Question

Modern life could not have come into existence without the accumulated knowledge base of the sciences. In the 20th century, life expectancy increased more than 30 years in countries whose cultures have been dominated by the scientific method for truth determination. Those countries whose cultures are still dominated by religion, superstition and magical thinking remain mired in archaic thought patterns. Now we ask, “What have the monotheistic religions contributed to our knowledge base and the increase in the quality of our lives in the last century?” Write your answer in here → ▢.
Rodney Sheffer

In the US. the Civil Rights Movement.

Gary…in the last century. 1900-1999. I wouldn’t say much. Maybe a little for Civil Rights. Other than that…charity. Community.
Of course in the 17th and 18th century it’s a totally different story.

Vyazma.
You think the the nid 20th century Civil Rights Movement not important or do you think it was not based ti the Black Churches?

Vyazma. You think the the nid 20th century Civil Rights Movement not important or do you think it was not based ti the Black Churches?
I think the mid 20th cent. Civil Rights movement was maybe the most important. Certainly my favorite anyways. I think it was based on Black Churches for sure. But...I think there was also alot of secular impetus behind the movement. At least proportionately compared to the 19th cent. Which was almost exclusively religious.

Within Christianity, some people don’t take the Bible literally; rather, they just take the overall message of love that they think Jesus represented. These people probably make a lot of positive contributions to society and those in their lives without all the dogma and supernatural.