Pack your bags

Fri Jul 25, 2014 at 09:59 AM PDT.
Scientists warn we are on the brink of the next major mass extinction event
by
FaithGardner .

What’s our excuse? When 49% of the population here doesn’t “believe” in evolution but believe that they will somehow magically be lifted out of the coming chaos by a supernatural sky god? And to top it off, they elect nimrods who share their beliefs yet wield the power to allow AGW to eventually devastate the planet. We have no excuse.
Cap’t Jack

It’s always something, lol.
In the end, nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.

It's always something, lol. In the end, nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.
Seems to me we refuse to learn. I find it amazing that we can make models of 10 year stockmarket trends, based on experience of previous long term economics, but we cannot seem to educate the same people about long term climate trends, based on experience of previous long term climate changes on earth and their catastrophic impacts on most life on earth, except the insects. Hellstrom was a visionary, IMO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R8UN9zGD04&list=PL1B32852440A9A973
It's always something, lol. In the end, nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.
Seems to me we refuse to learn. I find it amazing that we can make models of 10 year stockmarket trends, based on experience of previous long term economics, but we cannot seem to educate the same people about long term climate trends, based on experience of previous long term climate changes on earth and their catastrophic impacts on most life on earth, except the insects. Hellstrom was a visionary, IMO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R8UN9zGD04&list=PL1B32852440A9A973I don't know if its refusal to learn as much as inability. IIRC, Biologists say the brain has evolved to make decent short term predictions, but long term predictions are out of reach. The long term knowledge of nature we do have is from accumulative experience, and we've been losing that through urbanization.