German plane crash

For all the speculation about the German plane crash in the French Alps very little has been said about the possibility of terrorism. The more I hear the more I suspect it was terrorism–either someone --a passenger or a crew member–or seeral–was able to take control of the plane–or it could have been the pilot(s) who was a terrorist? They have yet to name the pilots. Does either have a Muslim name? Are either a Muslim? Nobody has said one way or the other. Why not? It would not be the first time that a pilot crashed a plane. Why the silence on this? Are the media afraid to be politically incorrect and point to even the possibility of Islamic terrorism? (“Oh, no, don’t even mention the possibility of Islamic terrorism. That would be unfair, most Muslims are peaceful.”) I think the silence on this issue is deafening. Why not talk about the possibility even to dismiss it? They have talked every other possibility to death and have suspiciously avoided mentioning Islamic terrorism. Why?
Tell me, does anyone think I am off base here to ask these questions?
L

Or, we could wait for the black box tape to reveal the facts. IMO it looks like an autopilot malfunction, engine failure or something knocked out the cockpit crew. It’s actually too early to tell. And then again, due to the destruction of the aircraft we may never know.
Cap’t Jack

holy shit lois! I’ll admit my first reaction reading your post was to roll my eyes -
but admit to knowing literally nothing about the crash except that it happened.
Just now I check the internet… jezzz

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/world/europe/germanwings-airbus-crash.html?_r=0
A senior French military official involved in the investigation described a “very smooth, very cool" conversation between the pilots during the early part of the flight from Barcelona, Spain, to Düsseldorf, Germany. Then the audio indicated that one of the pilots left the cockpit and could not re-enter.
“The guy outside is knocking lightly on the door, and there is no answer," the investigator said. “And then he hits the door stronger, and no answer. There is never an answer."
He said, “You can hear he is trying to smash the door down."
While the audio seemed to give some insight into the circumstances leading to the Germanwings crash on Tuesday morning, it also left many questions unanswered.

The data from the voice recorder seems only to deepen the mystery surrounding the crash and provides no indication of the condition or activity of the pilot who remained in the cockpit. The descent from 38,000 feet over about 10 minutes was alarming but still gradual enough to indicate that the twin-engine Airbus A320 had not been damaged catastrophically. At no point during the descent was there any communication from the cockpit to air traffic controllers or any other signal of an emergency.
When the plane plowed into craggy mountains northwest of Nice,

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/mar/26/germanwings-plane-crash-investigation-press-conference-live-updates-4u9525 53m ago 10:23 Lufthansa press conference summary Heres a summary of the Lufthansa press conference, largely given by the company chief executive, Carsten Spohr. Lufthansa confirmed that co-pilot Andreas Lubitz appeared to have prevented the captain from re-entering the cabin after a toilet break, and placed the Airbus A320 into the dive that resulted in the crash that killed all 150 on board. Spohr said the company was in complete shock. It was “beyond our worst nightmare", he told reporters in Cologne. “It leaves us absolutely speechless," he said. “I wouldn’t not have been able to imagine that the situation would have got even worse." ... Spohr said that it appears the captain punched in the emergency number into the cockpit door to gain entry, but the co-pilot deployed the five-minute over-ride. He said that, irrespective of all the sophisticated safety devices, “you can never exclude such an individual event", adding “no system in the world could manage to do that". ...
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/torn-up-sick-notes-show-crash-pilot-should-have-been-grounded/ ..."The fact there are sick notes saying he was unable to work, among other things, that were found torn up, which were recent and even from the day of the crime, support the assumption based on the preliminary examination that the deceased hid his illness from his employer and his professional colleagues," the German prosecutors said. They found no suicide note or confession, "nor was there any evidence of a political or religious background to what happened", they added. Lubitz's mental health - and what Germanwings and parent company Lufthansa knew about it - could become central questions in any future legal case over the crash. Under German law, employees are required to inform their employers immediately if they are unable to work. ...

Latest news is the copilot had mental issues and committed suicide by crashing the plane.

holy shit lois! I'll admit my first reaction reading your post was to roll my eyes - but admit to knowing literally nothing about the crash except that it happened. Just now I check the internet… jezzz
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/world/europe/germanwings-airbus-crash.html?_r=0 A senior French military official involved in the investigation described a “very smooth, very cool" conversation between the pilots during the early part of the flight from Barcelona, Spain, to Düsseldorf, Germany. Then the audio indicated that one of the pilots left the cockpit and could not re-enter. “The guy outside is knocking lightly on the door, and there is no answer," the investigator said. “And then he hits the door stronger, and no answer. There is never an answer." He said, “You can hear he is trying to smash the door down." While the audio seemed to give some insight into the circumstances leading to the Germanwings crash on Tuesday morning, it also left many questions unanswered. ---- The data from the voice recorder seems only to deepen the mystery surrounding the crash and provides no indication of the condition or activity of the pilot who remained in the cockpit. The descent from 38,000 feet over about 10 minutes was alarming but still gradual enough to indicate that the twin-engine Airbus A320 had not been damaged catastrophically. At no point during the descent was there any communication from the cockpit to air traffic controllers or any other signal of an emergency. When the plane plowed into craggy mountains northwest of Nice,
Yes, now we know that it was deliberate, though probably not terrorism. However we don't yet know the perptrator's contacts. We know he was mentally ill, but so are terrorist suicide bombers. Mental illness can be triggered by religious fervor. Also, whatever the diagnosis that resulted in the doctor saying he was unfit to fly could have pushed him over the edge. His flying career and employment would be effectively over. Unstable people who have lost their jobs frequently commit suicide. Too bad he decided to take 150 other people with him. I would say there is a good chance he did this in anger, to "get back" at his employers and the doctor and whoever and whatever else his sick mind thought was involved in ruining his life. Lois
I would say there is a good chance he did this in anger, to "get back" at his employers and the doctor and whoever and whatever else his sick mind thought was involved in ruining his life. Lois
Yea, too much of that running around these days. Shades of the rat crowding experiments… … yet more evidence that we evolved from rats. :grrr:
I would say there is a good chance he did this in anger, to "get back" at his employers and the doctor and whoever and whatever else his sick mind thought was involved in ruining his life. Lois
Yea, too much of that running around these days. Shades of the rat crowding experiments… Very good point. Those experiments were probably on to something.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3015504/I-m-planning-heinous-act-remembered-forever-Killer-pilot-s-ex-girlfriend-says-shared-chilling-prophecy-Alps-crash-woke-nightmares-shouting-going-down.html#ixzz3VhkPPCYl
The “Daily Mail” isn’t the most reputable source, but here’s speculation that sexual problems were contributing to his instability as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3015504/I-m-planning-heinous-act-remembered-forever-Killer-pilot-s-ex-girlfriend-says-shared-chilling-prophecy-Alps-crash-woke-nightmares-shouting-going-down.html#ixzz3VhkPPCYl The "Daily Mail" isn't the most reputable source, but here's speculation that sexual problems were contributing to his instability as well.
Or vice versa. Lois

Its becoming very unlikely that Lubitz was any sort of religious terrorist. Recent evidence is showing some blatant history of psychological illness:

1. Underwent treatment for severe depression during flight training. http://www.lufthansagroup.com/en/press/news-releases/singleview/archive/2015/march/31/article/3485.html
  2. Was documented as having suicidal tendencies. http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/germanwings-flight-4u9525-flight-school-knew-of-depressive-episode-1.3015984
  3. Was sexually confused - possibly a closeted gay man. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/germanwings-killer-andreas-lubitz-trawled-5420880