Creationism and Politics

Who’s up for more disheartening news? No one? Too bad. You’re getting it anyway. According to a survey done last year, 1 in 4 Americans thinks the sun revolves around the Earth . I’m proud to be an American…. *shoots self in head*
Wait, what? The sun doesn't revolve around the Earth? Damn, what am I going to do with my Armillary sphere? Also, You know that one guy who believes this? Well, he didn't pay attention in class, too busy drawing pictures of hot cars. And here's another alarming statistic, only 27% of Americans have a degree beyond a high school diploma. And since Texas has revised the History books by omitting facts, will they do the same to astronomy texts? Cap't Jack
Astronomy texts in high school? If they wasted money ings on trivial things like that Texas high school football teams would have to take unairconditioned buses to away games. Yeah, no astronomy classes in high school, in Texas, that I recall. However, I somehow knew that the Earth goes around the Sun. I even remember presenting an explanation to a class I was in, in High School, (it must have been in '68) on how we were going to land men on the moon. But I got that from a National Geographic at home, and the class was a literature class, where the assignment was to get up in front of the class and explain something.
... The unicorns referred to were one horned rhinoceros. In the middle east?
Yeah, knew about one horned rhinoceri(sp?) in northern Africa. Hey! are you trying to undermine my faith? All species of rhinocerus are found only in south Africa, way south. There is no indication they ever lived in north Africa.
... The unicorns referred to were one horned rhinoceros. In the middle east?
Yeah, knew about one horned rhinoceri(sp?) in northern Africa. Hey! are you trying to undermine my faith? All species of rhinocerus are found only in south Africa, way south. There is no indication they ever lived in north Africa. Enough with this atheistic propaganda. Rhinoceros were in Egyptian hieroglyphs as late as about 4500 years ago. They may have become extinct or less well known in northern Africa, after that, as they seem to have disappeared from later hieroglyphs.
Astronomy texts in high school? If they wasted money ings on trivial things like that Texas high school football teams would have to take unairconditioned buses to away games.
Damn Darron, you really nailed it, the number one thing on the minds of most school boards, having a winning team. And if you don't the coach is the first one to go. In reality, we did have an astronomy club once, in 1964. There are times when I miss those days and oh, my parents found my original Science book printed in 1962 and guess what, we were taught evolution by natural selection! Now wasn't that about the time that evil Madeline Murray O'Hare had prayer taken out of school? Well,that explains everything now. Cap't Jack
Astronomy texts in high school? If they wasted money ings on trivial things like that Texas high school football teams would have to take unairconditioned buses to away games.
Damn Darron, you really nailed it, the number one thing on the minds of most school boards, having a winning team. And if you don't the coach is the first one to go. In reality, we did have an astronomy club once, in 1964. There are times when I miss those days and oh, my parents found my original Science book printed in 1962 and guess what, we were taught evolution by natural selection! Now wasn't that about the time that evil Madeline Murray O'Hare had prayer taken out of school? Well,that explains everything now. Cap't Jack
That was a bad trade off. Kids don't have to be subjected to prayer in school, but instead, are now, subjected to Creationism curriculum.

I got taught creationism in elementary and middle school. Young Earth creationism even. And flood geology! I got taught fun “facts” such as:
-Continental drift is the result of the flood waters pushing up from underground.
-Canyons, natural arches and the like are mostly the result of the flood. Or magnets. I don’t know. They’re morons.
-Fossils are from the animals that were left off the ark (I think) and drowned in the flood.
-People used to live for hundreds of years but don’t anymore because reasons.
-Some people used to have superpowers.
-People are made of magic dirt.
-“It’s Adam and Eve. Not Adam and Steve.” Bleh.
And a whole bunch of other shit that I can’t remember and just makes me angry with my parents for thinking they were getting me a good education. Instead of the lousy one I actually got which got me stuck in remedial math in high school. With its 20 year out of date science book (large sections of which were glossed over, ignored or twisted into mind torturing irrationality) and a bunch of Jesus bullshit that’s useless for anything other than giving stupid people something to fuel their own stupidity. I can’t believe how much money they must have pissed away on that garbage. Can you tell I’m a little bitter yet?

Don’t sugar coat it DM. Tell us what you really think.