Let's be clear: It’s our perception of reality that is subjective

Are you familiar with deBroglie-Bohm Pilot Wave model?
If not, check this out

Thank you for the video.
I wasn’t aware of this but I’ve watched similar documentaries on NOVA on PBS.
I did watch the whole thing but it didn’t give any profound revelations as to why the particle changes behavior when we observe it.
The difference here seems on how scientists want to classify “the particle”. A solid object in the “sea” which changes direction depending on waves , or a wave which changes into a solid particle.

This clip also touched briefly on the multiverse theory where Michio Kaku has done some work on string theory.
This is very interesting stuff to me having a curious mind but there aren’t any new breakthrough revelations.

I was hoping CERN would show us some breakthroughs about existence after all this time they’ve been open for business.

Ahhh, but CERN showed us the mathematical nature of spacetime and already present in quantum fields.

The Higgs boson was “predicted” and “created” by the theoretical mathematics of Peter Higgs.

When his mathematical equations were physically implemented in the collider, presto ,
the Higgs boson made it’s appearance, but as it is unable to exist independently, it immediately decayed again. This experiment has been repeated successfully several times, proving the mathematical essence underlying regular natural phenomena.

Yes this was big news in 2010 or (I don’t remember) but it didn’t radically change our lives because it wasn’t a breakthrough discovery but more of a confirmation.
Kinda like our telescopes are proving and confirming Einstein to be right over and over again with the bending of light across galaxies.

1 Like

[quote=“eli1, post:24, topic:8486, full:true”]
Yes this was big news in 2010 or (I don’t remember) but it didn’t radically change our lives because it wasn’t a breakthrough discovery but more of a confirmation.

It was proof of a highly speculative theoretical hypothesis that mass is an acquired property.

Does the Higgs field cause mass?

The interaction of the elementary particles with the Higgs field prevents them from moving at the speed of light and causes them to have inertia, i.e. mass . The stronger the interaction of a given elementary particle with the Higgs field, the bigger its mass.

How does the Higgs field give mass to elementary particles | Raymond & Beverly Sackler School of Physics & Astronomy | Tel Aviv University

The Higgs boson has been referred to as the “God particle”, quite a metaphor.

Kinda like our telescopes are proving and confirming Einstein to be right over and over again with the bending of light across galaxies.

No, it’s more like discovering Black Holes.

I am amazed that you idolize the concepts of reincarnation, and then so easily dismiss the astounding “discoveries” of the real wonders that can be found in spacetime and make up the universe.

Eli1 is not alone in that. It is strange. People have caused the lame to walk and the blind to see. People have shown us the expanse of the cosmos and the wonders of how the world came to be. Why not give ourselves credit.

Well we have different levels of appreciation based on our beliefs.

For example major milestones for humanity (and in our lifetimes) in the last ~50 years are :

1. We went to the moon
  2. Cold War ended
  3. The internet age began
  4. Rapid technological development

These are things that I do appreciate because they are real in our lives.

But things like re-incarnation are simply fascinating and I know there’s something behind them.
You don’t appreciate those because it doesn’t align with your position and that’s highly respectable.
You are being consistent with your position.