Elon Musk and Absolute 'Free Speech'

The call to CENSOR is what the means of ‘misinformation’ do. In comparison, it ‘redirects’ ones attention onto their POLITICAL enemies. I have no problem knowing how to recognize ‘misinformation’ and don’t welcome the BELIEF that the ONLY means of fighting it is to censor. In fact, given my own relative isolation when speaking in ‘political’ forums as a liberal-sided defender, I seem to be very ABLE to appropriately alter the views of those extremes. The point is that the supposed NEED to censor is suspicious given that I don’t see where the actual investments to PARTICIPATE exist.

You are still being ‘short’ with me here. Why are you administrating a site that requires actual depth and logic to promote others to be more ‘skeptical’ when you come across as supporting faith over reasoning? Your curt responses are NOT ‘succinct’. Succinctness is a compression of something that minimally preserves what a longer argument holds. It is not a justified excuse to write less where it LACKS the ability to represent the ‘uncompressed’ essentials of an arugment.

I never said it should be the only tool.

As for being short, you are still being long. I’m mostly a participant. I have no obligation to engage with you. There is no rule that says I have sort out your entire gish gallop.

@lausten scottmayers is doing a lot of twisting of people words.

I wonder if Elon Musk would let anybody slander him without censorship.

Elon Musk eats babies and he does it in his spaceship in space. He launches the leftovers into deep space so no one can prove he is a cannibal!!!

Some twisting, but mostly responding to assumed thoughts in my head. Psychologists, or people who are skilled at conversing, call it “mind reading”. And I’ve seen people claiming I’m “reading their minds” too, especially in online conversations, so, hopefully I’m not guilty of that. It’s okay to make some assumptions, or to jump ahead in the conversation based on prior experience, but too much of it throws everything off.

This conversation is way beyond the point where people have realized they aren’t connecting. Scott just keeps piling it on though. So, he gets annoyed when I don’t respond to something like “why are YOU not noticing the risk?” I don’t know what to add to explain that I see the risk of a “filtering” program, and I see the risk of misinformation, and I’ve weighed the two.

Or, “That the mere fact of being able to redirect as censorship is itself INTOLERANT and seems to not bother you?” Not sure why he thinks I’m not bothered, or how he boils that down to a “mere fact”.

Thankyou? Credibility to debate relies on showing how other people’s words are ‘twisted’. I don’t use magic, I base my arguments on formal logic, and only use rhetoric to enhance it, not in place of it.

This was/is my concern too. He believes a way can be done that can remove his own bias using bots that are relatively independent from emotional bias.

No, you twist people’s words.

Yes, he’s very good at that. He’s been assuming a lot of things in my head that aren’t there in another thread, as well as twisting my words.

And if Musk interest in Tweeter was mostly business and money, the free speech debate being used to mask the true aims?

Yeah but if you think about it, that’s the number one Republican tactic, misrepresent what their “enemies” are actually saying and instead, project their own worst ideas upon others - with fabricated nonsense.

The difference between an honest constructive sciencie dialogue, as opposed to the GOP’s lawyerly, cynical, win at all costs debate for fun and profit, but never for truth or constructive learning.

1 Like

Anyone see the WSJ About his cartoon? If you can cut it paste it…

Eastern Ukraine autonomous republics are not fighting against Russia.

So, what you are saying is that these billion-dollar private news companies (excluding Fox) that are supposed to be in competition of the news dollars. Have all decide not to cover the Russian point of view. And the government has banned the Russian News. Just like the lab source, Russian Dossier, and the laptop. That along with the Democratic leadership may get us in a nuclear conflict. This isn’t rocket science. We have thousands and thousands of years of developing the Rules of Laws. So, who is not following the Rules of Laws. Russia or the US? How would the public know if the data is all one sided?

That is not the question. The question is if Eastern Ukraine is fighting against Ukraine.
If not, then Russia has no business “liberating” Eastern Ukraine.

Mexico is not trying to liberate Texas because there are a lot of Chicanos living there.
France is not liberating Eastern Canada, because the s[peak French there.
Russia is no better than NAZI Germany trying to "consolidate " its territory (lebensraum).

The problem is no one wants to join Russia. OTOH, lots of countries would love to join NATO, a voluntary defensive coop in order to avoid being usurped by Russia.

And from recent history (like yesterday) it is no wonder that independent countries fear Russia. They have been there and done that under Soviet rule and they don’t want to go back.

They cover it, they just don’t broadcast the state sponsored version of it

And the Solomon Islands want to enter into a defensive agreement with China, yet guess what? The US is most unhappy about that idea, yet Solomon Islands are a sovereign country and surely have as much right pursue their own defensive measures as Ukraine does, after all they are both sovereign countries are they not?

Finally NATO are not a “defensive” alliance, that is a lie, nothing more than a lie you’ve been told.

And do you see the US bombing the Solomon Islands into oblivion?

Finally NATO are not a “defensive” alliance, that is a lie, nothing more than a lie you’ve been told.

Give me an example of a single country that is being “occupied” against its will by NATO.

Do you want three (3) recent unwilling acquisitions by Russia?

You are the one listening to the Russian lies.

This is very true. They can’t even state or discuss the facts. It has to be “alternative facts”, which means lies and then their supporters believe the lies and then repeat them and you know what they say about lies… repeat it long enough and loud enough… Except those who know the truth won’t even get sucked into the lies if they stay focused on the real facts.

I argued that NATO is not a defensive alliance, if you disagree with that statement then just say so.

NATO currently have camp Bondsteel in Kosovo, a part of Serbia that was seized (with the help of the the terrorist KLA) against the will of the Serbian government after being bombed by the “defensive” NATO alliance in 1999. (Note - Serbia had not attacked any NATO member state, in fact they were our allies during WW2 and suffered under Fascism).

Consider:

Camp Bondsteel is not open to inspections by the Committee for the Prevention of Torture (CPT), which has the right to visit all “places of detention” of the member states of the Council of Europe. Negotiations with KFOR were underway but were suspended since Kosovo’s unilateral declaration of independence was not recognized by the Council of Europe.

The United States Army had been criticized for using the base as a detention facility housing detainees who were suspected of terrorism.[6] In November 2005, Álvaro Gil-Robles, the human rights envoy of the Council of Europe described the camp as a “smaller version of Guantanamo” following a visit.[7][8][9] The US Army denied the accusation and stated that there were no secret detention facilities in the Camp.[10]