Namaskar

This is my first day in the forum.
Regards

Greetings, Hindu! Can you tell us a bit more about yourself? Your likes, dislikes and so on?

Greetings, Hindu! Can you tell us a bit more about yourself? Your likes, dislikes and so on?
Basically i am here for discussions on religion, atheism and dharma :) regards
Basically i am here for discussions on religion, atheism and dharma :) regards Hello and welcome. Here to talk about "dharma" - funny that, I've been curious about what "dharma" actually means for three decades now. You see my own familiarity with the term comes from reading Jack Kerouac's "The Dharma Bums" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dharma_Bums) while on my own epic hitchhiking adventure into the heart of Texas and other spooky places. Meaning I've got my own colorful lore built around the word, but really don't understand it's traditional meaning and context. So my question, should you choose to accept it: explain what does "dharma" mean? :-)

dharma is something where acceptance is key for peaceful society…where faith isn’t a problem coz everyone has their own…where nature is respected and protected…
its called sanatana dharama (hinduism)
we never had concept of religion on “ism”

dharma is something where acceptance is key for peaceful society..where faith isn't a problem coz everyone has their own..where nature is respected and protected.. its called sanatana dharama (hinduism) we never had concept of religion on "ism"
Welcome Hindu, Being a atheist humanist myself, your assertion that Hinduism is compatible with Atheism intrigued me and I did a "little" research on the practice of Hinduism. It appears that in principle Hinduism is is advocating secular (non-discriminatory) values, such as the inclusion of all gods, tolerance of different religious philosophies, respect for all life, and peaceful coexistence with nature. It is more of a general roadmap to a fullfilling life, whereas other religions demand strict obedience and worship to specific "divine revelations and divine commands" My first impression was favorable to such a philosophy. Am I on the right path so far? I'll wait for your response before I start a critical review of the RW results of the practice of Hinduism. I sincerely hope that you are well versed in the history of Hinduism and it's variations, such as "sanatana dharama".
dharma is something where acceptance is key for peaceful society..where faith isn't a problem coz everyone has their own..where nature is respected and protected.. its called sanatana dharama (hinduism) we never had concept of religion on "ism"
thanks. I like Darma Bum. To me it means the appreciation that I am a spectator (very rare gift) of creation, living this moment that I've been granted, in awe of what's unfolding in front of me (be it my next meal or an epic event). The holy imperative: savor one's moment for all it's worth. __________________________________________________ I looked up some sanatana dharama = hinduism stuff. Disappointing, it falls into the same religious trap of trying to explain stuff that a person needs to appreciate from within. And once you appreciate it from within, all those human constructs become, well, silly and off point. {edited to take ownership of that statement ;) }

hope you don’t mind a little santana darma

Welcome Hindu, Being a atheist humanist myself, your assertion that Hinduism is compatible with Atheism intrigued me and I did a "little" research on the practice of Hinduism. It appears that in principle Hinduism is is advocating secular (non-discriminatory) values, such as the inclusion of all gods, tolerance of different religious philosophies, respect for all life, and peaceful coexistence with nature. It is more of a general roadmap to a fullfilling life, whereas other religions demand strict obedience and worship to specific "divine revelations and divine commands" My first impression was favorable to such a philosophy. Am I on the right path so far? I'll wait for your response before I start a critical review of the RW results of the practice of Hinduism. I sincerely hope that you are well versed in the history of Hinduism and it's variations, such as "sanatana dharama". Atheism has never been problem in hinduism rather sanatana dharma as its part of acceptance ...we firmly believe in karmic theory where every action has equal and opposite reaction.. if you go by my activities even i am atheist with my way of life...i never goto temple..i may not believe in god but i accept it...i donot believe in heaven and hell concept. I am not a learned man when it comes to hinduism but i am definitely a learner of hinduism. In sanatana dharma even if u believe in god its mere tool to discover self here is something that might interest u https://www.facebook.com/HINDUZ/videos/1122905517726840/ regards
hope you don't mind a little santana darma https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYc-zH0Ak6Q
well its not atheism nor theism or faith to be contained in some video...every man will have different definition of dharma looking at the compatibility with life..i didn't even look at video but will accept it be it anything...

I looked up some sanatana dharama = hinduism stuff.
Disappointing, it falls into the same religious trap of trying to explain stuff that a person needs to appreciate from within.
And once you appreciate it from within, all those human constructs become, well, silly and off point.
Answer: well stuff is something which is materialistic hence u need to learn more…first do some research and then make conclusion…
its not trap its acceptance…which u can never know…
u want world to be without faith…but we want world to be peaceful irrespective of both being on earth.
Hinduism is discovery of self…if u can discover if u cannot don’t judge it on someone else’s research…even if u do doesn’t make difference…coz sanatana dharma doesn’t need conversion.

That sounds remarkably like common sense. Are you sure this is a religion? :wink:

hope you don't mind a little santana darma https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYc-zH0Ak6Q
well its not atheism nor theism or faith to be contained in some video...every man will have different definition of dharma looking at the compatibility with life..i didn't even look at video but will accept it be it anything...yeah, i was just trying to be cute :red: well, welcome and I hope to hear more of your thoughts, there's more going on here than thinking about religions