jack

Did you guys see this? Governor Bobby Jindal wants Republicans to "stop being the stupid party"! I saw this on the TV while I was waiting to get my cholesterol tested and I just started snickering like mad. Everybody was looking at me. What? Isn't this the same Bobby Jindal who supported Creationism being taught in schools? http://in.news.yahoo.com/stop-being-stupid-bobby-jindal-fellow-republicans-062002296.html
I know what you mean. I couldn't stop laughing (at him)!
I know what you mean. I couldn’t stop laughing (at him)!
This next election will be a real hoot. All those wacadoos want to run and Rand Paul thinks he has the best chance of being prez. If you saw his performance at the Bengazi hearing and Hilary's WTF response to his question you would have howled. Paul, incidentally backed by the Klan, threw out an off the wall question about the gov't funneling arms through Turkey. Info he gleaned from a Glenn Beck blackboard rant! And he admitted that he had no proof! Now the reps. Are hunkered down in a retreat planning their next fiasco; how to steal the 2016 election. Cap't Jack

Krugman responds …]

January 26, 2013, 10:46 am Populism, Republican Style The recent speech by Bobby Jindal, Louisiana’s governor, has drawn a fair bit of attention. Conservatives would have you believe that it marks the start of real GOP reform; but the reality, as Andy Rosenthal says, is that Jindal wants to change the jingle in the commercial without changing the product. ...
I know what you mean. I couldn’t stop laughing (at him)!
This next election will be a real hoot. All those wacadoos want to run and Rand Paul thinks he has the best chance of being prez. If you saw his performance at the Bengazi hearing and Hilary's WTF response to his question you would have howled. Paul, incidentally backed by the Klan, threw out an off the wall question about the gov't funneling arms through Turkey. Info he gleaned from a Glenn Beck blackboard rant! And he admitted that he had no proof! Now the reps. Are hunkered down in a retreat planning their next fiasco; how to steal the 2016 election. Cap't Jack
I was wondering where the heck THAT came from!
Krugman responds ...]
January 26, 2013, 10:46 am Populism, Republican Style The recent speech by Bobby Jindal, Louisiana’s governor, has drawn a fair bit of attention. Conservatives would have you believe that it marks the start of real GOP reform; but the reality, as Andy Rosenthal says, is that Jindal wants to change the jingle in the commercial without changing the product. ...
Krugman missed the part about funding religious schools and teaching creationinst 'science' in the schools, AND trying to remove from their Board of Education, the ability to choose books for the schools.
I was wondering where the heck THAT came from!
Literally plucked from the fertile mind of Glenn, the troll Beck. Apparently Rand is playing to his constituents in bum fu.. and posturing to his teabaggers buddies who came to D.C. To unravel it. What really blows my mind is the thought that these people spent millions of dollars to become part of a system that they want to destroy. Paul even likens himself to the Clays, Henry and Cassius, and here's the hypocrisy; Cassius was a flaming abolitionist who completely backed the 14th Amendment. You know, the one ole' Rand wanted to dismantle. And if you don't believe that he is backed by the Klan then go to David Duke's web site. Also, Henry was known for COMPROMISE!!! He was even known as the Great Compromiser. Rand and his buddies refuse to compromise on ANY position. Cay kept the country together for 30 years before the War. Rand and McConnell are an embarrassment to Kentucky. Cap't Jack