Slovak Neo-nazis and sand from Sahara

During last years happened that wind carried sand from Sahara to Slovakia. Most people noticed that their cars are covered by thin layer of yellow dust.
Redirecting...;
Satirist portal “Zomri” is making fun of a members of LSNS (a neo-nazi party in Slovakia) who published on their FB that they found out that the Sahara sand is reacting on magnets, and they are taking samples to be analyzed in the laboratory, because it can cause “unknown pollution”.
I knew that nazis were into fake science, but this is something different :slight_smile:

During last years happened that wind carried sand from Sahara to Slovakia. Most people noticed that their cars are covered by thin layer of yellow dust. https://www.facebook.com/zomriofficial/photos/a.1831445523801369.1073741833.1729940727285183/2070092873269965/?type=3&theater; Satirist portal "Zomri" is making fun of a members of LSNS (a neo-nazi party in Slovakia) who published on their FB that they found out that the Sahara sand is reacting on magnets, and they are taking samples to be analyzed in the laboratory, because it can cause "unknown pollution". I knew that nazis were into fake science, but this is something different :)
Too bad I can't read Slovak, or whatever it is that was written in. I poked around a little and found a video of a guy supposedly running a magnet under his window and pulling sand around. Though if it were really magnetic, I would imagine a good powerful magnet would create those magnetic force lines. That would have been an impressive demonstration. Then I poked around a little for Magnetic Sahara Sand, didn't see much, but quickly got sidetracked by the fascinating formation called the "Eye of the Sahara"] which I was not familiar with. There I found this: "Northwest of the eye is with Kediet ej Jill Mountain, Mauritania's highest peak (nearly 1000 meters). The mountain has a large concentration of magnetite, giving it a blueish tinge and totally messing up magnetic surveys and navigation nearby. The western Sahara fills the north. ..." Half the mystery solved, well at least my suspicion that the Sahara Sand probably carries magnetized minerals with it. Surprise, surprise. But I guess it helps to have a little geologic background to understand magnetic rocks, sand and dust does exist, no matter that sinister forces have figured out how to use it to their advantage.

Something different like what?
People being clueless about this planet that created and sustains them?

Something different like what? People being clueless about this planet that created and sustains them?
I could not confirm that the sand is from the magnetite mountain/area, but of course its possible, as in Slovakia are prevalent south-western winds. There are multiple magnetite formations around the world, and when erosion grinds whole mountains into dust, there is little to no reason to change its magnetic properties. Translation from the picturel: "Last days was Slovakia covered with a dust. Media reported that it should be a particles of sand from Sahara. The problem started when we moved a magnet near the dust. The dust reacted to magnet. Therefore there is question what in fact was contained in the dust, which polluted whole Slovakia? To found out the truth we took multiple samples and sent them to analysis. We will report about the results." "Different" ... Those poor guys usually believe in chemtrails, support antivaxxer movement, support our exit from EU. If you would suggest to them, its a conspiracy by George Soros, they would immediatelly agree.
Something different like what? People being clueless about this planet that created and sustains them?
I could not confirm that the sand is from the magnetite mountain/area, but of course its possible, as in Slovakia are prevalent south-western winds. There are multiple magnetite formations around the world, and when erosion grinds whole mountains into dust, there is little to no reason to change its magnetic properties. Translation from the picturel: "Last days was Slovakia covered with a dust. Media reported that it should be a particles of sand from Sahara. The problem started when we moved a magnet near the dust. The dust reacted to magnet. Therefore there is question what in fact was contained in the dust, which polluted whole Slovakia? To found out the truth we took multiple samples and sent them to analysis. We will report about the results." "Different" ... Those poor guys usually believe in chemtrails, support antivaxxer movement, support our exit from EU. If you would suggest to them, its a conspiracy by George Soros, they would immediatelly agree. Agreed, I did not prove it was from that particular 'Eye of the Sahara' formation, or even that it was magnetite - though if anyone took the time to analyze it. That would give conclusive answer. Guess, my main point was that it took all of a minute or two to find very plausible explanation not needing conspiracy ideation and such. Ah and then the chemtrails - jet plans are spewing them out by the ton all the time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si4WG7TW70U
there is little to no reason to change its magnetic properties.
True enough. Let us know if you hear about the results of the dust analysis. Oh here's a pretty fascinating video that adds some perspective, Atmospheric Aerosol Eddies and Flows | NASA GSFC Space Science Full HD Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_DXtWY5ovU

Well, planes make traces in the air. its a mix of condensated steam and exhaus from the plane. But thats it.
There is a claim that planes are spreading dangerous chemicals, which aim to alter thinking. PPl form that webpage i posted even posted a photo from plane known as “Vomit comet” which is used to simulate zero gravity, claiming that some devices on board are the tanks filled with that dangerous substance. Thats why they are putting the sahara sand to analysis "D

§

Well, planes make traces in the air. its a mix of condensated steam and exhaus from the plane. But thats it. There is a claim that planes are spreading dangerous chemicals, which aim to alter thinking. PPl form that webpage i posted even posted a photo from plane known as "Vomit comet" which is used to simulate zero gravity, claiming that some devices on board are the tanks filled with that dangerous substance. Thats why they are putting the sahara sand to analysis "D
Be fun to find out what they find and how the despots will use it to control our minds. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/00022470.1968.10469144 Skim down a couple pages, you'll see the exhaust isn't quite as benign as those words. yipes and now that I'm looking, check it out: (oh and lets not forget boat contrails, have the freaksters struck on that one yet?
Plane Exhaust Kills More People Than Plane Crashes Toxic pollutants kill at least ten thousand annually, study says. Most of these deaths are caused not by flights over India but from emissions in Europe and North America at high altitude, which then blow across Asia, according to the study, published in the October issue of Environmental Science & Technology. Airplane pollution deaths still represent a small share of the toll from all kinds of air pollution. Emissions from ships, for instance, kill an estimated 60,000 people a year, according to a 2007 study also published in Environmental Science & Technology. (https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/10/101005-planes-pollution-deaths-science-environment/)
Just sayin, in a round about sort of way, there's plenty of serious shit to worry about, without going to extremes. The giant magnets that organize all the airborne aluminum and control our minds, is that how it goes? ;-P

Its well known that exhaust from engines are anything but healthy. Because planes use them, it does not makes it a conspiracy.

Its well known that exhaust from engines are anything but healthy. Because planes use them, it does not makes it a conspiracy.
Blurring the lines between pollution, something we know about and know is a consequence of modern life, and mind control chemicals, something that is extremely unlikely and has no real evidence, is exactly what conspiracy theorists do. Have you ever watched their "educational" videos? They show you real websites with real science or real documents where something like seeding clouds to make it rain was done experimentally, then they switch to a picture of a sky full of airplane exhaust. This is considered proof.
Blurring the lines between pollution, something we know about and know is a consequence of modern life, and mind control chemicals, something that is extremely unlikely and has no real evidence, is exactly what conspiracy theorists do. Have you ever watched their "educational" videos? They show you real websites with real science or real documents where something like seeding clouds to make it rain was done experimentally, then they switch to a picture of a sky full of airplane exhaust. This is considered proof. Making a valid point and then switching for false context. Its known to me and its usually the point when i start to frown and start asking "disruptive" questions :). Thats usually when i point out to someone is intentionally attempting to make a link between two phenomenons without providing real proof for that. Its a polite way how to say "no, you are most likely lying".
I agree. Let's be clear I've said nothing about a dark conspiracy. I just get a kick out of the term "chemtrails" - Yup, there are chemicals in them contrails. So what else is new? But okay, lets take it back to your OP,
I knew that nazis were into fake science, but this is something different :)
So what were you thinking is "different" about it?

To put it mildly… Members and supporters of that political party are usually not very bright :slight_smile: