Do you agree or disagree?

No jokes
No sex!!!
No pets
God please don’t tell me there’s no beer in heaven!
:ahhh:

Most Christians don’t even think that much about heaven and honestly if pressed would reveal they don’t even believe in it. If they did a) they’d commit suicide to get there and b) they always think it’s wonderful. Imagine this: you have a wife who you love dearly, she’s the love of your life. Then she dies unexpectedly and you are ruined emotionally. You long for the day when you’ll meet again in heaven. You long for 15 years. Then you meet someone else, fall in love, and THIS women truly is the love of your life. Then YOU die unexpectedly. You get to heaven and what does your first love of your life think? Is she ok with it? Why did you lie to her when she was alive and why after she died did you continue to dream of seeing her someday in heaven? Ummm, a little inconvenient huh.

Quotes
Intro
Hey, meat sack! If you got five minutes, come talk to me! I got no body!
Interact with him
Good deal. Welcome to the Spirit World. Kinda. Let’s check out the chests for any goodies, and see if you can find my body somewhere!
Random puns
Ghosts must get cold. The wind goes straight through ‘em!
I always wanted to play the organ.
I got a bone to pick wit’ you!
I know my jokes ain’t so good… I lost my funny bone!
I love you wit’ every bone in my body!
I’m bonin’ up on my spirit lore.
I’m not sure I have the stomach for this…
I thought about askin’ her out but I didn’t have the guts.
I used to be more humerus.
I was bone to be wild!
Maybe I’m a bit of a bonehead…
Say anthin’, it won’t get under my skin!
Sometimes you gotta be sternum with unruly ghosts.
Sorry for ribbin’ ya so much.
Sticks and stones may break my bones…
They didn’t leave me with a leg to stand on!
Want to hear somethin’ funny? Coccyx.
What kind of spirit haunts a chicken coop? A poultry geist!
Who just called me a numbskull?
Who needs a body when your jokes got legs?
Why don’t I dance at parties? I have no body to dance wit’!
Find his body
Wicked! You found my body! Look at them old bones.
I really thought I’d be more excited about this…
Know what? I don’t even want 'em. I like being able to float around freely.
note, came off the internet.

No jokes No sex!!! No pets God please don’t tell me there’s no beer in heaven! :ahhh:
I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell] Now available for free on the internet. I'm at work so I couldn't go to TuckerMax.com
Most Christians don't even think that much about heaven and honestly if pressed would reveal they don't even believe in it. If they did a) they'd commit suicide to get there and b) they always think it's wonderful......
Take heaven out of Christianity and watch Christianity disappear. Christians think about heaven more than you think, Jesus gave us very little information so Christians are force to create their own ideas. Note, the church had to create purgatory and make it a sin to commit suicide. But, my views are from my generation and with the newer generations, your probably right. There is so much going on in the world today, who has the time to worry about heaven?

You left one out Mike: what do you get when you goose a ghost?
Answer: a handful of sheet!
Cap’t Jack

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell
Ya, me too, ICE COLD BEER!

Heaven = pie in the sky. Accept your meager live here for a greater reward in the after life. Control is the name of the game.

Heaven. My understanding of mankind’s view of heaven.
Heaven. The way I see it, there are two ways at looking at this matter.
One.
“Why in the hell would anyone with half a brain buy into that logic?"
Two.
Things evolve. And we can recognize this fact and try to move the evolution forward in the right direction. And to do this, I think one should understand how we got to where we are.
This is how I look at how heaven evolved.
The ancients created heaven a long time ago to use with the cast system. Then something happen that just about wiped out mankind’s knowledge base and history. As God was the collection of mankind’s knowledge, God was just about wiped out too. Pieces of the laws that governed mankind was about the only part of God that was somewhat recovered. Mankind could not get the cast system working again. Deities were then used with the bits and pieces of the old system to replace the old god. Heaven never really recovered and what we ended up with was just pieces of past ideas brought into the new religions. The biggest change in heaven was that man now remained in heaven for eternity and did not return to be reborn again.
Paul said in 2 Corinthians 12:2 “I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven." Which tells us that people knew what the third heaven was because Paul did not have to explain the third heaven. In Christianity and Islam you can see that people’s understanding of the ancient heavens must have been a real issue as the new religions came to be. Because the new religions didn’t use the different levels of heaven. And we finally end up with one heaven instead of eleven. Most likely because the cast system was gone, there was no longer a need for the many heavens.
Alexandria Egypt had a lot of political power and almost became the capital of the Roman Empire.
It is my feeling that the colleges in the East and Alexandria had knowledge of what had happened to the ancient religions and were trying to influence social and political policies in the areas. As the biggest Jewish population was in Alexandria and three other cities in Egypt. The Egyptian Jewish religious beliefs had a lot of changes that were different from the old Judah religions. The olive oil was still the binding factor for keeping Judah and the large land owners of Judah most likely lived close by in Alexandria.
Most likely, Jesus was sent to Jerusalem from Alexandria to work with the new religious movement. This movement must have started decades earlier by the Egyptian Jews. This can be seen by the major change to using burial boxes at the temple mount. And the fact that Jesus only ministered for less than 3 years. It is most likely the church was already established for Jesus to have done what he did in less than three years.
If Jesus’s end goal was to bring religion back to the Gnostic form of knowledge, he would have down played heaven to the people as much as he could. Guess what, that’s exactly what Jesus did.

Sorry, Mike, I had to change the color in your post from blue to red. Blue is reserved for moderator comments.
Occam

It's fulfilling a desire. And lots of people discuss the afterlife. I don't get what you're saying for most of this post. Do you mean why no scientific research?
Mankind has had afterlife without religion and afterlife without God. Yet, people know very little about the afterlife. So, “It’s fulfilling a desire" is what I am seeing too. I do not care about scientific research. What I am saying is that people really know every little about afterlife. And that is subject they should understand the most. So why do people follow something they understand very little about, unless it is a human desire? Actually, nobody knows ANYTHING about an afterlife. Claims of an afterlife are ALL speculation and legend. Lois

Afterlife is one of mankind’s most treasured possession. Mankind’s greatest book ever written is based upon the payment of afterlife. There are countless stories telling us to stay away from the bright light. The angels and the devil came from this place of afterlife.
Just because we know damn little about heaven has never stopped modern man from defending the idea and forming major religions using the idea.
So when the stories of someone going to heaven are written, people then know and have knowledge about heaven.
I agree with you that all this knowledge is speculation and legend. But as 2%’s we are the minorities in this subject.
So, with that said, I guess I can kiss goodbye to my ninety virgins waiting for me after death. :-S

Just a note about heaven and my research. Research takes time, and there is so much stuff, when I get to a comfort level on a subject or run out of data, I move to another subject. But over time other little interesting facts pop up. Like the bible talks about the earth being the first heaven and all the heavens of the Vedic religions were the planets. The Sun was the heaven for the gods of the Egyptian religion.
I think you could almost replace the word “heaven" with “planets" and come closer to the ancient meaning of the word.
Jesus seem to have clear direction, but after Jesus, when the gospels were being written, there was many different thoughts about how religion worked and how it had worked in the past. Then a few centuries later, when these gospels were being used to create the bible, a lot of give and take had to take place with the use of the gospels.
One must remember too that the bible was a government project and not a religious undertaking. That is true with both the OT and the NT.
Some examples of “heavens" for you to look at if you want.
Psalm 148:4 Praise him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies. …
Praise him, you highest heavens, and you waters above the heavens!

Jeremiah 10:11 "Tell them this: 'These gods, who did not make the heavens and the earth …
Genesis 2:4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created …
Psalm 68:33 to him who rides across the highest heavens, the ancient heavens, who thunders with mighty voice. …
Psalm 115:16 The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but the earth he has given to mankind.
Deuteronomy 10:14 To the LORD your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it. …
2 Chronicles 2:6 But who is able to build a temple for him, since the heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain him? … Not even the highest heavens can contain him! …
Ephesians 4:10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe …
Hebrews 1:10 He also says, "He also says, "In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. …
2 Peter 3:5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. …
2 Peter 3:7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly. …
Habakkuk 3:3 God came from Teman, the Holy One from Mount Paran. …
… His glory covered the heavens and his praise filled the earth. … His brilliant splendor fills the heavens, and the earth is filled with his praise. …

Nehemiah 9:6 You alone are the LORD… You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. …
Proverbs 8:27 I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep …
Proverbs 3:19 By wisdom the LORD laid the earth’s foundations, by understanding he set the heavens in place …

I agree with you that all this knowledge is speculation and legend.
Knowledge does not equal speculation and legend.
I agree with you that all this knowledge is speculation and legend.
Knowledge does not equal speculation and legend. Sorry, I should have tagged Lois's quote, we were talking about the knowledge of afterlife being speculation and legend.
The only phenomenon after life is death--complete cessation of consciousness and body function. There is NO evidence that there is any life after death, only wishful thinking. Lois
Do you think that this wishful thinking is the driving force that makes mankind create religions? Is this wishful thinking coming from the genes of mankind? After all it has been around an awful long time. Long before god and religions were around, as shown in the Red Ochre burials. It's possible. It is certainly an important factor. Lois
Afterlife is one of mankind’s most treasured possession. Mankind’s greatest book ever written is based upon the payment of afterlife. There are countless stories telling us to stay away from the bright light. The angels and the devil came from this place of afterlife. Just because we know damn little about heaven has never stopped modern man from defending the idea and forming major religions using the idea. So when the stories of someone going to heaven are written, people then know and have knowledge about heaven. I agree with you that all this knowledge is speculation and legend. But as 2%’s we are the minorities in this subject. So, with that said, I guess I can kiss goodbye to my ninety virgins waiting for me after death. :-S
Yes. I think that's a given. You wrote, "Just because we know damn little about heaven has never stopped modern man from defending the idea and forming major religions using the idea." The idea of god or gods never stopped modern man (or ancient man, for that matter) from defending the idea and forming major religions around it either. Imagination and wishful thinking work that way. Lois
It's fulfilling a desire. And lots of people discuss the afterlife. I don't get what you're saying for most of this post. Do you mean why no scientific research?
How would anyone research the existence of an afterlife scientifically? Lois