NEWS FLASH: "Some aspects of personality may be subject to change throughout life"

WOW, Amazing, Stupendous!!! Psychology at it’s best.
Who would have ever thut it

A Long-Running Study Finds People's Characters Don't Remain Fixed Some aspects of personality may be subject to change throughout life By Melinda Wenner Moyer | SA Mind May 2017 Issue https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/a-long-running-study-finds-peoples-characters-dont-remain-fixed/
Psychology is definitely one of the weirder sciences, excuse me if I approach it with a hint of derision. Takes me back to hearing about 'revolutionary' studied that proved what every attentive mother/dad already knew about infant attentiveness and interactive behavior and abilities.

Psychology has some important beneficial aspects, but it is far from a science. At this stage I consider it a mix of science and voodoo. I’m far from an expert, bit I did ace Psych 101 in college. As the discipline matures is it getting more useful. I did learn some things about people’s motivations and influences in psych class, but the field has a long way to go before it can be considered a science.

Psychology has some important beneficial aspects, but it is far from a science. At this stage I consider it a mix of science and voodoo. I'm far from an expert, bit I did ace Psych 101 in college. As the discipline matures is it getting more useful. I did learn some things about people's motivations and influences in psych class, but the field has a long way to go before it can be considered a science.
Pretty much. The biggest problem with psychology is not the lack of scientific rigor, but most of the people attracted to the field. Too many charlatans throughout its history drive away sober-minded individuals (this is happening in every university in the world). There's a lot of good stuff, but you have to dig through so much crap in order to find it. One thing it has going for it though, is that it's a few steps above sociology! Fortunately, it will improve as neuroscience is increasingly filling the role Psych has played.

The other aspect though, assuming at least that the researchers are at least trying to be scientific in their study methods, is that scientists look for certainty and prrof over feelings and hunches. (Not saying anything new you guys don’t know). But with alot of studies like this, even non-psych ones, I have to remind myself that it’s good enough for me to just say, Of course XYZ is true, it’s obvious. It’s another for a scientist to prove it.