Have we lost something in our history?

http://9-1.huntergatherers.org/
It seems that according to the above, over the course of human evolution we have lost something important while has left some kind of psychological void in us all that we have never fully repaired. Can this be true?

Nope we haven’t, the void you seek is the one where your heart should be.
After all you’re the “person” who thinks we should kill off most people for some idiot reason.

Nope we haven't, the void you seek is the one where your heart should be. After all you're the "person" who thinks we should kill off most people for some idiot reason.
Can an actual user give a reply to this?

Well, I’ll take a stab at it. Essays like this tend to focus on the one thing the author is trying to say and ignore things that contract him. Hunter gatherers may have been nurturing of their young, but it there was a food shortage, they would have no problem leaving them out in the woods to die. In other words, we may have “lost” some things, but we have gained other things. Our culture has evolved, I think for the better, but that’s certainly a debatable issue.

Yep. Typical Tita short sighted analysis. Sorry bud, gotta do some tough love on you here. You read things in isolation. The world is complicated and a lot of people are out to manipulate you by saying you should look at these facts and not those facts. I can tell you are broadening your perspective, but you still, as you say, “get stuck”.
To the article itself, which I just skimmed and could tell it is mostly useless, think about the modern version of nurturing our young. We are currently debating whether or not all of society should contribute to a general fund that women could then draw on to support them during childbirth and pregnancy. It’s called universal health care. Some heartless men actually think they shouldn’t have to pay into something that provides services they will never use. I don’t need anyone to look at my vagina, because I don’t have one, but I need people using that thing to make babies, so someone can take care of me when I’m old. Hunter gatherers knew his, and I think the vast majority of people still understand it, but a few people, some who are elected officials, some who have talk shows don’t. Don’t get sucked in by them.

But the bibliography of the page is pretty extensive. How do you know it’s not true? There are actual links provided to the sources used. How can I be sure that it isn’t true without a contradictory source?

Maybe you should look up those references, that would be the best answer. But you are doing it backwards.you don’t first decode it is right because there is a bibliography. At best,you see it has some merit, but your agreement with it should be provisional until you understand it and have verified it.

Well there is this book by a Harvard professor who has been published in nature quite a few times, but it’s more like biology than psychology.

There are lots of books. This is a discussion forum. Learn to discuss things, not just point to book titles.

http://9-1.huntergatherers.org/ It seems that according to the above, over the course of human evolution we have lost something important while has left some kind of psychological void in us all that we have never fully repaired. Can this be true?
Not true at all. This seems like a let's go back to eden thing. The writer might have a psychological void, but humanity doesn't. Evolutionarily speaking, most of us probably aren't genetically equipped for an HG lifestyle even if we wanted to return to that. 4000 yrs of agricultural society has shaped us into something different.
http://9-1.huntergatherers.org/ It seems that according to the above, over the course of human evolution we have lost something important while has left some kind of psychological void in us all that we have never fully repaired. Can this be true?
Not true at all. This seems like a let's go back to eden thing. The writer might have a psychological void, but humanity doesn't. Evolutionarily speaking, most of us probably aren't genetically equipped for an HG lifestyle even if we wanted to return to that. 4000 yrs of agricultural society has shaped us into something different. In addition, I don't see how the world's population, or even a substantial percentage of it, can suddenly "decide" to go back to being hunter/gatherers. It took thousands of years of evolution to make us agrarians. Can we "decide" to change evolution? "Archaeological data indicates that the domestication of various types of plants and animals evolved in separate locations worldwide, starting in the geological epoch of the Holocene around 12,500 years ago.It was the world's first historically verifiable revolution in agriculture. The Neolithic Revolution greatly narrowed the diversity of foods available, with a switch to agriculture which led to a downturn in human nutrition. "The Neolithic Revolution involved far more than the adoption of a limited set of food-producing techniques. During the next millennia it would transform the small and mobile groups of hunter-gatherers that had hitherto dominated human pre-history into sedentary (non-nomadic) societies based in built-up villages and towns. These societies radically modified their natural environment by means of specialized food-crop cultivation (with e.g. irrigation and deforestation) which allowed extensive surplus food production." https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neolithic_Revolution

If history is a record of what actually happened, what can we have lost?