KNOWLEDGE CLAIMS OF RELIGION AND SCIENCE

The factual continuum of knowledge between science and religion must be the starting point for discussion to help seniors. the years of experiences right or wrong is the culprit that leads people. educating seniors can be difficult but it must be the top priority because they have most of the money that supports those clergy people who claim having faith in what they claim must not be questioned. the clergy focus on children which are most gullible and trusting of adults, especially those adults that wear distinctive clothing. I am willing to change my thinking as soon as someone provides the evidence to the contrary. GRAND PA RAY

It would be nice if we could re-educate the seniors, but my experience has been that few of them are willing to change. I think we have a much better chance of helping the kids learn about science, philosophy, how to think critically, and to question authority.
Occam

Why bother educating the seniors? As Occam said, the majority are set in their ways and will resist change. Besides, they’ll be dead soon and won’t present further problems.
We need to educate the young if we want change our society.

well senior members it should have obvious that I think educating youth is important. the religious organizations in this country have a different goal in mind for young people. if we challenge the senior citizens young people will be impressed. what is the object of being a Sr. Member of this organization?

First, the reference to level of membership in the box to the left refers to the number of posts. I believe that one is a Junior member until s/he reaches 100 posts. Then the title changes automatically to Senior.
The people who come on here seem to already have well thought out views. The majority are secular, but some at theists. There doesn’t seem to be any correlation between the person’s age and his/her ego level or intelligence. We have quite a few bright, thoughtful members of all ages but we’ve also had some loudmouthed jerks from quite young to elderly.
I don’t see this forum as a place to change people’s views. Rather, it serves the purpose of us exchanging ideas and, I hope, sharpening or clarifying our own present thinking.
Occam

well senior members it should have obvious that I think educating youth is important. the religious organizations in this country have a different goal in mind for young people. if we challenge the senior citizens young people will be impressed. what is the object of being a Sr. Member of this organization?
It was a joke, grandpa. That's why I included the snark tags.
The factual continuum of knowledge between science and religion must be the starting point for discussion to help seniors. the years of experiences right or wrong is the culprit that leads people. educating seniors can be difficult but it must be the top priority because they have most of the money that supports those clergy people who claim having faith in what they claim must not be questioned. the clergy focus on children which are most gullible and trusting of adults, especially those adults that wear distinctive clothing. I am willing to change my thinking as soon as someone provides the evidence to the contrary. GRAND PA RAY
Religion makes conclusions without evidence and hopes to find evidence supporting its conclusions. Science investigates all evidence possible before it makes any conclusion and even then will make a new conclusion if new evidence is found. It sounds simple to me and should be so for all, including seniors. I'm a senior but definatley not in the category you used describe us.
There is no object, Grandpa. It's simply an indication of how often a member has posted, nothing more. Lois