Detachment

Watched this movie last night.]
Not a feel good movie. The most philosophical movie I’ve seen in a long time. The teacher applies Camus and Poe to the inner city troubled school he is teaching in. It has an indie feel, but check out the cast. Big names in bit parts, I think they really saw the value in this one and wanted to be in it.

Not a feel good movie.
Yeah. but a good movie. Thanks for pointing to it. As a non-native English speaker I had some troubles to understand everything.
The most philosophical movie I've seen in a long time.
We could discuss what 'philosophical' means, but I think I know what you mean. I would prefer the label 'existential'. The struggle of all the persons to survive their inner 'ghosts' or emptiness seems one of the main topics of the movie. Some fail (Meredith), some flee in sarcasm, in funny rituals, and some try to keep their morals high (Barthes, Parker).
The teacher applies Camus and Poe to the inner city troubled school he is teaching in. It has an indie feel, but check out the cast. Big names in bit parts, I think they really saw the value in this one and wanted to be in it.
Poe... I never saw 'The Fall of the House of Usher' as a symbolic story: the house as a symbol for our personality. Maybe I should reread it.