Political Correctness Gone Wild

A bit dated, although this documentary is new, and a tangent from some of the current topics, but I just stumbled on this recently. I can’t find pt 3, but you get the meat of the story in 2 parts. Part One: The Evergreen Equity Council - YouTube

It’s the incident where a professor was fired for not supporting changes to the rules for inclusiveness on campus. It immediately becomes a circus rather than a process, where people have to relinquish scientific ideas of evidence and just accept that just about anything white people do is racist. This is an abuse of policies started decades ago to acknowledge someone’s right to a grievance based on their reaction to an incident. I certainly don’t want to roll back to the days of blatant harassment in the workplace, but some restraints on that are also needed.

It’s the new normal.

Younger liberals are far more leftist today, and younger blacks especially have gotten so used to white liberals caving into their ridiculous demands that they think they’re in charge – and they are, basically.

In a way I don’t blame them for turning up the heat at white liberal establishments like Evergreen.

I figured you’d abuse the story of abuse. It’s not normal. It’s not normal at all. Bret Weinstein testified before Congress about how abnormal it is and how we need to reign in these problematic individuals. A few faculty took advantage of some vulnerable young adults, that’s the story here. Your racism is on full display my friend. You might want to have someone look at that, maybe get it treated.

No doubt that cultish groupthink is fodder for abusive social practices to (ironically) grow out of attempts to address existing institutionalized abuse.

Personally I find the shutting down of speech, done in the name of political correctness, to be unacceptable, unless the speech is so heinous or inciting as to create a clear and imminent danger.

I do see how the culties got started on the road they went down, however. I agree that almost everyone is racist to some degree. And I agree that the institutionalized racism in our society is biased, in effect, for whites. IOW, whites have had the power, and even tho, as a group are much less racist overall than in previous times, do not have to suffer the holdover and continuing effects of racism, than vice versa (the effects of racism in individuals of minority cultures).

When I say that almost everyone is racist to some degree, I am suggesting there is a continuum, from none (very rare) to the most bigoted. I think that most whites, by far, are not bigots. However, it may be that most whites ignore or deny the institutionalized racism in our society that is still biased against blacks and for whites (generally speaking). Note the “Black Lives Matter” movement in relatively recent years. Most whites, I imagine, were content to shut that statement down, with the opposing “All Lives Matter” (a convenient truism, but one that acted to shut down the protest against black people being unnecessarily and inordinately killed by cops).

I also think that it is counterproductive for white people, who quit denying that they are a little bit racist, to freak out with shame and remorse. Now if they are a downright bigot or race-supremacist, then, ok they can freak out with shame and remorse. But otherwise, I think it is best to just, non-emotionally, recognize, “Yeah I’m a bit racist, just like almost everybody else. Let’s deal with it, as a society, fairly, without doing anything nutso.”

I figured you’d abuse the story of abuse. It’s not normal. It’s not normal at all. Bret Weinstein testified before Congress about how abnormal it is and how we need to reign in these problematic individuals. A few faculty took advantage of some vulnerable young adults, that’s the story here. Your racism is on full display my friend. You might want to have someone look at that, maybe get it treated.
Faculty took advantage of students -- That's not the story at all. WTF are you talking about.

Weinstein tried to be a reasonable liberal about this “white people stay home for a day nonsense” and discovered the students don’t give a shit about that because he is white. He was on their side, but they didn’t want him there because he is white.

This sort of behavior by leftist students has been common at colleges for quite a while, now. There’s dozens of examples over the last few years.

My point is you can’t reason with these people because they don’t like whites in general. White liberals are either in denial about this or are too masochistic to back off.

I suppose that some white ppl have become racist against whites. Perhaps a few black ppl are even racist against blacks. But by far I think that racism and particularly institutionalized racism is over-impacting in the more traditional direction. Also the balance of power has been and remains on the white side.

I don’t think that this justifies the non-sense and potentially destructive counter-reactions to racism exemplified above. Neither does it excuse society to maintain the status quo.

I suppose that some white ppl have become racist against whites. Perhaps a few black ppl are even racist against blacks. But by far I think that racism and particularly institutionalized racism is over-impacting in the more traditional direction. Also the balance of power has been and remains on the white side.I don’t think that this justifies the non-sense and potentially destructive counter-reactions to racism exemplified above. Neither does it excuse society to maintain the status quo.
Most of the angry students in this case were not white. (Weinstein is cringeworthy here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTnDpoQLNaY

How is it surprising that non-whites would be angry about continuing systemic racism that is still part of our larger society? Non-whites are ppl too. Almost ALL ppl are racist. Non-whites have suffered the brunt of racism far more, so if there were a better case to be made for being racist, it would be for the non-whites.

You said “White liberals are either in denial about this or are too masochistic to back off.” I am a white liberal and not in denial that non-whites can become counter-racist. I am also not a masochist. Rather, I think that white righties are in denial about the continuing injustice in our society that is due to systemic racism, and also, now, due to a re-emerging neo-nazi, white nationalist movement.

Just how big is that neo-nazi white nationalist movement you are talking about. I like to think I get around a little bit. And I have never seen any of these people in my life. I have run into the Antifa guys. Are the neo-nazis as big as the Antifa? The Antifa are big on line. Are the neo-nazi doing anything on line? Are you sure the neo-nazis aren’t a nothing burger? A search on the internet says the Antifa has approximately 200 groups in the US. I could not find the size of the neo-nazis. The Hill said that support for the neo-nazi views are near the double digits. When the Far-Left talks about the neo-nazis they include the Alt-Right. Are you doing that too?

http://www.startribune.com/black-activist-i-took-control-of-neo-nazi-group-to-kill-it/506602882/

Just how big is that neo-nazi white nationalist movement you are talking about.
Are you trying to show us that you don't know how to use google?

It is obvious I don’t. I keep hearing in the news about the complaints from the far left about this neo-nazis problem. I just wanted to know how big it was to respond to TimB posting. Then I find out that James Stern of Moreno Valley, took over the biggest neo-nazis group in the US to disband it. And it had 40 members. Now it is portrayed as a hate and racial group. But Mr. Stern, a black man took over the leadership of the group. So, how racial is that. So, what does it hate? America turning to the communist system. I’m not for or backing the neo-nazis group. Just trying to answer the question. The far-left uses them as a reason for their actions. The news companies know what is really going on. Is this just a part of the fake news?

The news companies know what is really going on. Is this just a part of the fake news?

So, you’re going to double down. Something that I could just google and link the results. And how does this work anyway. The news companies know what is really going on, which means it is possible for someone to know what is really going on, but somehow it is only them, well and you because you have a tin foil hat that receives this information from aliens. So, if they know, why don’t I read about it in the papers. Do all reporters gather news then have meetings where they decide how to cover up what they just saw, how to make up a lie so good that even if someone was standing right there while it happened, their lie would make that person’s testimony moot? How do they do that? Couldn’t someone with a cell phone start a blog and just follow news trucks around and interview the same people that the fake news just interviewed? Couldn’t a cameraman make a copy of the real story and show how the fake media didn’t report it correctly? How many people do they have to pay off to keep this news from getting to me?

And you never did answer my challenge in the thread about Schiff. Who’s paying you off?

If there were no fascists there would be no need for anti-fascists.

White Supremacists have been a major factor in the course of American history. That is undeniable except by liars and the ignorant. White Supremacists seemed to be in decline after WWII, and even seemed to be fading away into insignificance in the latter part of the 20th Century and the very early 21st Century. But with the Presidency of the U.S. being in the hands of a 1/2 black man for 8 years, I think that what was merely suppressed, became unbearable to those of the white supremacist persuasion. Neo Nazis seem to be pretty much of interchangeable views.

Then with the advent of a new Presidency in the hands of our current POTUS, the white supremacists who could no longer contain their bile and who were reacting more and more in the preceding years, were really encouraged by a new POTUS who so forcefully advocated some of their anti-other (than whites) positions. (keep out muslims, keep out brown immigrants, keep out immigrants from “shithole” countries.) The overt culmination of this seems to have been in Charlottesville. But after that they just went back to being largely underground as a movement. (Maybe in part because Antifa’s interference was making it not fun, anymore, to project themselves in unison publicly.) But, again, Antifa was/is a reaction to the Fascism and White Supremacy.

If there are no Fascists, there would be no anti-fascism tactics. If there are Fascists (and there are) then there better be something to counter their regaining prominence and power.

I doubt that all Alt-righties are Fascists and White Supremacists, but I suspect that the Fascists and White Supremacists are all for the alt-right, as that is the best and closest resource of political power that they are in tune with.

“especially have gotten so used to white liberals caving into their ridiculous demands that they think they’re in charge”

Holy moly, that’s exactly what I was thinking about Christian evangelicals who have gotten so used to rationalists and children of the intellectual enlightenment caving into their ridiculous demands that they think they’re in charge.

Well said, thank you.

===================================================================

FYI.

TUESDAY, APRIL 9, 2019
GOP Religion vs. Rational Politics. My point is . . .

Over at my WUWTW blogspot, I posted a biographical review of some factors that went into creating the particular perspective I possess and that I keep striving to enunciate. Here I’m posting only sections that are most relevant to today’s political situation. For the background visit: “Citizenschallenge, why are you an Earth Centrist?

"… Okay? Fun interesting read, now what am I supposed to do with it? What is it actually about? And so on. In responding I was down to, ‘it’s about perspectives and how we process the information that’s flowing through our senses.’

Thinking on it some more I know that it’s about much more than that. It’s about grasping for an appreciation of DeepTime, Evolution, and the dance of life and geology that created this world we were born out of and will die back into. Something that offers individuals a path to understanding their own place in time and the universe within a sane reality based over-arching perspective.

Something that offers peace in the face of our individual mortality and that eternal question of “Why?”.

Something that offers spiritual fulfillment through a visceral appreciation for how time and life on this Pale Blue Dot created us and this world we inhabit today and will return to upon finishing our short dance across life’s stage. Why isn’t that cosmic gift enough?

Something that can offer rationalists and atheists a sense of our own spiritual fulfillment - in contrast to the faith-shackled’s nonstop trumpeting about praising EGO and being intolerant towards others.

Something that offers us Children of the Intellectual Enlightenment the inner moral foundation and spiritual fortitude to step up and lovingly, constructively, challenge and confront those sad brainwashed souls eye to eye.

All of us have them in our lives, why not discover ways to ask them how they live with the cognitive dissonance inherent within their “my way only” religions?

Maybe slow down those self-certain ME FIRST Trumpkins from steamrolling rationalists into oblivion. Listen to them, lordie knows it’s what they’re dreaming of doing. We had better stop ignoring that or a genuine horrendous civil war will unfold in parts of our country. They haven’t been stocking piling those straw men and contrived angry passions and weapons and ammo for nothing! (4/3/19) But I digress. …"

"... The missing key to NOMA is appreciating the fundamental “Magisteria of Physical Reality” - and recognizing that both science and religion are products of the “Magisteria of Our Human Mindscape.”

Science seeks to objectively learn about our physical world, but we should still recognize all our understanding is embedded within and constrained by our brain's mindscape.

Religion is all about the human mindscape itself, with its wonderful struggles, fears, spiritual undercurrents, needs and stories we create to give our live’s meaning and make it worth living, or at least bearable.

What’s the point?

Read more »<a href="https://confrontingsciencecontrarians.blogspot.com/2019/04/gop-religion-v-rational-politics.html"> https://confrontingsciencecontrarians.blogspot.com/2019/04/gop-religion-v-rational-politics.html</a>

Oh and well said TimB, it certainly makes sense.

Boomers out to lunch as usual about the world young adults live in. Happens with every generation of course, but boomers seem uniquely unable to come to terms with it.

Its interesting how humans become stuck in the past when they get old and that informs everything they do for the rest of their lives. No matter up-to-date one may be, there comes a time when they can’t adapt to the new social reality.

Seems to happen around 50, which probably makes sense evolutionarily.

Lausten - The news companies know what is really going on. Is this just a part of the fake news?

So, you’re going to double down. Something that I could just google and link the results. And how does this work anyway. The news companies know what is really going on, which means it is possible for someone to know what is really going on, but somehow it is only them, well and you because you have a tin foil hat that receives this information from aliens. So, if they know, why don’t I read about it in the papers. Do all reporters gather news then have meetings where they decide how to cover up what they just saw, how to make up a lie so good that even if someone was standing right there while it happened, their lie would make that person’s testimony moot? How do they do that? Couldn’t someone with a cell phone start a blog and just follow news trucks around and interview the same people that the fake news just interviewed? Couldn’t a cameraman make a copy of the real story and show how the fake media didn’t report it correctly? How many people do they have to pay off to keep this news from getting to me?

And you never did answer my challenge in the thread about Schiff. Who’s paying you off?

Collusion!

So says the FOX News faithful.

<i>Child extract that log logged in your eye.</i>

I have no idea what Mike is saying. The part in italics is me, and the first line is me qouting him, so it’s confusing right off the top. The only thing that’s clear is that Mike does not give clear answers to my question.

CC, I need to sit down with your meditations sometime when I’m in a quieter place.

That’s funny, earlier I was even thinking about asking you to explain what the heck he was going on about.

Yeah, watch out for the whiplash of going from Mike’s shit to mine. ;- )