For Trek Fans ( mriana and psike take notice) , some very good fan based new TOS Episodes

I thought this was going to be a crappy imitation but some serious Star Trek fans have made new episodes based on The Original Series commonly referred to as TOS. The acting is a bit campy ( but so was the original) but its uncanny how accurately they reproduced the original sets and incorporated all the original music and sounds and even managed to coax some of the guest actors from the original show to appear. They even got Marina Sirtis from The Next generation to do the voice of the computer.
For anyone who is interested you can stream the episodes at this site: Star Trek Continues

Yes I’ve seen a couple of these episodes, and they’re great! And if the guy playing Sulu seems familiar, it’s Grant from “Mythbusters”!

Thanks. I knew he looked familiar but couldn’t figure out where from. I have been very pleasantly surprised with the episodes. They do a great job of recapturing the spirit of the original series especially the Lolani episode which addresses social issues as TOS often did. Its too bad they’ve only produced 5 episodes but I guess you can only do so much when you have a full time job and this is just a labor of love. I am still amazed how accurate the sets and special effects are for a project that has a miniscule budget, especially when the original series was partly cancelled due to cost.

I knew about them. I watched Pilgrim of Eternity out of curiosity.
I find it interesting that there is a demand for TOS episodes but I would rather watch DS9 reruns.
The 60s are long gone. They can stay gone.
psik

Funny how we all see things a little differently. I have watched every episode of every Star Trek series ( and every movie) multiple times except for DS9. I must have tried starting that series 10 times over the years and especially since its now on Netflix but I just can’t get into it. I find the characters incredibly boring or annoying ( Why would anyone want to see Ferengi on a weekly basis) and the whole idea of a space exploration show that takes place on a space station which sits in one place seems like an oxymoron. I think I have seen a grand total of 15 episodes but every time I try to watch it it’s just can’t stay interested.
I’ve tried watching it because it is Star Trek and because other fans seem to like it but so far I can’t agree. I’ll have to give it a try again one of these days if I can find a Ferengi filter.

mcgyver,
Thanks for your hint!
I watched both episodes, and I liked them. The actors do not match the original crew, but the rest is perfect. Nostalgia!
And I fully agree on DS9. I only saw 2 episodes, and did not want to see more. Maybe I have to find one episode where Nicole de Boer plays a role. (Just look at my nick and guess what my last name is…)

I must have tried starting that series 10 times over the years and especially since its now on Netflix but I just can't get into it.
And I fully agree on DS9. I only saw 2 episodes, and did not want to see more.
LOL I like Babylon 5 better than Star Trek and the rumor is that the basis of DS9 was stolen from B5. http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/02/is-this-the-smoking-gun-proving-deep-space-nine-ripped-off-babylon-5 It seems that many Trekkies like DS9 the least of the series. Gene Roddenberry's future is just unrealistically squeaky clean to me. DS9 with religious fanatics and terrorists is more plausible to me than the goody two shoes Federation. psik
I must have tried starting that series 10 times over the years and especially since its now on Netflix but I just can't get into it.
And I fully agree on DS9. I only saw 2 episodes, and did not want to see more.
LOL I like Babylon 5 better than Star Trek and the rumor is that the basis of DS9 was stolen from B5. http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/02/is-this-the-smoking-gun-proving-deep-space-nine-ripped-off-babylon-5 It seems that many Trekkies like DS9 the least of the series. Gene Roddenberry's future is just unrealistically squeaky clean to me. DS9 with religious fanatics and terrorists is more plausible to me than the goody two shoes Federation. psik Now I understand your avatar :-) one of the edgier TOS episodes. Trek without the altruism and humanity. Interesting choice of character though. Spock was the one character from the mirror universe who didn't believe in the mirror universe ideals
Now I understand your avatar :-) one of the edgier TOS episodes. Trek without the altruism and humanity. Interesting choice of character though. Spock was the one character from the mirror universe who didn't believe in the mirror universe ideals
Yeah, I really loved it when Mirror Spock told Kirk he had orders to kill him. :lol: psik

Star Trek Continues E03 “Fairest of Them All”

A sequel to the Mirror, Mirror episode.
psik

Star Trek Continues E03 "Fairest of Them All" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJf2ovQtI6w A sequel to the Mirror, Mirror episode. psik
Thanks for the heads up. i wasn't aware they had put out a new episode. Mirror, Mirror was a natural one to do given how the original ended.

I haven’t seen those yet. However, I thought Enterprise and the 2 most recent movies were NOT Star Trek. I was very disappointed in the 2 most recent movies because they were not at all in line with Gene’s vision, IMO. The first one seemed too much like Star Wars to me, among other things. I many gripes about the two movies, which many of my lifelong Star Trek loving friends seem to agree with.
That said, I’ll take a look at these fan made movies as my time permits, because I dearly loved “Of Gods and Men” made by Renegades, a fan group, and used some Star Trek actors. To me that was very much as Star Trek should be, not necessarily using the some of the same actors, but the plot, story line, theme, etc was very much in line with Gene’s vision. I suspect, since these are fan made, unlike the two recent movies, they will be much better, maybe as good as “Of Gods and Men”.

I haven't seen those yet. However, I thought Enterprise and the 2 most recent movies were NOT Star Trek. I was very disappointed in the 2 most recent movies because they were not at all in line with Gene's vision, IMO. The first one seemed too much like Star Wars to me, among other things. I many gripes about the two movies, which many of my lifelong Star Trek loving friends seem to agree with. That said, I'll take a look at these fan made movies as my time permits, because I dearly loved "Of Gods and Men" made by Renegades, a fan group, and used some Star Trek actors. To me that was very much as Star Trek should be, not necessarily using the some of the same actors, but the plot, story line, theme, etc was very much in line with Gene's vision. I suspect, since these are fan made, unlike the two recent movies, they will be much better, maybe as good as "Of Gods and Men".
I think you will really like these Mriana. They stay very true to TOS ( although the McCoy actor is a bit paunchy). The story lines are very much what you would have expected from the original series.

I’ll definitely check out the videos then. Thanks :slight_smile: