INFINITE POTENTIAL
Here’s a 2022 version:
YouTube: Otoriteyi Sorgula
(…and the price is right.)
Correct, no argument—but that’s all it is. It’s mathematics.
What does it offer to a living person who’s trying to make sense of all their conflicting emotions, desires, guilt, fear, love, death, inadequacy, and so on?
Can you show me anything in that video that actually helps us humans unravel and start making sense of our “Consciousness”?
“Infinite Potential”—in our physical realm? Try imaging it.
How about doing the best we can with what we have?
We need Infinite Understanding.
Not in a literal sense, but in the form of a deeper dive into deep time—into how Earth evolved our bodies, and where we acquired this or that feature.
Understanding the peace found in realizing:
“I am a filament in Earth’s Evolution.”
Okay, rather than infinite understanding, how about a solid foundation in the fundamentals?
Let’s begin with a deep appreciation for the Physical Reality ~ Human Mind divide, and everything that flows from it.
That approach leads to an appreciation of the partnership between one’s body/brain and mind.
An aside - Recently, I’ve started writing my memoir, so I’ve been more focused on my early childhood memories than ever before. I’ve come to remember that, since my Audubon days, I’ve had this sense of my body as a separate entity from “me.” My body possessed knowledge, awareness, with a will and abilities beyond what I could reach with my mind alone.
In my twenties, I realized that my body took better care of me, than I did of it. That realization deepened my respect. Which in turn, had me paying more attention to the signals my body sent to my mind, inevitably getting better at care of myself.
Later, I dove into learning about the pageant of Evolution, which continues adding to increasing insights along with a sense of being grounded, that no religion can offer.}
Back to the video.
In these discussions, there is almost never any mention of Evolution—none in this one. Let alone any deeper dive into the biological foundation of our consciousness. It’s alway staring at the unreachable tiny, or cosmic - what about Earth?
When can we start realizing and discussing, that Earth is the root of it all: our physical body and brain getting on with the business of living creating our consciousness and sense of self. Same as it ever was with every creature that has roamed this miracle planet.
I don’t understand why this is left out.
Please—can you explain why Earth seems so trivial to so many great minds?
Why doesn’t anyone mention the accepted biological reality that it is our bodies, in the act of living, that produce our thoughts… and it is our thoughts that produce our sense of self?
Show me anything in that video that genuinely relates to our humanity—or offers tips for gaining deeper insight into ourselves. Grand notions and math can’t help us understand who we are.
I apologize. There was a time when this sort of thing sounded more interesting to me.
But there’s nothing in it to help me understand anything of importance—to help me/us live on this planet and deal with other humans and with myself.
That’s why, for me, this never gets past mind-candy.
It’s intellectual entertainment. And not coincidentally, it’s been one heck of a nice ride for these celebrity thinkers we’ve come to know and love.
In what context?
For what purpose?
What’s with the Infinite Potential ?