Islamic Fanaticism is a Worldwide Problem

I’m with ya, Tim, but in Cuthbert’s defense he recognized and corrected his emotional reaction. Far too many people in this country run with their emotional reactions and defend them emotionally despite despite whatever evidence shows they are wrong. I saw a perfect example when I worked with a bunch of Republican rednecks at a car dealership. When discussing Gitmo one day I said torture is a very ineffective technique because people will say anything to get you to stop torturing them, and all the rednecks looked at each other and burst out laughing.
You can’t talk to people who think like that.

Nazimuddin Samad. RIP. Another free thinker, hacked to death, yesterday, by Islamists, in Bangladesh, while walking home from evening University. http://www.pen-international.org/newsitems/bangladesh-student-murdered-as-violence-against-free-thinkers-continues/ That makes 6 individual writers or activists murdered by Islamists in the last 14 months. Hacked to death with machetes. Doesn't seem like a nice way to go. But that is the price we pay for speaking truth. Oh wait, no it's not, unless we are in a predominately Muslim state where Islam is the State Religion.
Using what data do you determine that being killed for speaking against your state is exclusive to Muslims?
Nazimuddin Samad. RIP. Another free thinker, hacked to death, yesterday, by Islamists, in Bangladesh, while walking home from evening University. http://www.pen-international.org/newsitems/bangladesh-student-murdered-as-violence-against-free-thinkers-continues/ That makes 6 individual writers or activists murdered by Islamists in the last 14 months. Hacked to death with machetes. Doesn't seem like a nice way to go. But that is the price we pay for speaking truth. Oh wait, no it's not, unless we are in a predominately Muslim state where Islam is the State Religion.
Using what data do you determine that being killed for speaking against your state is exclusive to Muslims? Did I say "that being killed for speaking against your state is exclusive to Muslims"? I don't think so. I simply haven't heard about Islamists hacking people (who say things that they don't like) to death, and getting away with it, in any secular societies. Granted, though, I hear if you promote homosexuality in Russia, you are subject to being brutalized, with little recourse. And Russia is pretty much a secular State (although, now, they have some despotic orthodox Christian influence). But no hacking to death AFAIK. And the subject of this thread is Islamic Fanaticism. As I am now an atheist, I enjoy being able to say so without fear of being horrendously murdered or executed. If Islam became the State religion in our country, this might no longer be the case, as it is no longer the case in Bangladesh. Muslims are good. Muslims are great. As long as their Islam doesn't pro-mote their hate.
Using what data do you determine that being killed for speaking against your state is exclusive to Muslims?
Samad was not killed for speaking against the state. He was killed for criticizing Islam. While there are conflicts where non-Muslims have committed atrocities on Muslims, clearly Muslims are overwhelmingly the champion when it comes to committing atrocities including murder for what they think is their almighty/religion/prophet; just look around the world.
Samad was not killed for speaking against the state. He was killed for criticizing Islam. While there are conflicts where non-Muslims have committed atrocities on Muslims, clearly Muslims are overwhelmingly the champion when it comes to committing atrocities including murder for what they think is their almighty/religion/prophet; just look around the world. Currently, yes, Muslims are at the top for the most institutionalized use of ancient scripture. I quit trying to do body counts through history to see who is worse because it doesn't matter. Religion ran the world until about 500 years ago, and we are still struggling. That's where I start the conversation.