Ricky Gervais on being an atheist: ‘It’s just the supernatural thing I don’t buy’

He’s right! It’s hard to disagree with him on any point.
LL
Ricky Gervais on being an atheist: ‘It’s just the supernatural thing I don’t buy’
In an interview with the New York Daily News to promote the one-hour series finale of his television show “Derek," comedian Ricky Gervais discussed his atheism, saying he has a problem with the “supernatural thing."
The controversial television star who famously tweeted, “Everyone has the right to believe anything they want. And everyone else has the right to find it fucking ridiculous," explained that he grew up loving Jesus.
“Listen I loved Jesus growing up," Gervais said. “He was a kind man who cared about the poor and stuck up for them, all that. It’s just the supernatural thing I don’t buy. He’s a great role model."
Gervais attitude towards atheists seemed to mirror that of fellow comedian Patton Oswalt who recently railed against angry off-putting atheists, saying “being an atheist means you don’t give a fuck about what anyone believes in."
Gervais said, “I think people think ‘atheist’ means you’re this angry militant who runs into churches and says, ‘All of you are going to die, stop this!’ I like Christmas, I like carols. I just don’t believe there’s a God. That’s all there is to it."
Gervais explained that what he does believe in is the right to euthanasia, and complained about those who oppose it for others based upon their own religious convictions.
“I’m all for dignity in dying," he said. “I think if someone’s just had enough, there’s no hope and they’re in pain…I don’t know how anyone could oppose someone’s choice and right over whether they continue living or not. There’s so many misunderstandings about it and I don’t understand the anger that people don’t understand that this is beautiful and merciful and right."
“I re-tweeted this awful thing, this religious thing — ‘If you euthanize someone in terrible agony, it’s deprived them of the privilege of the grace of God to suffer’ — and I just think what a twisted evil, thought process that is," he lamented. “To impose your beliefs on another human being in terrible pain and suffering and agony and trauma, and you’re telling them that it’s cowardly not to live through that hopelessness and fear and pain — it disgusts me."
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/ricky-gervais-on-being-an-atheist-its-just-the-supernatural-thing-i-dont-buy/