How does CFI appoint itself?

highflyertoo,
IMHO, you are going about this the wrong way. You cannot expect being welcomed when you enter a house with critisism on its architecture.
I’d really like to hear about your experience and data that may support your claim from a historical or even scientific viewpoint. IOW. do not ask people to just believe your experience, but present evidence in science which may support your subjective experience or at least justify your beliefs.
Presenting a controversial subject is “hard work” and requires dedication and willingness to “listen” and critically analyze your own work before you allow others to critically examine your claim.
Can you start a thread in the Paranormal forum? Perhaps your experience is not supernatural at all, but just an extraordinary natural event which may offer a new perspective.
Keep in mind that “gravity” (an unseen field that affects everything in the universe) was experienced by Newton when observing an apple falling down instead of up and asking “why do all solid objects fall down” (while smoke rises up).
I am slowly putting together a remarkable similarity between the holography of the human brain and quantum holography of the universe.
Being that I am not a learned scientist (layman), you can well imagine the wringer I will face from several sources (hopefully). But I won’t post until I have prepared myself best as I can to “defend” my claim.
If you want a serious discussion on your experience, state your claim and be prepared to defend it from with “known science” and “links to reliable sites” which are pertinent to your claim.
btw. the term “critical thinking”. It does not mean “critisism from ignorance”, on the contrary.

Bing Dictionary, critical thinking; 1.type of critical analysis: disciplined intellectual criticism that combines research, knowledge of historical context, and balanced judgment
If you want to blame or attack anyone try CFI's number one paranormal investigator Joe Nickell. He's debunked many an extraordinary claim, including the infamous "Shroud of Turin". you might even read one of his books or pick up a copy of Carroll's The Skeptics Dictionary to start. Of course you could just chuck skepticism aside and believe in what you preceive you see or hear. If the latter then I strongly suggest a visit to your physician. Cap't Jack
And what particular physician would you suggest to put my head straight? 1) Non religious practicing physician 2) Religious practicing physician 3) Other "Other". A physician who understands critical thinking and psychiatric disorders such as delusions and obsessions. A non-religious psychiatrist would fit fit the bill. Lois

W4U could you please ignore the spell check in regards to Christopher’s surname… it’s Hitchens :wink:

If you want to blame or attack anyone try CFI's number one paranormal investigator Joe Nickell. He's debunked many an extraordinary claim, including the infamous "Shroud of Turin". you might even read one of his books or pick up a copy of Carroll's The Skeptics Dictionary to start. Of course you could just chuck skepticism aside and believe in what you preceive you see or hear. If the latter then I strongly suggest a visit to your physician. Cap't Jack
I may try to contact Joe Nickell to see if he can lay an enticing trap for the shadow monster entities. Thanks Just noticed Joe doesn't have an email address and can't do one on one...... so he's no longer an option.
And what particular physician would you suggest to put my head straight? 1) Non religious practicing physician 2) Religious practicing physician 3) Other "Other". A physician who understands critical thinking and psychiatric disorders such as delusions and obsessions. A non-religious psychiatrist would fit fit the bill. Lois Why not an independent?Isn't being neutral the real skeptical approach?