Flow of vital energy?

Hi,
How do you get your vital energy? How can it possibly be drained, obstructed?
By vital energy I mean some life force, will to reproduce etc (generally in contrast to depression). It isn’t just a short temporary emotional state of mind.
I’ve heard some theories:

• nothing can drain our energy; there might be some difficulties getting it;
  • positive people who are able to get their energy themselves might be helpful,
  • there are emotional/energy vampires.
    What do you think about it? Any theories, opinions?

Hi, How do you get your vital energy? How can it possibly be drained, obstructed? By vital energy I mean some life force, will to reproduce etc (generally in contrast to depression). It isn’t just a short temporary emotional state of mind. I’ve heard some theories: - nothing can drain our energy; there might be some difficulties getting it; - positive people who are able to get their energy themselves might be helpful, - there are emotional/energy vampires. What do you think about it? Any theories, opinions?
Eat healthy foods, drink plenty of water, remember your body and mind is a machine of sorts, keep it active. Pay attention to it, and heed its warnings and allow it to heal itself. Don't take meds for fun. Moderation is a good thing, remember everything you put into your body, your body must process. Its worked great for giving me vital energy. My mom and pops and grandma had a lot to do with the 'vital' part, infusing me with a love and curiosity for this incredible Earth and existence that surrounds me. Yes there are emotional vampires and predators of every strip who will suck you dry if you give them the power over you. Get to understand yourself for who you are, work with that, don't try to emulate who/what you are not. Develop who/what YOU are.

Not sure what this has to do with “Pseudoscience and The Paranormal”
you can find all you need squarely within reality and the physical limits of Earth. :cheese:

Thanks for sharing your take on that topic.
I thought it’s rather paranormal (emotional vamipires etc), but we’re not going to argue :slight_smile:

... I thought it's rather paranormal (emotional vamipires etc),... :)
:lol: In my experience emotional vampires have more to do with hormones and gullibility than paranormal. :cheese:
Not sure what this has to do with "Pseudoscience and The Paranormal" you can find all you need squarely within reality and the physical limits of Earth. :cheese:
This may seem weird at first, but after consideration may shed some light on the subject: https://www.ted.com/talks/anil_seth_how_your_brain_hallucinates_your_conscious_reality

And if that lecture peaked your interest, this lecture by Dr. Hameroff (anesthesiologist) explains how consciousness actually occurs in the brain.

Please note the role of nano-tubulars play in consciousness from the simplest life forms without brains, to humans.

Not sure what this has to do with "Pseudoscience and The Paranormal" you can find all you need squarely within reality and the physical limits of Earth. :cheese:
This may seem weird at first, but after consideration may shed some light on the subject: https://www.ted.com/talks/anil_seth_how_your_brain_hallucinates_your_conscious_reality Thanks, interesting talk, well worth the listen, though it does bug me how these people seem to always try to diminish the physical world we are embedded in. The physical world out there is independent of us and what's happening in our heads, and our perception of it very much dependent on our thinking, our thinking being all wavy gravy does not make the physical world unfolding in relative independence of us all wavy gravy. But that's what I hear implied, sort of like the multi-universe theory or arguing about the reality of time, or even the direction of the arrow of time - when those things are about the math we use to describe the universe with more than about the universe itself.
Citizenschallenge said, Not sure what this has to do with "Pseudoscience and The Paranormal" you can find all you need squarely within reality and the physical limits of Earth. :cheese: This may seem weird at first, but after consideration may shed some light on the subject: https://www.ted.com/talks/anil_seth_how_your_brain_hallucinates_your_conscious_reality Thanks, interesting talk, well worth the listen, though it does bug me how these people seem to always try to diminish the physical world we are embedded in. The physical world out there is independent of us and what's happening in our heads, and our perception of it very much dependends on our thinking, our thinking being all wavy gravy does not make the physical world unfolding in relative independence of us all wavy gravy. But that's what I hear implied, sort of like the multi-universe theory or arguing about the reality of time, or even the direction of the arrow of time - when those things are about the math we use to describe the universe with more than about the universe itself.
I agree. But I think the main point was that our brains can only make "best guesses" of what we are looking at. This of course is due to the fact that our brains are limited in processing and storage power and often have to resort to associative information to come up with a coherent internal image. Imagine the fleeting stream of "information" which our brain must process. We have billions of neurons, but the information we receive is in the trillions. Thus we select out those pieces which make sense to us and put those together to form an internal image of what it is we are seeing or hearing, etc., which we then confirm by projecting our mental image and verify that we are indeed observing a specific object. Thus we create reality in our minds, evenas reality is independent from our brains. Insects and many other mammals actually live in a different reality. Insects can see infrared and sense pheromones, bats and whales use sonar to navigate, cuttlefish have the ability to shapeshift to blend in with their environment. Their world is completely different from ours, but it works just as well for them. IMO, it is part of the underlying concept of Relativity. Evolution has selected out only "functional" survival mechanisms. What intrigues me the most are the brainless organisms, such as the slime mold (a single celled polyp) which is able to 'sense" food and temperature and have a sense of time. If a brainless organism can have a sense of time, without a brain, then their sensory processing must happen at a different level, IMO. This is why Hameroff's concept that nano-tubulars them selves are tiny little computers with the ability to store information, in effect creating a "hive-mind", where the combinatory sensory parts of the body itself is the brain. When Seth declared that "we create our reality", I don't believe he meant that we actually create the physical objects, but "create" an internal "image" in our brains of the object, which of course exists independent of any "bad guesses". But these "uninformed" best guesses still exist in many cultures, especially in the more primitive societies which do not have access to science. In days of old, when "knowledge" was rudimentary, we "invented" gods for those things which we could not explain. We saw the lightning, we heard the thunder, but we didn't know about the true causality of these phenomena, so our "best guess" was it had to be caused by an "unseen" force, which became known as the god Thor, etc. Illnesses caused by bacteria or viruses were suspected to be caused by possession of "bad spirits", to be cured by exorcism. In the abstract these were reasonable assumptions in those times. As our knowledge increased we began to understand the physical and environmental causalities of these phenomena and gods began to disappear from the scene, one by one. But as no one knows the causality of the universe itself, we ended up with a "best guess" that only One God is responsible for the whole thing. But even in monostic societies, the One True God has many interpretations, which proves we are only "guessing" of what's out there. What intrigued me the most is that our own physical "control mechanism" is not sentient in the way we normally think. As Seth observed, we don't feel or know the locations of our internal organs which keep us alive, unless they go wrong. IMO, that is a remarkable division in brain functions, part functioning as conscious processing of external information, part sub-conscious processing of internal information.
But I think the main point was that our brains can only make "best guesses" of what we are looking at. This of course is due to the fact that our brains are limited in processing and storage power and often have to resort to associative information to come up with a coherent internal image.
Agreed, I was just nitpicking. You added an excellent explanation, one of the better things I've read around here in a while. Thanks.
When Seth declared that "we create our reality", I don't believe he meant that we actually create the physical objects, but "create" an internal "image" in our brains of the object, which of course exists independent of any "bad guesses".
True enough.

You may be interested in this positive development in harnessing solar energy.

Research Highlight The elementary approach to better solar cells © Dave and Les Jacobs/Blend Images/Getty © Dave and Les Jacobs/Blend Images/Getty A sprinkling of nitrogen atoms is behind the record-breaking efficiency of a low cost solar cell created by a team led by researchers at the East China University of Science and Technology. The team’s solar cell uses light-sensitive nanomaterials called quantum dots (QDs), which capture solar energy to generate electrons that are funnelled into an electric circuit to power a device or appliance. But just as important as the cell’s light capturing layer is its ‘counter electrode’. This part of the solar cell completes the electrical circuit by collecting returning electrons once they have passed through a device. So far, the most efficient QD solar cells have used a carbon counter electrode. The new work shows that adding small amounts of nitrogen to the carbon electrode slightly modifies its electrochemistry, enhancing its ability to pass returning electrons back into the solar cell. By incorporating nitrogen, the team boosted the cells’ efficiency from 11.6% to 12.1%, a new record for QD solar cells. Supported content The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters 8, 559–564 (2017). doi: 10.1021/acs.jpclett.6b02864
https://www.natureindex.com/article/10.1021/acs.jpclett.6b02864#highlight

Are you referring to energy as it relates to chakras? It is interesting to see how chakras align with nerve root collections in the body.

Are you referring to energy as it relates to chakras? It is interesting to see how chakras align with nerve root collections in the body.
Jen, how did you get from, "A sprinkling of nitrogen atoms is behind the record-breaking efficiency of a low cost solar cell..." to chakras?

I was referring back to the original post:
Hi,
How do you get your vital energy? How can it possibly be drained, obstructed?
By vital energy I mean some life force, will to reproduce etc (generally in contrast to depression). It isn’t just a short temporary emotional state of mind.
I’ve heard some theories:

• nothing can drain our energy; there might be some difficulties getting it;
  • positive people who are able to get their energy themselves might be helpful,
  • there are emotional/energy vampires.
    What do you think about it? Any theories, opinions?

Team Spam?

There is no “elan vital”. Life can emerge from a dynamical environment spontaneously and once established is subject to natural selection that acts as the mathematical system that selects for better adaptibility to and survivability in the local environment.

The natural result of this “passive” selection process yields the same result as the unsupported model of a “positive” causality to morphogenesis.