Kim Davis: "martyr"

My point was, it’s perfectly normal for only a small percentage of people to “cooperate with police" in the way you are using the phrase. People don’t normally go out of their way to apprehend criminals, they leave it up to the police. That undocumented immigrants SHOULD be helping catch criminals is the ridiculous statement. Rather than defying US law and making communities less safe, they give undocumented immigrants a safe avenue to report crime and “cooperate" with the police. As the article V.A. says, “ these policies make it safe for immigrant crime victims and witnesses to report criminals to the police and help put them behind bars. Critics claim that these cities and states provide “sanctuary" to undocumented immigrants, but research shows that the opposite is true."
I'd like to see some valid statistics about undocumented immigrants reporting criminals to police that help put them behind bars, even in sanctuary cities. I doubt it's happening nearly as often as you imply. Lois

You implied something Lois, and as usual you can’t back it up. It’s a different topic anyway. Start a new thread.

Well, back to the original post, yet another Kentucky County clerk has stated that he will refuse to issue marriage licenses to gay couples. He is the clerk for Casey County ironically named Casey Davis and although none have shown up as yet, he said that he would refuse to sign off on the license for, wait for it, “religious reasons”. Here we go again, that is if and when a gay couple challenges him.
Cap’t Jack

You implied something Lois, and as usual you can't back it up. It's a different topic anyway. Start a new thread.
What did I imply and how is it not related to this thread? Lois

Apparently, at least one group of homophobic nuts are not coming to her defense.
The Westboro Baptist Church (the “God hates fags” group), are planning to protest against Kim Davis:
http://fox2now.com/2015/10/16/westboro-baptist-church-to-picket-kim-davis-office-over-adultery/]
Noting her multiple marriages and divorces, they issued an announcement beginning with a prayer, asking that:

“God Almighty put a spotlight upon the proud, self-righteous hypocrites that think the same-sex marriage sin is worse than the adultery sin.”
The announcement also included (in all caps): “DIVORCE + REMARRIAGE = ADULTERY” and “GOD HATES ADULTERY”.
So, it’s bigot vs bigot!..

Apparently, at least one group of homophobic nuts are not coming to her defense. The Westboro Baptist Church (the "God hates fags" group), are planning to protest against Kim Davis: http://fox2now.com/2015/10/16/westboro-baptist-church-to-picket-kim-davis-office-over-adultery/] Noting her multiple marriages and divorces, they issued an announcement beginning with a prayer, asking that:
"God Almighty put a spotlight upon the proud, self-righteous hypocrites that think the same-sex marriage sin is worse than the adultery sin."
The announcement also included (in all caps): "DIVORCE + REMARRIAGE = ADULTERY" and "GOD HATES ADULTERY". So, it's bigot vs bigot!...
They have a point.