Describing a sustainable civilization

You’re welcome. I’m glad it I could help.

I have ZoneAlarm (software) and it is very picky about secure sites. The ZA browser is even worse about it.

Note / To clarify - the 500,000,000 was from the Georgia Guidestones.
The Aspen Group number is 1bn and stated as a somewhat arbitrary number at this point

Not bad ideas but attempts at designing society don’t have a good track record. However, if we could end globalization some of the goals would be reached in less than 250 years.

Hi again triplex69, sorry to take so long to respond but it turns out there is a limit to the number of replies I can post in one day and so had to wait for today.
The Aspen Proposal is deliberately silent about what kind of economic system would work in our future world (as it is with political systems) because we think there could be a range of approaches. Having said that, whatever system we will develop will need to function well in an economy that isn’t growing. Our current economic approach does not seem well suited to either that future vision, or the long period of easing that will occur over centuries prior to that as our population declines. There are a few economists working on steady-state systems but we need a lot more folks involved in that process.

Hi thatoneguy,
To your first point, I agree, and that is partly why we kept the Proposal as bare bones as it is. We only included what we feel are the essential components of a long-term sustainable civilization. And to your second point, I think many of the goals can be achieved much sooner than a few centuries. Bringing the population down in a humane fashion is the part that will take the longest.

And always “plan ahead”.

5 minutes ahead for our rulers.

What are you talking about? Everytime you post something, it never makes much sense.

If you don’t start clarifying your statements, you will start getting warnings, at least from this mod.

1 Like

Wow you are super aggressive arent you? Better to stay away from you

No, not trying to be aggressive. I’m just trying to get you to make more than just one sentence statements and clarify them so that they make sense. Otherwise, you will be considered a troll as per rules.

Thats how your welcome new posters? Straight to threats? Look at the title of the thread the OP and the previous comment i ressponded to . It aint that hard

Argument from incredulity - Wikipedia.

“This entire post is a giant logical fallacy. You claim it’s just obvious. True or not, you do not make your case.”
Thats uncalled for and just plain being nasty

I think you may have missed the irony in that pic.

Did you like the irony in my comment of this whole discussion in terms of the posturing of politicians who make these decisions?

It’s hard to tell what you’re trying to say. You seem confident of your points. So confident, that when I pointed out that you are not being understood, you couldn’t believe it.

It was a little too obtuse for me. I tried to attach a humorous angle to it, but failed miserably.

Why is it hard to tell? Only one person has said this

The three people who responded here have said it. You are obscure enough that there isn’t enough there to ask about. 5 minutes? What’s that mean?

1 Like

short term planning of politicans for electrical purposes that have long term implications. I didnt think this would need clarification