Donald Trump's arbitrary, cruel ban on refugees from Muslim countries sets a chilling precedent

This is an indication of how the US is seen from abroad. Makes you proud to be an American, doesn't it? http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/donald-trump-refugee-ban-muslim-countries-christians-welcomerobert-fisk-a7550941.html
Here is a simple problem with the Independent. Do they call the USA or the UK a "Christian country"? If not, why are they calling those six countries 'Muslim countries'? I think the USA should amend the First Amendment to its constitution to truncate freedom of religion. Any religious edict that is unjust, hateful and barbaric should be shunned by the state. Of course, that amendment should be proposed and made possible by the progressive forces of the country. Neither Trump nor the Republican Party would be expected to do that any time soon. However, unfortunately, the otherwise more progressive Democratic Party is not progressive enough to do that. I also think that the USA should give "values test" to anyone coming to settle in this country; sorry, I disagree with the Independent here. For example, if you have any dream of Sharia law in the USA, you should not be allowed to come here; it may be difficult to read people's minds, but that is what the principle should be. In any case, I think the reality of the USA would make it go through some turmoil between regressive forces and the ones that would need to be true and objective to their progressive minds. Do you think that anyone who believes Sharia law shoud be the law of the US woukd admit it before entering the country? Muslims may be stupid, but they're not that stupid. Nobody can know what another person actually believes or doesn't believe. People will say anything if they thinks it's to their advantage.
When Jesus’s half-brother started the Christian wars, There were said to be 20 to 30 million deaths related to the war. Many fled the country and some ended up here in America because they wanted to go to a Christian country.
See amaya, this is what herons when you try to discuss something with Mike. He spouts nonsense. And as always, you have no answers. You just sit in judgement. If you had half a brain you would get the point of what I was making. That we do take in people, but just like people that came here from China, we do not always accept people because their religion might be the same. There are other facts to our prejudice. Yes, getting your point takes half a brain, or less.
And as always, you have no answers. You just sit in judgement. If you had half a brain you would get the point of what I was making. That we do take in people, but just like people that came here from China, we do not always accept people because their religion might be the same.
There is no answer to a ridiculous statement that Jesus' half brother started Christian wars that killed 20 million to 30 million people then fled to America.
There are other facts to our prejudice.
So you admit you are prejudiced. Thank you.
This is an indication of how the US is seen from abroad. Makes you proud to be an American, doesn't it? http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/donald-trump-refugee-ban-muslim-countries-christians-welcomerobert-fisk-a7550941.html
Here is a simple problem with the Independent. Do they call the USA or the UK a "Christian country"? If not, why are they calling those six countries 'Muslim countries'? I think the USA should amend the First Amendment to its constitution to truncate freedom of religion. Any religious edict that is unjust, hateful and barbaric should be shunned by the state. Of course, that amendment should be proposed and made possible by the progressive forces of the country. Neither Trump nor the Republican Party would be expected to do that any time soon. However, unfortunately, the otherwise more progressive Democratic Party is not progressive enough to do that. I also think that the USA should give "values test" to anyone coming to settle in this country; sorry, I disagree with the Independent here. For example, if you have any dream of Sharia law in the USA, you should not be allowed to come here; it may be difficult to read people's minds, but that is what the principle should be. In any case, I think the reality of the USA would make it go through some turmoil between regressive forces and the ones that would need to be true and objective to their progressive minds. Do you think that anyone who believes Sharia law should be the law of the US would admit it before entering the country? Muslims may be stupid, but they're not that stupid. Nobody can know what another person actually believes or doesn't believe. People will say anything if they thinks it's to their advantage. No, they would not admit. As I already said, it may be difficult to read people's minds. However, background checks and good interviews/interrogations by the visa officers can help a lot. In fact, Green Cards on some categories are actually issued on a temporary basis. This can be extended to all categories, and based upon how they conduct in the USA during their temporary status for say 2 years, final granting of Green Cards (permanent residency) can be denied. Sure, they will say anything for their advantage, but our observations can be quite difficult to elude. A good thing about immigration and visa is that nobody actually has a right to get them, they are privileges and courtesies offered to foreigners by the host country.
Here is a simple problem with the Independent. Do they call the USA or the UK a "Christian country"? If not, why are they calling those six countries 'Muslim countries'? Because islam is the established religion, as it is in Saudi Arabia, but somehow Trump has given that country a pass, even though it is known to have produced the 9/11 bombrrs. . I wonder why. I think the USA should amend the First Amendment to its constitution to truncate freedom of religion. Any religious edict that is unjust, hateful and barbaric should be shunned by the state. Of course, that amendment should be proposed and made possible by the progressive forces of the country. Neither Trump nor the Republican Party would be expected to do that any time soon. However, unfortunately, the otherwise more progressive Democratic Party is not progressive enough to do that. I also think that the USA should give "values test" to anyone coming to settle in this country; sorry, I disagree with the Independent here. For example, if you have any dream of Sharia law in the USA, you should not be allowed to come here; it may be difficult to read people's minds, but that is what the principle should be. In any case, I think the reality of the USA would make it go through some turmoil between regressive forces and the ones that would need to be true and objective to their progressive minds.
Here is a simple problem with the Independent. Do they call the USA or the UK a "Christian country"? If not, why are they calling those six countries 'Muslim countries'? Because islam is the established religion, as it is in Saudi Arabia, but somehow Trump has given that country a pass, even though it is known to have produced the 9/11 bombrrs. . I wonder why. I think the USA should amend the First Amendment to its constitution to truncate freedom of religion. Any religious edict that is unjust, hateful and barbaric should be shunned by the state. Of course, that amendment should be proposed and made possible by the progressive forces of the country. Neither Trump nor the Republican Party would be expected to do that any time soon. However, unfortunately, the otherwise more progressive Democratic Party is not progressive enough to do that. I also think that the USA should give "values test" to anyone coming to settle in this country; sorry, I disagree with the Independent here. For example, if you have any dream of Sharia law in the USA, you should not be allowed to come here; it may be difficult to read people's minds, but that is what the principle should be. In any case, I think the reality of the USA would make it go through some turmoil between regressive forces and the ones that would need to be true and objective to their progressive minds. I also wonder why Saudi Arabia and Pakistan were not included in Trump's executive order on travel restrictions. Trump surely looks like operating whimsically.
I also wonder why Saudi Arabia and Pakistan were not included in Trump's executive order on travel restrictions. Trump surely looks like operating whimsically.
Trump has businesses in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. Also, the U.S. government has been in bed with the House of Saud since the 1930s. Can't piss 'em off or they might raise the price of oil.

Hey Mike, how about responding to my post #19 above]?

Sure, it was very immature, your data did not following the subject matter and you made statements that did not achieve what you were claiming. You mostly do not supply factual material that is relevant. So maybe it is best for you to keep doing what you do best and that is posting snide remarks. Let me help you out here. Spin is what you do. Fox may have made some mistakes on reporting. But that is not spin. Follow the intent.
Sure, it was very immature, your data did not following the subject matter and you made statements that did not achieve what you were claiming. You mostly do not supply factual material that is relevant. So maybe it is best for you to keep doing what you do best and that is posting snide remarks. Let me help you out here. Spin is what you do. Fox may have made some mistakes on reporting. But that is not spin. Follow the intent. That post was factual with links to back up the facts. You have exposed yourself as an ideologue. Trying to engage you is a waste of time. Go ahead and live in your fantasy world and see what happens.