Dr. Oz

The opposite of EBM is probably best characterized as "opinion-based medicine," in which individual clinicians derive opinions about interventions from the opinions and advice of mentors or opinion leaders and from their own experience, and the use of scientific research to inform these opinions is indirect, haphazard, and inconsistent.
Speaking of... one of my sons brought an app to my attention called 'SharePractice'. In concept is seemed good, they would list diseases and licensed medical people would weigh in on treatments they thought worked best and the reasons why. They checked my credentials when I signed up, and won't let you comment until your license has been verified. Unfortunately, it also takes Naturalpaths, homeopaths, Chiropractors and all sorts of quacks, and they seem to have taken over, promoting treatments which are totally ineffective and many downright dangerous. I am so sick of going to the site and giving one star ratings to everything, and some of they I have actually commented, "You have to be f*cking kidding me", because the suggestions seemed to be pulled out of someones ass, made no physiological/medial sense, and seemed to be promoted by someone unfamiliar with actual human physiology or biology. Quacks feeding quacks..
The opposite of EBM is probably best characterized as "opinion-based medicine," in which individual clinicians derive opinions about interventions from the opinions and advice of mentors or opinion leaders and from their own experience, and the use of scientific research to inform these opinions is indirect, haphazard, and inconsistent.
Speaking of... one of my sons brought an app to my attention called 'SharePractice'. In concept is seemed good, they would list diseases and licensed medical people would weigh in on treatments they thought worked best and the reasons why. They checked my credentials when I signed up, and won't let you comment until your license has been verified. Unfortunately, it also takes Naturalpaths, homeopaths, Chiropractors and all sorts of quacks, and they seem to have taken over, promoting treatments which are totally ineffective and many downright dangerous. I am so sick of going to the site and giving one star ratings to everything, and some of they I have actually commented, "You have to be f*cking kidding me", because the suggestions seemed to be pulled out of someones ass, made no physiological/medial sense, and seemed to be promoted by someone unfamiliar with actual human physiology or biology. Quacks feeding quacks.. How can they check the credentials of Homeopaths and Naturopaths? Do they actually have credentials??

Hey, you can buy anything on the Internet. I’m sure you can get any credential you want for a reasonable price. :lol:
Occam

Yes, there’s even a nascent board certification for “Integrative Medicine.” The value or meaning of specialization will certainly decline if it ceases to have meaning because any group can make up their own specialty and standards without regard to actual science.

How can they check the credentials of Homeopaths and Naturopaths? Do they actually have credentials??
I have no idea, but they asked for my license# before allowing me to post, and appear to have checked to make sure I was legit.
This man is nothing but a snake oil salesman and shows little if any respect for his profession.
I'd rather refer to him as "Dr." Ooze.
This man is nothing but a snake oil salesman and shows little if any respect for his profession.
I'd rather refer to him as "Dr." Ooze. Brilliant! It certainly fits!

A great critique of Oz by John Oliver. This is just too funny