How to handle an existential crisis?

There's nothing magical about being an accident,
And there's nothing magical about winning the Jack Pot either, but people sure do feel special and enjoy it when they do. Why not relax a little and try to enjoy the ride as well as you can?
2 days and we're back to the usual Tita.
I would think that people hear would understand how to deal with a crisis but I guess it doesn't seem so. We've told you repeatedly. Put on your big boys panties and face life. If you need help then seek counseling. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAx6PBz_lZ0

Titan, it sounds to me is if you are suffering from a serious anxiety disorder or Obsessive-Compulsive disorder. OCD reveals itself in many ways and includes various kinds of obsessions, not jist the obvious ones. Fortunately, there are treatments for both disorders through a psychiatrist or psychologist. Anti anxiety drugs may help. You won’t be able treat it yourself. It will only get worse. You have begun to obseess over your obsessions.
Lois

Titan, it sounds to me is if you are suffering from a serious anxiety disorder or Obsessive-Compulsive disorder. OCD reveals itself in many ways and includes various kinds of obsessions, not jist the obvious ones. Fortunately, there are treatments for both disorders through a psychiatrist or psychologist. Anti anxiety drugs may help. You won't be able treat it yourself. It will only get worse. You have begun to obseess over your obsessions. Lois
It thought it had something to do with the things I have read which made it happen, but maybe you have a point. It's just that I hear alot of people discounting mental issues as psychiatry just looking for meds to sell or that it's the questions you are wrestling with and not the condition.
Titan, it sounds to me is if you are suffering from a serious anxiety disorder or Obsessive-Compulsive disorder. OCD reveals itself in many ways and includes various kinds of obsessions, not jist the obvious ones. Fortunately, there are treatments for both disorders through a psychiatrist or psychologist. Anti anxiety drugs may help. You won't be able treat it yourself. It will only get worse. You have begun to obseess over your obsessions. Lois
It thought it had something to do with the things I have read which made it happen, but maybe you have a point. It's just that I hear alot of people discounting mental issues as psychiatry just looking for meds to sell or that it's the questions you are wrestling with and not the condition. Unfortunately, psychiatry, like everything else, requires that the patient makes some decisions about whether or not they are doing a good job. But at least the psychiatrist has a license, unlike the things you read on the internet, which are written by who knows who or in the case of Charles Manson, someone who is literally insane.

Looks like one of my posts was deleted without telling me or indicating here that it was removed. Can someone explain please? Do we censor to the point of deletion on this forum?

Looks like one of my posts was deleted without telling me or indicating here that it was removed. Can someone explain please? Do we censor to the point of deletion on this forum?
I have not deleted posts on this forum, with the exception of a few spammers. I don't believe that the spam filter works by deleting posts that already exist.
It thought it had something to do with the things I have read which made it happen, but maybe you have a point. It's just that I hear alot of people discounting mental issues as psychiatry just looking for meds to sell or that it's the questions you are wrestling with and not the condition. Unfortunately, psychiatry, like everything else, requires that the patient makes some decisions about whether or not they are doing a good job. But at least the psychiatrist has a license, unlike the things you read on the internet, which are written by who knows who or in the case of Charles Manson, someone who is literally insane. But we are talking about ideas that have been wrestled with. I just find it difficult to reconcile the cosmic meaninglessness that is all around me. I think Camus stated that it was being a meaning seeking creature in a universe void of any and unwilling to surrender any.
It thought it had something to do with the things I have read which made it happen, but maybe you have a point. It's just that I hear alot of people discounting mental issues as psychiatry just looking for meds to sell or that it's the questions you are wrestling with and not the condition. Unfortunately, psychiatry, like everything else, requires that the patient makes some decisions about whether or not they are doing a good job. But at least the psychiatrist has a license, unlike the things you read on the internet, which are written by who knows who or in the case of Charles Manson, someone who is literally insane. But we are talking about ideas that have been wrestled with. I just find it difficult to reconcile the cosmic meaninglessness that is all around me. I think Camus stated that it was being a meaning seeking creature in a universe void of any and unwilling to surrender any. Why does there have to be any purposet in life? Does your happiness really rely on there being a meaning? I just don't get this obsession. If you really do struggle with no resolution, then talk with a therapist. Also, I don't think you appreciate the liability factor here. Maybe if you repeatedly assure everyone that you're not self destructive then you might get better responses.

I’m not intent on killing myself, I’ve been to that edge many times and never did it. But I am tired of this popping into my head all the time.
The inherent meaninglessness of life, how the world we have built only matters to us, the very things we live and die for are just our own constructs (some would go so far as to call them illusions). The things we assign value to don’t matter to anything but us, I believe some called it an anthrocentric view of reality, that humans occupy some sort of special place. Or how we really just spend a great deal of time solving problems of our own creation and squabbles between each other. I look at the amount of hatred and division and I don’t understand it. I mean everyone is human right? I don’t really understand countries and borders, it just seems like lines on a map to me.
It’s like I’m looking at the world I was a part of through a snow globe, it seems rather alien now and I’m not sure if I can go back. It’s hard to let go of that whole cosmic perspective and return to a view of reality that puts us at the center.

It's hard to let go of that whole cosmic perspective and return to a view of reality that puts us at the center.
There is no view of reality that puts us at the center. The universe has no center.
It's hard to let go of that whole cosmic perspective and return to a view of reality that puts us at the center.
There is no view of reality that puts us at the center. The universe has no center. Not like a physical center, but rather when we view reality we tend to think of humans and what we do as something special.
There is no view of reality that puts us at the center. The universe has no center. Not like a physical center, but rather when we view reality we tend to think of humans and what we do as something special. That isn't viewing reality, it is a fantasy born of ego and perpetuated by religions.
There is no view of reality that puts us at the center. The universe has no center. Not like a physical center, but rather when we view reality we tend to think of humans and what we do as something special. That isn't viewing reality, it is a fantasy born of ego and perpetuated by religions. Do not in any way confuse what I say here with sympathy for Titanomachina. Darron has it right, in reality, we are just another species that will go extinct like every other species, we have no special place in the universe. This is the conclusion of all of the knowledge we currently have. We found out the stars do not revolve around us, rather we are just hurtling through space and spinning around with no particular place to go. This did great harm to the control of religion, but we still have not begun to really deal with it. We have gone from thinking the forces that be will work in our favor to finding out we are the cause of our own destruction, but we still have ourselves at the center of the story. I see people dealing with this in a number of ways. Titanomachina's version is one of the sadder ones, asking for deliberate ignorance, knowing his old worldview was wrong, but wanting it back. Others have fallen into the well of fake news, believing conspiracy theories, or that we will be either be destroyed or saved by a secret cabal. Even better, aliens. That's it for now, my new bumper sticker, "Prefer Reality".
This happened to me in my 30's (46 now). Eventually I came to realize something that made my life worth living. I beat 500+ million sperm to exist so I have to prove to myself why I deserve to exist. Why? Who or what is forcing you to prove yourself? btw I wasn't the first to reach the egg. I was number 2. Think about the fact that your mother and father, and all your ancestors had to beat these odds, lest you not exist. It's amazing if you think about all the improbabilities of you not existing, and reflect it to the fact that you are here now. If your father decided for one second to lay a fart before conception, you may have not been born. DON'T LET ALL YOUR IMPROBABILITY GO TO WASTE! If you can't appreciate your odds then tell me why it's all not worth it.
It isn't. You've got a limited time of trying to understand the universe around you. That's all you get and it's all anyone gets. Either enjoy it and make the best of it or continue to obsess over the possibility that it may come to an end. If it's going to end it will end whether you have figured anything out or not. It's out of your hands. You're wasting the time you have. Fsh or cut bait.
This happened to me in my 30's (46 now). Eventually I came to realize something that made my life worth living. I beat 500+ million sperm to exist so I have to prove to myself why I deserve to exist. Why? Who or what is forcing you to prove yourself? btw I wasn't the first to reach the egg. I was number 2. Think about the fact that your mother and father, and all your ancestors had to beat these odds, lest you not exist. It's amazing if you think about all the improbabilities of you not existing, and reflect it to the fact that you are here now. If your father decided for one second to lay a fart before conception, you may have not been born. DON'T LET ALL YOUR IMPROBABILITY GO TO WASTE! If you can't appreciate your odds then tell me why it's all not worth it.
It isn't. You've got a limited time of trying to understand the universe around you. That's all you get and it's all anyone gets. Either enjoy it and make the best of it or continue to obsess over the possibility that it may come to an end. If it's going to end it will end whether you have figured anything out or not. It's out of your hands. You're wasting the time you have. Fsh or cut bait. I said I had to prove it to myself. I never mentioned that anyone is forcing me. I put high regards to being lucky enough to exist. Why does this bother you so much?
It isn't. You've got a limited time of trying to understand the universe around you. That's all you get and it's all anyone gets. Either enjoy it and make the best of it or continue to obsess over the possibility that it may come to an end. If it's going to end it will end whether you have figured anything out or not. It's out of your hands. You're wasting the time you have. Fsh or cut bait. I said I had to prove it to myself. I never mentioned that anyone is forcing me. I put high regards to being lucky enough to exist. Why does this bother you so much? Because you keep whining about it. I have no objection yo your holding that opinion if you'd keep it to yourself. If you present it here, expect a negative response. Lois
It isn't. You've got a limited time of trying to understand the universe around you. That's all you get and it's all anyone gets. Either enjoy it and make the best of it or continue to obsess over the possibility that it may come to an end. If it's going to end it will end whether you have figured anything out or not. It's out of your hands. You're wasting the time you have. Fsh or cut bait. I said I had to prove it to myself. I never mentioned that anyone is forcing me. I put high regards to being lucky enough to exist. Why does this bother you so much? Because you keep whining about it. I have no objection yo your holding that opinion if you'd keep it to yourself. If you present it here, expect a negative response. Lois Whining about WHAT? :) You are making absolutely NO SENSE what-so-ever. It's completely idiotic to tell people to keep their opinions to themselves, on a forum that is strictly based on peoples opinions.

Lois, you seem to be confusing Tita and Ex

Lois, you seem to be confusing Tita and Ex
:lol: :lol: :lol: