Climate Change

Start scrubbing tomorrow. WE HAVE EVERYTHING NECESSARY FOR PLANTING THOUSANDS OF ACRES OF HEMP!

It takes no energy to grow hemp. It can even be seeded by hand. It requires no fertilizers, no pesticides, very little water, very poor soil. Take the worst bare land and plant Hemp.

The hemp manufacturing technology and markets are available all over the world. The US is one of the few countries that does not grow hemp as part of its economy, because of the fossil fuel industry!

If I figure out how to move posts, I definitely will.

I found an old thread named Hemp? and made an entry. just yesterday

1 Like

Scientists and industry insiders are increasingly optimistic about hemp’s potential as a tool in the fight against climate change. They say it’s the world’s most versatile natural product and that it can supercharge efforts to avoid environmental catastrophe.

Hemp’s natural properties and ability to save land and water can benefit farmers when farmed on a large scale. Furthermore, many of the products made from it can help decarbonize industries. There is also potential that hemp can absorb significant amounts of carbon and improve soil fertility, something the world desperately needs right now.

1 Like

Order of magnitude 1000 acres is over a square mile. We need a billion acres. Where?

acres to square miles Conversion Chart Near 440000 acres

acres to square miles of
440000 acres = 687.5 square miles
450000 acres = 703.1 square miles
460000 acres = 718.8 square miles
470000 acres = 734.4 square miles
480000 acres = 750 square miles
490000 acres = 765.6 square miles
500000 acres = 781.3 square miles
510000 acres = 796.9 square miles
520000 acres = 812.5 square miles
530000 acres = 828.1 square miles
540000 acres = 843.8 square miles
550000 acres = 859.4 square miles
560000 acres = 875 square miles

Note: Values are rounded to 4 significant figures. Fractions are rounded to the nearest 8th fraction.

This subject text has been moved at request of mods. See “HEMP?” thread to continue an in-depth discussion on the properties of Hemp.

Personal carbon allowance revisited
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41893-021-00756-w

The problem is that you cannot legislate climate… Paying taxes on carbon emissions does not halt the carbon emission, it just makes it less profitable.

And there’s creative financing.

I think it was in this thread somewhere about a “Biofuels” credit for energy production.
Wood pellets are considered a Biofuel, because originally they were made from waste product.

But now, forests in the US are being cleared to make wood pellets for “Biofuel” in Europe. And the companies using the pellets are meeting their goals on paper while forests are destroyed in the US.

That is one of the aspects behind the lumber products shortage we have seen.

Not that I am advocating for this, but hemp makes incredibly good pellets
Of course, the problem with burning carbon rich fuel is exactly the same for hemp as for wood.

Burning any of these type pellets releases enormous quantities of carbon into the atmosphere.

What we want is to conserve the carbon sequestration by Tree forests and Industrial Hemp forests. Grow the hemp for cash crop, and trees for aesthetic beauty, wildlife preservation, and local special purposes.

1 Like

And I wonder how much pollution is produced in manufacturing and transporting those pellets.
But as long as those energy companies can claim a “Biofuels” credit, it’s not on them… :roll_eyes:

I hear you babe. I’ve always wondered about solutions that are more complicated than the problem trying to be rectified.

Which forces change. That’s it purpose

I was one of the 12,000 people registered to enter the site of the Vogtle Nuclear Plant during construction of units 1 and 2. The energy consumed by all those people going to and from the site and the manufacture, transportation and installation of all the materials required to build the plant was more (so I have heard) than will ever be produced by the plant.

All human activity is always a net loss game. Basic thermodynamics tells us that activity never breaks even. You just can’t get more out of a system than you put in to it. Perpetual motion doesn’t happen.

The only way to control climate change without a degradation of lifestyle is to control population. The world’s population has tripled in my lifetime. Unless we do something it will triple again in the lifetime of some reading this.

We cannot triple food production, clean water availability, energy production, cities, airports, roads and railroads, and everything else we need and want without losing something else. The planet is a finite resource. They’re not making more land and we’re already short on fresh water.

If the rest of you don’t control population climate won’t be an issue; civilization as you know it won’t survive. I will be dead in a few years so it won’t impact me that much, but I feel really sorry for your grandchildren and their grandchildren. I chose not to have kids, and I’m glad; I’m not responsible for the population problem.

To I believe
images (6)

But you don’t believe

Yoy want more?
https://www.google.com/search?q=starving+children+in+africa&client=avg&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=UsWDskuhL-K0NM%252CpumaZbmE8rB2uM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQYaOBJjJQ8nV8VmMAlTMb6AkClsA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiMj77-9MDyAhX3JzQIHaAzBYMQ9QF6BAgQEAE&biw=1280&bih=647#imgrc=UsWDskuhL-K0NM

That doesn’t counter the " it’s all because of world population level" bull

It counters that cynical example of your grotesque attempt at racial humor.

No. Mine speaks to global inequality

Like a fat kid in Africa?