Permanent Daylight Saving Time

There will be no more falling back in November come 2023.

Senate passes bill to make Daylight Saving Time permanent in 2023 - CBS News

I like it but I’m sure some people will think it’s a bad move.

Honestly, in Europe, most people are fed up with time change.

Polls have shown a very broad support for a fixed time. but Europe is Europe.

Incidentally, USA changed time same time as most countries, but the dates have been moved for business reasons !

[Debate over daylight saving time drags on in Europe - ABC News]

Personally, I wish the time was left at sun time and not Daylight Wasting Time. I like getting up in the morning and the sun start rising before 7:30/8 am. I like it to be dark by 9 or 9:30 pm, not 10 pm. I really hate DWT.

Not quite. There are two more steps.

This is true. It still needs to pass in the House. I hope it fails because I do not want DWT to become the new normal time.

Personally, I prefer when i am the nearest possible to the solar time.

Mostly, I am fed up with the change itself.

I do admit, backyard stargazing does have to start late during the summer.

“I love the night.
The day is okay and the sun can be fun
But I live to see those rays slip away”
BOC
:wink:

Same, but the whole charade is irritating. I can do without afternoon darkness in winter.

That’s what I mean by sun time. As the sun moves, that is the time. Noon is directly overhead, which we generally do during the winter months. I just want that year around.

If they go to Daylight Wasting Time, you will have afternoon darkness in winter.

There wouldn’t be afternoon darkness where I live. Earliest sunset would be nearing 6PM.

(from a few days ago)
DST bill goes to House:

But it’s unclear when – or if – the lower chamber will take up the legislation as leaders punt the effort to the back burner in favor of other pressing matters, including responding to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

House leaders want to take up daylight saving time bill — later | TheHill