Problems with Medical System

https://www.sireninteractive.com/sirensong/in-need-of-diagnosis-help-for-challenging-cases/
This one is about the medical system. There is a growing tendency of people suffering from health problems that are not diagnosed or treated by the medical system. People wait long periods of time to be diagnosed with health problems and often do not get the treatment they need. Patients are often told that there is “no cure" for the health problem they are experiencing. Thus they face a life of chronic illness. I wanted to post about this because it is a major source of stagnation in this society. I think raising awareness about this matter would help bring about an effective resolution.
When people are not diagnosed with any health problem they cannot receive disability. There is also a tendency from doctors to diagnose chronically ill patients as being “mentally ill" even if they do not have mental health problems. This is an area where alternative medicine and conventional medicine are not meeting the needs of the patient. When people are burdened by nagging health problems they often lose their jobs, their homes, and experience alienation from friends and family. Generally this situation prevents people from controlling their own lives and determining their own destiny. I have not seen this issue addressed in any public forum.
Doctors do practice science however there is a need for something groundbreaking and fulfilling to address this pressing social problem. The medical system is generally too bureaucratic, too hierarchial and old fashioned. Many hospitals are controlled by religious organizations. It is not assumed that patients have autonomy over their own bodies and in my experience you feel that you must “submit" to the medical system in order to have your health problems resolved. Medical information is kept hidden from the public and much of what is available online is “miracle cures."
Has anyone had similar experiences with the medical system?

I read in the news where in Australia they are testing computer diagnoses against human doctors. The computers are better at finding the rare problems. Australia is also predicting the patient’s mortality could be predicted by using computer analysis.
The system we have are just as much insurance and legal driven as medical. Big changes are needed.

https://www.sireninteractive.com/sirensong/in-need-of-diagnosis-help-for-challenging-cases/ This one is about the medical system. There is a growing tendency of people suffering from health problems that are not diagnosed or treated by the medical system. People wait long periods of time to be diagnosed with health problems and often do not get the treatment they need. Patients are often told that there is “no cure" for the health problem they are experiencing. Thus they face a life of chronic illness. I wanted to post about this because it is a major source of stagnation in this society. I think raising awareness about this matter would help bring about an effective resolution. When people are not diagnosed with any health problem they cannot receive disability. There is also a tendency from doctors to diagnose chronically ill patients as being “mentally ill" even if they do not have mental health problems. This is an area where alternative medicine and conventional medicine are not meeting the needs of the patient. When people are burdened by nagging health problems they often lose their jobs, their homes, and experience alienation from friends and family. Generally this situation prevents people from controlling their own lives and determining their own destiny. I have not seen this issue addressed in any public forum. Doctors do practice science however there is a need for something groundbreaking and fulfilling to address this pressing social problem. The medical system is generally too bureaucratic, too hierarchial and old fashioned. Many hospitals are controlled by religious organizations. It is not assumed that patients have autonomy over their own bodies and in my experience you feel that you must “submit" to the medical system in order to have your health problems resolved. Medical information is kept hidden from the public and much of what is available online is “miracle cures." Has anyone had similar experiences with the medical system?
I think everyone does. We are faced with a monolith, and unless we are multi millionaires, our choices are to accede to their demands or go without treatment altogether. People need advocates and we will never get them as long as profitmaking is the watchword in the medical system and profits are protected by the government, as they are here in the US. Australia has a universal health system' as do other civilized countries. "Funding of the health system in Australia is a combination of government funding and private health insurance. Government funding is through the Medicare scheme, which subsidises out-of-hospital medical treatment and funds free universal access to hospital treatment. LL
https://www.sireninteractive.com/sirensong/in-need-of-diagnosis-help-for-challenging-cases/ This one is about the medical system. There is a growing tendency of people suffering from health problems that are not diagnosed or treated by the medical system. People wait long periods of time to be diagnosed with health problems and often do not get the treatment they need. Patients are often told that there is “no cure" for the health problem they are experiencing. Thus they face a life of chronic illness. I wanted to post about this because it is a major source of stagnation in this society. I think raising awareness about this matter would help bring about an effective resolution. When people are not diagnosed with any health problem they cannot receive disability. There is also a tendency from doctors to diagnose chronically ill patients as being “mentally ill" even if they do not have mental health problems. This is an area where alternative medicine and conventional medicine are not meeting the needs of the patient. When people are burdened by nagging health problems they often lose their jobs, their homes, and experience alienation from friends and family. Generally this situation prevents people from controlling their own lives and determining their own destiny. I have not seen this issue addressed in any public forum. Doctors do practice science however there is a need for something groundbreaking and fulfilling to address this pressing social problem. The medical system is generally too bureaucratic, too hierarchial and old fashioned. Many hospitals are controlled by religious organizations. It is not assumed that patients have autonomy over their own bodies and in my experience you feel that you must “submit" to the medical system in order to have your health problems resolved. Medical information is kept hidden from the public and much of what is available online is “miracle cures." Has anyone had similar experiences with the medical system?
Any evidence for these medical inadequacies, because this reads like simple personal resentment. I'd say only accurate thing here is that the system is too bureaucratic.
Any evidence for these medical inadequacies, because this reads like simple personal resentment. I'd say only accurate thing here is that the system is too bureaucratic. What makes you think it's personal resentment and not true for millions of people? I've seen these things happen to people daily, in addition to long lines at emergency rooms and grossly inadequate care with poor people receiving little more than first aid. Even people with Medicaid, private insurance or who can pay aren't getting good care. Everyone is on his own. There is no case management--which is crucial,for the elderly or disabled. I picked up an elderly woman the other day who was hobbling up a long hill to a doctor's office. She had taken a bus and there was no way to get to the doctor's office but to walk. When she got in my car there were tears in her eyes. The office was a good quarter mile from the bus stop. She was on Medicare, but it didn't help with her transportation needs. The nearest drugstore was a good half mile from the doctor's office. I wondered if the doctor would just hand her a prescription without bothering to find out how she would get it. This was in a good neighborhood. It's much worse in poor ones.
Any evidence for these medical inadequacies, because this reads like simple personal resentment. I'd say only accurate thing here is that the system is too bureaucratic. What makes you think it's personal resentment and not true for millions of people? I've seen these things happen to people daily, in addition to long lines at emergency rooms and grossly inadequate care with poor people receiving little more than first aid. Even people with Medicaid, private insurance or who can pay aren't getting good care. Everyone is on his own. I was referring specifically to OPs comments, but yours are interesting. "Grossly inadequate care" is a strong description, are you a health care provider? How do you know terrible medical care is rampant? If there were major failures in treatment it would be widely reported and corrected.
There is no case management--which is crucial,for the elderly or disabled. I picked up an elderly woman the other day who was hobbling up a long hill to a doctor's office. She had taken a bus and there was no way to get to the doctor's office but to walk. When she got in my car there were tears in her eyes. The office was a good quarter mile from the bus stop. She was on Medicare, but it didn't help with her transportation needs. The nearest drugstore was a good half mile from the doctor's office. I wondered if the doctor would just hand her a prescription without bothering to find out how she would get it. This was in a good neighborhood. It's much worse in poor ones.
I guess personal responsibility no longer applies to patients.
Any evidence for these medical inadequacies, because this reads like simple personal resentment. I'd say only accurate thing here is that the system is too bureaucratic. What makes you think it's personal resentment and not true for millions of people? I've seen these things happen to people daily, in addition to long lines at emergency rooms and grossly inadequate care with poor people receiving little more than first aid. Even people with Medicaid, private insurance or who can pay aren't getting good care. Everyone is on his own. I was referring specifically to OPs comments, but yours are interesting. "Grossly inadequate care" is a strong description, are you a health care provider? How do you know terrible medical care is rampant? If there were major failures in treatment it would be widely reported and corrected.
There is no case management--which is crucial,for the elderly or disabled. I picked up an elderly woman the other day who was hobbling up a long hill to a doctor's office. She had taken a bus and there was no way to get to the doctor's office but to walk. When she got in my car there were tears in her eyes. The office was a good quarter mile from the bus stop. She was on Medicare, but it didn't help with her transportation needs. The nearest drugstore was a good half mile from the doctor's office. I wondered if the doctor would just hand her a prescription without bothering to find out how she would get it. This was in a good neighborhood. It's much worse in poor ones.
I guess personal responsibility no longer applies to patients. Oh, please. What about people who can"t take "peraonal responsibility""because they are too elderly or too sick or disabled?. You sound just like a Trump supporter--you want everyone to pull themselves up by theor bootstraps and if anyone is poor or sick or disabled and can't take care of themselves completely or find their way around an impossibly convoluted health system designed for profits, it's their own fault! People like you and other Trump supporters are the dregs of society. You make me sick!
I guess personal responsibility no longer applies to patients. Oh, please. What about people who can"t take "peraonal responsibility""because they are too elderly or too sick or disabled?Their families and friends need to take care of them. The responsibility can't be foisted on society.
Their families and friends need to take care of them. The responsibility can't be foisted on society.
An interesting politic. A social contract that expires when society is no longer getting enough. Caring takes away social contributions (e.g. work) from friends and family who may not be in a good position to care (working, inexperience etc.) so society doesn't gain by burdening friends and family. Whenever I point out to people with this kind of politic that failing to care for "burdens on society" will result in suffering and even death there is usually a pause and a reluctance to agree that such consequences of their recommendations are acceptable. So, Beltane how do you justify allowing people to suffer and die rather than having society care for them? What is your solution for society's needy?
Their families and friends need to take care of them. The responsibility can't be foisted on society.
An interesting politic. A social contract that expires when society is no longer getting enough. Caring takes away social contributions (e.g. work) from friends and family who may not be in a good position to care (working, inexperience etc.) so society doesn't gain by burdening friends and family. Whenever I point out to people with this kind of politic that failing to care for "burdens on society" will result in suffering and even death there is usually a pause and a reluctance to agree that such consequences of their recommendations are acceptable. So, Beltane how do you justify allowing people to suffer and die rather than having society care for them? What is your solution for society's needy? Society has too many needy people; too many old, too many sick. We need to let them go and rebuild a new society that doesn't allow so many needy to pile up.
Society has too many needy people; too many old, too many sick. We need to let them go and rebuild a new society that doesn't allow so many needy to pile up.
You mean leave them to suffer and die?
Any evidence for these medical inadequacies, because this reads like simple personal resentment. I'd say only accurate thing here is that the system is too bureaucratic. What makes you think it's personal resentment and not true for millions of people? I've seen these things happen to people daily, in addition to long lines at emergency rooms and grossly inadequate care with poor people receiving little more than first aid. Even people with Medicaid, private insurance or who can pay aren't getting good care. Everyone is on his own. I was referring specifically to OPs comments, but yours are interesting. "Grossly inadequate care" is a strong description, are you a health care provider? How do you know terrible medical care is rampant? If there were major failures in treatment it would be widely reported and corrected. It is. Don't you read the papers, books or magazines? Do you never talk to anyone but yourself? Have you been living under a rock?
I guess personal responsibility no longer applies to patients.
I guess personal responsibility no longer applies to patients. Oh, please. What about people who can"t take "peraonal responsibility""because they are too elderly or too sick or disabled?Their families and friends need to take care of them. The responsibility can't be foisted on society. More ignorance. What about people with no fanilies or families that are too poor to take care of them? There are millions of such people in the "great" USA. You are blind and deaf and mentally challenged if you can't see what's in front of your face and it looks as if that is the case.
Society has too many needy people; too many old, too many sick. We need to let them go and rebuild a new society that doesn't allow so many needy to pile up.
You mean leave them to suffer and die?Correct.
Any evidence for these medical inadequacies, because this reads like simple personal resentment. I'd say only accurate thing here is that the system is too bureaucratic. What makes you think it's personal resentment and not true for millions of people? I've seen these things happen to people daily, in addition to long lines at emergency rooms and grossly inadequate care with poor people receiving little more than first aid. Even people with Medicaid, private insurance or who can pay aren't getting good care. Everyone is on his own. I was referring specifically to OPs comments, but yours are interesting. "Grossly inadequate care" is a strong description, are you a health care provider? How do you know terrible medical care is rampant? If there were major failures in treatment it would be widely reported and corrected. It is. Don't you read the papers, books or magazines? Do you never talk to anyone but yourself? Have you been living under a rock?
I guess personal responsibility no longer applies to patients.These links describe the rising costs of medical treatment, and the problems with insurance. They don't address your claim that medical care itself is horrible.
I guess personal responsibility no longer applies to patients. Oh, please. What about people who can"t take "peraonal responsibility""because they are too elderly or too sick or disabled?Their families and friends need to take care of them. The responsibility can't be foisted on society. More ignorance. What about people with no fanilies or families that are too poor to take care of them? There are millions of such people in the "great" USA. You are blind and deaf and mentally challenged if you can't see what's in front of your face and it looks as if that is the case.I don't know anyone who has no family or friends. Where do large groups of people like that live? As for the poor - there's no such thing as being too poor to take care of sick family members.

Beltane sucks.
People tend to only focus on the problems with the medical system that involve cost. There are other problems as well that are related to procedure. There are frankly many problems with the medical system. I don’t have time to address the matter right now.