I'll take this test on bias, morality and ethics. Will you?

"The death penalty: does it deter crime?

Climate change: are humans responsible?

Guns: do their risks outweigh their benefits?

You might think your understanding of political issues is based on solid, unbiased facts. You might be wrong."

This article,

When it comes to politics, you’re not as rational as you think was linked to another article that came to one of my subscriptions just now. It seems very appropriate.

"People expect political opinions to be biased, but facts are supposed to be facts: verifiable, unbiased...(But) what's so striking is that the two sides have different sets of facts."
So, this is a study that's been going on for a few years. This particular article is from February 2016 (before Trump). It includes an online test.

I haven’t tried to access it yet … maybe it doesn’t work anymore. But if it does, I’ll take it soon and post my score.

Will you?

https://www.yourmorals.org/index.php

I took this a few years ago and have an account with them, but I don’t see any results of the quizzes I took. There are a lot of quizzes there. Which one are you wanting any of us to take?

I fall for clicking on things on the web, and filling out quizzes and such, all the time. But I am concerned re: putting out personal material that could be Cambridge Analyticized.

@Timb

I am concerned re: putting out personal material that could be Cambridge Analyticized.

Yeah. While I don’t see they want anything more invasive than Facebook or Amazon, I totally get that…

@mriana

Oh, crap. I see what you mean…

Thank you for commenting.

My apologies. I should have looked before I posted. I thought it was, like, one 10-minute quiz. I had no idea it was this complex, and that there were so many options.

I find this stuff fascinating. But I’m not feeling up to this sort of effort. I wouldn’t even know which ones to pick. And the site’s UI is clumsy and not Android-friendly.

So, for those reasons, I won’t be taking the quiz(zes) after all. My bad. But maybe someone here will, and report back to us.

Yeah, maybe on one of my days off, but not after work. Even so, if it is Cambridge, I don’t think I want to do any quizzes with them again. While I took some of yourmorals.org quizzes about 10 years ago, but not during the time when the dotard was running for the big house, I don’t think after the facebook/Cambridge thing I want to take any more, especially if they are Cambridge. Although it would be fun.

My apologies. I should have looked before I posted. I thought it was, like, one 10-minute quiz. I had no idea it was this complex, and that there were so many options.
The moral foundations questionnaire is the only one that matters. Haidt used data from that to compile differences in values between liberals and conservatives.

I took it a few years ago but it’s been revised since then; I’m sure it can’t have gotten any more boring so I’ll do it.

My results. Wish I remembered my old login info so I could compare then and now.

Bar graphs suit you. But the legend does not say what the green bars stand for. That’s probably important.

I did this a while ago. I don’t think the data goes anywhere except for use by Haidt and his team but I should check into that more. I remember scoring high on purity, which was a surprise. I thought the questions were fun. One of the purity ones was something about gutting a deer on live television. I can’t explain exactly what my emotional reaction was, but the part about it being on LIVE television seemed to make it worse. That’s the whole idea of The Righteous Mind, we have reactions, then rationalize them.