Describing a sustainable civilization

You’re not saying anything, which could be a form of trolling, as per rules. Please read the rules. When you give short posts that say nothing, people have no clue what you are saying and it doesn’t contribute to the conversation.

It did.

No need to get offended when that’s pointed out.

Here to help assist your education.

Is English your first language?

I ask because expressions like "short term planning of politicians for electrical purposes " make no sense and do need clarification… :thinking:

Do you mean “electoral puposes”?

Sorry… typos do occur…

1 Like

This is not a good attitude. The purpose here is discussion, backed up by facts and evidence and logic. Topics are often controversial and don’t have clear answers.

1 Like

These are the statements we are referring too. They say nothing and contribute nothing.

3e of the rules (FAQs):

e. “Trolling” is not allowed.

This can include posts that don’t contribute anything because they need to be clarified. WIthout facts and evidence to back up the statement, there is nothing to reply to and have a civil debate. You are just making a statement that means nothing.

Deescalation skills would go a long way here instead of acting like a tyrant

Evidence for an observation on the machinations of short term politicking is quite a demand

Yes. And we’re not against opinions or speaking out about what’s bothering you. It’s you that said you wanted to educate. You don’t educate by saying something is obvious.

Maybe- if its news to you that our rulers make decisions based on the electoral cycle.

Now, what does that mean? That politicians say what voters want to hear? Not news

Demand on what?
It’s like I read that sentence and it’s okay, that’s plain enough,
but it doesn’t actually say anything anyone of can do anything with.

It’s like white bread, no actual substance.

I have the feeling you got better in you, and the die-hards around would really really love to have a decent constructive informative conversation, a little civility, a little self-deprecation, a little empathy for others that might not have your experience or knowledge, a little understand that all of us are flawed, a little willingness to do some teaching, most of us are doing the best we can with what we have. But it’s always a two way street - the energy you send out, is the energy others have to work with.

I’d love to find out a little more about what you think and how you justify the way you think, but first you need to help us understand how you think.

At least I’m assuming you showed up in good faith and that at heart you’re not just another troll.

2 Likes

@ ruleswithoutrulers

For one I’d like to hear about your choice of “nom de plume”

Are you an Anarchist? If so, why?

I’m hardly a tyrant. I gave you plenty of chances to make posts that are clearer than your one line statements that mean nothing or make any sense, causing you to sound like a troll.

ROFL! Maybe he is white bread and has no actual substance. Sorry, I couldn’t resist when you said that.

That said, and in all seriousness, you seem to understand what I am trying to get across to him. If you understand, even though it wasn’t addressed to you, why doesn’t he understand?

Your approach is way too aggressive and an unwelcoming style that doesnt facilitate openings in discussion.

“I’d love to find out a little more about what you think and how you justify the way you think, but first you need to help us understand how you think.”

"For one I’d like to hear about your choice of “nom de plume”

Here comes the cavalry
No worries. I just got here!!

So you say. Let’s see you improve now. There’s another newbie here and he posted very well for his first post. It made sense and contributed a lot to the conversation. It is doable.

1 Like

The style changes when the discussion moves to politics