Christianity as a default in Europe is gone

Something to cheer about.
I wonder, why Slovakia is not in the article, but whatever. In last census 60% of Slovaks (all generations) identified as christians, however only 20% from this group actually visit churches.
Edit: I contacted the St. Mary University in Twickenham if they had the information from Slovakia. If not, i already started to ask poll agency in Slovakia if they can perform such inquiry and for the costs.

What is your thoughts on where the Christianity went to? Mankind and religion goes back into pre-history. Humans seem to have a gene that requires them to seek some of the items Christianity provided. Assuming that humans have not changed, there must be something that is replacing the Christianity.
My bet would be the items Christianity provide are in the forms of knowledge and history of human spirit. And I would guess the internet is giving better knowledge on the subjects in question.
The other item that may have caused some changes is the Churches tax systems. I have read where the churches in Germany was not allowing people into the church if they stopped the payroll deduction going to the church. This was because so many people were stopping the deduction. Sounded to me like the churches were creating a pay to pray system.

The headline is painting with wide strokes as the graph shows identifying as Christian is still quite common outside most of northern and western Europe. Also keep in mind that Islam will become dominant in several of the “godless" countries if demographic trends continue.

What is your thoughts on where the Christianity went to? Mankind and religion goes back into pre-history. Humans seem to have a gene that requires them to seek some of the items Christianity provided. Assuming that humans have not changed, there must be something that is replacing the Christianity. My bet would be the items Christianity provide are in the forms of knowledge and history of human spirit. And I would guess the internet is giving better knowledge on the subjects in question.
Answer to the question is hidden in idioms which are common to various different languages. "God knows" can be described as "I dont know, and there is possibilty that nobody else does". The main difference is access to knowledge, partially by easier ways than printed books. Downsize is that we have to deal with hoaxes and quacks. Certain people - some religious, but also some well informed skeptics - are either afraid what will replace religion or are actively fightning misinformation. Clergy tend to claim that religious beliefs are either harmless or are motivating people to live healthy life without committing crimes. This would be fine, unless religious people start to create conspiracy theories of their own or fight science, or even take part in religiously motivated violence. Science wont be new religion, but rise of various beliefs which are destructive (various sects, breatharianism) to the believers indicates risks to the society. Christian beliefs are relatively harmless, unless you live in Northern Ireland.
The headline is painting with wide strokes as the graph shows identifying as Christian is still quite common outside most of northern and western Europe. Also keep in mind that Islam will become dominant in several of the “godless" countries if demographic trends continue.
The headline is probably directed toward audience in UK, I expecteded it to be similar to France or Germany. There might be shift happenning. When it comes to Bratislava, Slovakia where I live, situation should be similar to Portugal, but because we are culturally close to both Czech Republic and Poland it differs a lot in various regions of Slovakia. northeast of the country is very religious on similar level as Poland, southeast is more secular. 70% of secular people in my case is an informed guess. I would expect that amount of secular people in region where I live is much higher compared to USA.

Hey but if the Pope says Hell is a myth, what’s that do for them?
just wondering

WHATEVER
%-P

I simply couldn’t resist

I believe in 3 realms of human life, THEN, NOW, and WHEREVER.
Back to what you wrote. The way you describe it makes perfect sense to me. The way the Pope explains it, doesn't work for me.
Hey but if the Pope says Hell is a myth, what's that do for them? just wondering
Pope John Paul II said that "heaven is a state of mind" some 10+ years ago... Yet there is still a lady writing her 4rth blog on same plattform i write my blogs, and warns about risks of the afterlife... She has to be perfectly unaware of that statement.