India to Pakistan: Oops

India said on Friday it had accidentally fired a missile into Pakistan this week because of a “technical malfunction” during routine maintenance,

India says it accidentally fired a missile into Pakistan - CNN

Not much to say here … or should I say I’m at a loss for words!

So many buttons to push, so little oversight.
So little appreciation for cascading consequences.

The Exponential Function (see Albert Bartlett)

Albert who, never heard of him.

:scream:

You’ve got to be kidding! I’ve mentioned the name of this famous Professor Emeritus of the University of Colorado several times before because his message was prophetic, but based on simple mathematics;
the Exponential Function"

Are you telling me you have NOT listened to this “essential” lecture?

If you are not intimately familiar with that growth function you will be unable to understand the consequences of steady growth a subject that is dear to your heart.

I’m sure you have listened to his “must know” lecture, but for those readers who are not familiar with this, please do yourself a favor and listen to this easy lecture that explains just about every steady growth function of everything.
I promise that you will have an entirely new insight on almost everything that one encounters in just plain living.

For those who are familiar with the Exponential Function, they know what I am talking about.

Yes, I am kidding.
:no_mouth:
Not to be overly snarky I started sharing his videos around here (years ago) well before you did. Although I’m not finding the supporting evidence in the search function, but I’m quite sure 2018 wasn’t my first mention and I do see your first recorded mention is 2013, so I’ll call it a draw.

Oh and for the record, I first Iearned about him while in Denver early '90s - the topic and his message rang such a loud and clear message that made sense and I started sharing his work with others.
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like