End of life, euthanasia, medically assisted death or suicide pill?

What does this mean? Who wants to avoid this? The person suffering, is the one who’s wishes should be heard.

The people who want to avoid the actively dying stage are the same ones in favor of Euthanasia.

Actively dying is when the body begins to shut down and the person can no longer retain their autonomy. They might live for days or even weeks without medical intervention, but someone still has to look after them until they die. The whole point of euthanasia is to avoid that.

Guy you can be such a vicious jerk. It’s not about the caregivers, it’s about the wishes of the dying.

No one is talking about eliminating hospice care!

This is about people’s wishes and legal instructions being honored!

This is kind of your thing, isn’t it. Seeing one tiny piece of a big picture and basing everything you say about it on that.

1 Like

Who said anything about eliminating hospice care? The point is the pro-euthanasia crowd wants to avoid things like hospice care.

Right now the point is your malicious gaslighting.

The pro-euthanasia crowd are citizens, who see a for profit medical and legal system run amok. I don’t want to be kept alive by bureaucrats and machines, I’ve lived my life and am plenty at peace with it, and with my inevitable death. Especial in these increasingly chaotic days.

We want control of our decisions and we expect that our decisions be honored. Especially when life decides to debilitate our bodies. Why are you so terrified of death? We get old, our bodies slowly whither away, then we die, (if we haven’t already done so), it’s a bitch, it’s sad, but it is what it’s always been.

Besides, it’s an honor to have made it this far, when so many we’ve loved haven’t, seems churlish to get all upset about that final payment to the Earth for a blessed life time of awareness like no other creature has been able to enjoy, in the whole of evolution. But there’s alway someone that needs to rain on parade, or out and out vandalize.

Why you gotta twist these matters into such vicious fever nightmares ?

Stop projecting.

You’re just yelling at clouds at this point.

1 Like

No I’m trying to get through to a guy who appears to be thick as a brick.

Here’s a taste of what all this is really about.

Tuesday, April 18, at 3 p.m. ET
There’s still time to register for As the End Nears: Dying With Kidney Failure . The second in our free As the End Nears web series will be held via Zoom on Tuesday, April 18.

See our original message below for more details. We hope to see you online next Tuesday!

Thanks,

Compassion & Choices

Understanding what death looks like gives each of us the tools to plan and prepare for it. We aim to demystify the dying process and in turn empower you to make the best decisions for your care.

Samantha Gelfand, M.D., nephrologist and hospice and palliative medicine physician, Harvard Medical School, will walk you through everything you need to know about dying from kidney failure.

Dr. Gelfand will join me for an in-depth conversation and Q&A.

Who: Dr. Samantha Gelfand in conversation with Dr. Susan Wilhoit and Dr. Cory Carroll
What: As the End Nears: Dying With Kidney Failure
When: Tuesday, April 18, at 3 p.m. ET
Where: Online from the comfort of your home
Cost: Free