North Korean Nukes Explained

So why? Why are they hell bent on developing nuke and ICBM's?
To gain "respect" from the super powers. pronounced with a Corleone accent.I'm sure that's the real reason. I saw a piece on NK and how its missile programs are a source of national pride. They literally broadcast launchs, and keep tallies of successes in SHOPPING MALLS and on street corner screens like 5th avenue! It's almost standard issue...every David needs its Goliath to please the ladies at home. I have a feeling the best thing the US could do is embrace NK, befriend them in every way, i.e. completely take the steam out of David's engine. Why doesn't the USA want a reunified Korea? We would if North Korea weren't a violent nation ready to wreak havoc on South Korea or any other nation it doesn't like. Would you trust them in your back yard?
Slim chance N. Korea will reach a position where they can intimidate America like that.
Another example of lazily characterizing an argument instead of addressing it. Slim chance? Ok, why? What is your argument, where is your evidence, etc. NK already has some number of nukes, and short range ballistic missiles. Everyone seems to agree that they are headed towards more nukes, and long range missiles. And so "slim chance" is based on what? Again, the question isn't who would win in a war between America and NK. The question is, would America risk some of it's major cities to defend South Korea? No, but America wouldn't have to because North Korea will never attack America - ICBM's or not. We know they won't so don't worry about it. Ah yes, that's exactly what people said about Japan before Pearl Harbor. Don't worry, be happy.

i think he was being sarcastic

Slim chance N. Korea will reach a position where they can intimidate America like that.
Another example of lazily characterizing an argument instead of addressing it. Slim chance? Ok, why? What is your argument, where is your evidence, etc. NK already has some number of nukes, and short range ballistic missiles. Everyone seems to agree that they are headed towards more nukes, and long range missiles. And so "slim chance" is based on what? Again, the question isn't who would win in a war between America and NK. The question is, would America risk some of it's major cities to defend South Korea? No, but America wouldn't have to because North Korea will never attack America - ICBM's or not. We know they won't so don't worry about it. Ah yes, that's exactly what people said about Japan before Pearl Harbor. Don't worry, be happy.American policy makers at the time never said that. In the 30s US-Japanese relations became quite strained because of Japanese militarism and the US trade restrictions enacted - they knew war was coming if things continued to heat up. But that is irrelevant to this topic. This situation is much different and North Korea is fully aware an attack on American soil would mean the end for them.
Another example of lazily characterizing an argument instead of addressing it. Slim chance? Ok, why? What is your argument, where is your evidence, etc. NK already has some number of nukes, and short range ballistic missiles. Everyone seems to agree that they are headed towards more nukes, and long range missiles. And so "slim chance" is based on what? Again, the question isn't who would win in a war between America and NK. The question is, would America risk some of it's major cities to defend South Korea? No, but America wouldn't have to because North Korea will never attack America - ICBM's or not. We know they won't so don't worry about it. Ah yes, that's exactly what people said about Japan before Pearl Harbor. Don't worry, be happy.American policy makers at the time never said that. In the 30s US-Japanese relations became quite strained because of Japanese militarism and the US trade restrictions enacted - they knew war was coming if things continued to heat up. But that is irrelevant to this topic. This situation is much different and North Korea is fully aware an attack on American soil would mean the end for them. They've shown thenselves to be crazy. Anything is possible. The Japanese should have known what would happen to them if they attacked the US but they did it anyway, didn't they? [spam Nazi line spam Nazi line spam Nazi line]
Attention Mods: Would you please delete this now worthless thread. Thank you.
You started the thread. You should have known it would go downhill fast. Incidentally, threads are not deleted. That's not the way CFI Forums work. It will be here until the end of time.
i think he was being sarcastic
Hard to tell, sometimes. I'm not at all sure he was being sarcastic. I think he was serious.
To gain "respect" from the super powers. pronounced with a Corleone accent.I'm sure that's the real reason. I saw a piece on NK and how its missile programs are a source of national pride. They literally broadcast launchs, and keep tallies of successes in SHOPPING MALLS and on street corner screens like 5th avenue! It's almost standard issue...every David needs its Goliath to please the ladies at home. I have a feeling the best thing the US could do is embrace NK, befriend them in every way, i.e. completely take the steam out of David's engine. Why doesn't the USA want a reunified Korea? We would if North Korea weren't a violent nation ready to wreak havoc on South Korea or any other nation it doesn't like. Would you trust them in your back yard? what threat? its responding to US aggression.
To gain "respect" from the super powers. pronounced with a Corleone accent.I'm sure that's the real reason. I saw a piece on NK and how its missile programs are a source of national pride. They literally broadcast launchs, and keep tallies of successes in SHOPPING MALLS and on street corner screens like 5th avenue! It's almost standard issue...every David needs its Goliath to please the ladies at home. I have a feeling the best thing the US could do is embrace NK, befriend them in every way, i.e. completely take the steam out of David's engine. Why doesn't the USA want a reunified Korea? We would if North Korea weren't a violent nation ready to wreak havoc on South Korea or any other nation it doesn't like. Would you trust them in your back yard? what threat? its responding to US aggression. What is the US doing to North Korea that could be seen as unwarranted aggression?