Congressional No-Show at 'Heart-Breaking' Drone Survivor Hearing

Oh yea, those pigs in Congress are so ready to export more weapons and misery endlessly extending and increasing the Bush/Cheney insanity of turning already victimized peoples into cold blooded vicious terrorists - After all our actions are the fulfillment of their worst suspicions and fears about the ruthless “developed free nations” how can we expect anything else???
But in true political fashion our Representatives run and hide from facing the consequences of their pea-brained actions.
But, I guess most of our citizens do the same… “I don’t want to hear, just bomb the hell outta 'em.”
and now from a cozy office building in some cozy US suburb. How convenience and clean.
And this is what we call progress???

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 byCommon Dreams Congressional No-Show at 'Heart-Breaking' Drone Survivor Hearing In "historic" briefing, Rehman family gives heartbreaking account of drone killing of 65-year-old grandmother... to five lawmakers by http://www.commondreams.org/news/2013/10/29/congressional-no-show-heart-breaking-drone-survivor-hearing Despite being heralded as the first time in history that U.S. lawmakers would hear directly from the survivors of a U.S. drone strike, only five elected officials chose to attend the congressional briefing that took place Tuesday. Pakistani schoolteacher Rafiq ur Rehman and his two children—9 year-old daughter Nabila and 13 year-old son Zubair—came to Washington, DC to give their account of a U.S. drone attack that killed Rafiq's mother, Momina Bibi, and injured the two children in the remote tribal region of North Waziristan last October. According to journalist Anjali Kamat, who was present and tweeting live during the hearing, the only lawmakers to attend the briefing organized by Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.), were Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.), Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ) and Rep. Rick Nolan (D-Minn.). Before the handful of reporters and scant lawmakers, however, Rafiq and his children gave dramatic testimony which reportedly caused the translator to break down into tears. In her testimony, Nabila shared that she was picking okra with her grandmother when the U.S. missile struck and both children described how they used to play outside but are now too afraid. "I no longer love blue skies. In fact, I now prefer grey skies. Drones don't fly when sky is grey," said Zubair . . .
And we wonder why so many have come to hate the US