Hector Berlioz

Disgusting. This guy has been one of my least favorite classical composers, and I just learned he was an atheist. Guess I’ll stop changing the station when his music is played.
Occam

I hear his stuff in elevators, right?

I hear his stuff in elevators, right?
I never have. Heard his stuff in elevators, that is. I've never really dug his stuff, although I do respect it. More because he helped to propagate some important ideas in European music at the time: larger orchestras, writing for the iinstruments more aggressively and using "ugly" notes (notes which were avoided before because they're outside of the "pretty" range) and organizing a multi-movement symphony around leitmotifs.

I was being snarky. Berlioz ins’t one of my favorites either. He’s always seemed to me a watered down John Cage.

I don’t see why you should start listening to his music simply because he’s an atheist. That’s little different than going on a killing spree because some famous mass-murderers happened to be atheists, or rooted for your favorite football team. (Even if you’re joking Occam, I know of plenty of people who’ll suddenly stop hating a famous person, once they find out that person shares something in common with them.)

I am sure Occam is not such a person and I am sure he was joking–as I am sure you already knew.

Disgusting. This guy has been one of my least favorite classical composers, and I just learned he was an atheist. Guess I'll stop changing the station when his music is played. Occam
How about Johannes Brahms or Franz Liszt? Rumors of their atheism circulate occasionally, although I'm not sure how accurate they are.