Planet of the Humans

Anyone else seen the latest from Moore?

I remember when skyscrapers turned off those excessive lights that lit them up for no reason. Then they slowly got turned back on. I remember solar panels on the White House. I remember lots of talk about population, but no one wants to volunteer to reduce it. I’ve watched as concerts and sporting events get more and more elaborate, using more and more energy. While all that was going on, the green revolution partnered with the brown one.

yup.

Had a pal send me an email about it yesterday. Not sure if I can stomach watching it, I’m already way the hell too intimately familiar with the destruction we’ve wreaked on our planet’s biosphere this past half century compounded upon the abuses of the previous centuries - the thing we depend on for our life support system.

Today searching for something different to listen to I wound up with, Note From The Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. I may have read some of his short stories, but don’t know much about him, except that everyone else made a very big deal about him, last century. Irritating book, listen, I mean I try to realize these people come from a land of 4 hour days and 20 hours night with nothing to do but write and read. But, I learned the gift of sometimes just, shutting up and just listening. Sure enough, every once in a while he tosses in such an acute observation or zinger, that getting through the rest seems to be the dues I gotta pay. Now I watch an old bio of the guy. Lordie, take about having it tough, but he learned to focus on living the day to day and not the trapping. Amazing skill. I’ve done that, but under charmed circumstances, don’t thing I’d held up near as well as he did with his lot.

I know I can be a cynical pri…, but I do take note of real substance. I have the feeling the old man may help me deal with the coming changes in our world, gonna be checking out more of his short stories.

So sad we couldn’t as a society rise above petty avarice, and unquenchable gluttony, so the party is over. From here on out, the generations will be paying for our self-centered disregard for the future, with misery and more. When they deride us as bommers, and worse, I sure can’t blame them.

Well I ain’t givin’ up. > I hope. < I will go down hoping, until all the hope is gone, or if C-19 gets me, I will go down coughing or having a stroke.

But preferably I will be able to get out my last words (without redactions): “__ck Donald John T rump up his big round as__ole!”

But preferably I will be able to get out my last words (without redactions): “__ck Donald John T rump up his big round as__ole!”

If a camera ever gets put on me and when they ask, “how are you feeling”, regarding Covid, or any other disaster where our government acted liked idiots, I’m going to make sure it’s rolling, then say, “Stop voting for people who don’t understand science.”

Well I ain’t givin’ up. > I hope. <

I don’t think that was the point. The point is, even the people we thought were doing it right, turned out to be wrong. Of the 3 R’s, re-use and re-cycle can turn profits, but reduce is the opposite of growth and profit. We need to start focusing on that one, and it will be a different kind of battle, because it goes against the last 200 years of what we call progress.

Yes, going against constant growth will not be accepted, I don’t think. But who knows? Seems to be a lot of black swans flying about these days.

Yes, going against constant growth will not be accepted, I don’t think. But who knows? Seems to be a lot of black swans flying about these days.
Yeah, reality has a way disregarding what human's find acceptable or not.

And we are so adaptable.

Like, it’s incomprehensible to me, how so many people can have lived so many decades, and now think, things are going fine, same as it ever was.

Our avarice may be the same as it ever was, but this planet that supplies our life support system, certainly has radically changed in all, all the wrong ways.

Oh and regarding Michael Moore,

didn’t all of them make fun of him when he was saying trump would win the US Presidential election?